Shotblasting and powder coating my 1150 Adv fork stanchions in the South East?

PWA

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hello tossers. i could do with some friendly advice on the best and most economical way of cleaning up the front end of my newly purchased 1150 Adv. The front fork stanchions and bracket for said are corroded and detract from the otherwise excellent condition of the bike.
Cheers!:thumb

yeah?

:thumb2. bit worried to try that but ok. do i need to dismantle anything first?

Shot and powder coat maybe more than you need?

How about a very good clean up of the existing alloy and remaining paint, then acid etch prime followed by silver wheel paint. Cheap and cheerful, and if you spend some time on it may produce a very good durable finish.

I did a front wheel with silver wheel paint without bothering with any primer at all and was amazed how well it came out and how long it lasted, probably more than 8 years and still looked ok if not new anymore, and it didn’t flake off...

Made my fork legs look a bit naff mind :D

Recently had the same problem with lower forks and bottom fork brace...careful masking wet and dry and hammerite smooth and it looks like new....if I new how to load photo's I would show you the finished article....it will look good.

Polish the fork brace - You can get it loking like chrome, looks superb and it stops it fromk corroding.

But if you still want shotblasting, powder coating or any other finishing try Jura-spray, mitcham, surrey.

or foremost coatings at felbridge east grinstead. Dave 01342 833455

thanks guys for the advice!

think i'm gonna go down the masking and "hammerite smooth spray" route.
:thumb2

Not sure if I am doing this right BUT i think I have uploaded the photo on my bike having sanded with wetndry and sprayed with hammerite...here goes.

Attachments

• P1010173.jpg
    P1010173.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 325
Oops! teach me to read the thread properly:blast

Would go with the black diamond sheets...used it before. Tricky to apply well but does look good once on.

Wow that looks awesome

And completely answers my query on what to do with mine. Thanks!:beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom