Weather Report.....

Toad

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
It's only going down to minus 2.......

Sunny though:thumb2

<iframe src="http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/22/Next3DaysEmbed.xhtml?target=_parent" allowTransparency="true" width="306" height="435" frameborder="0">You must have a browser that supports iframes to view the BBC weather forecast</iframe>

thank god fer that

might give the camp site time to dry out before you lot get here.:augie

might give the camp site time to dry out before you lot get here.:augie

i blame the dug for incouraging the young hooligan on that little offroader myself :augie
;)

I was toying with the idea of coming along, but not any longer.

Too feckin' cold for camping:nenau

Well if that means I'll be nice and comfy tucked up in a warm bed with the missus, then yep:aidan

i will be sleeping in my picasso- bed,quilt,pillows etc etc ;)
hardcore me :)

-2 is positively balmy, I expect I will have to leave my tent unzipped, are Mosquitoes much of a problem in Shropshire? :augie I think it got colder than that last year.
Stewart

-2 is positively balmy, I expect I will have to leave my tent unzipped, are Mosquitoes much of a problem in Shropshire? :augie I think it got colder than that last year.
Stewart

I'll take your word for it, good luck to you:blast

Stewart

-4 last year........

All you need is the right gear.

I'll be fine with the Tipi, Exped Mat and Nanok -10 bag.

And the portable meths heater :D

My plan is to stay sober Friday night and drive home, ride back in the morning for a rideout, then back home to drop the bike off and bring the car to kip in after a few beers. Or kip in the shed.
My sleeping bag is only a 2+ season and I don't fancy freezing my tits off in a tent.

If outside is too cold, kip in the restaurant, that's what a few did and they seemed nice and warm :thumb:thumb

I remember opening my tent last year & there was ice on the inside & outside... I can recommend taking a hot water bottle, though; it made a huge difference :thumb

Just to be clear...is the camp site next to the restaurant? And is there a meal on Friday night?

I'm planning on riding down on Friday and camping overnight for the off road ride on Saturday. I will head back to Nottingham on Saturday evening, assuming my bike is still in one piece.

Malc

Just to be clear...is the camp site next to the restaurant? And is there a meal on Friday night?

I'm planning on riding down on Friday and camping overnight for the off road ride on Saturday. I will head back to Nottingham on Saturday evening, assuming my bike is still in one piece.

Malc

There is no campsite as such, simply camping in the (large) garden of the restaurant.

There will indeed be exceptionally fine food on the Friday night.

There is no campsite as such, simply camping in the (large) garden of the restaurant.

Will there be any of this exceptionally fine food left about 9pm for late comers?

Or should we bring a cereal bar :confused:

Val.

PS: Does any one want me to bring them some handlebar muffs?

this is true

but it sounds like malc's a veggie so we'll have to do something "Special" for him:D don't worry chap we'll look after you:aidan

oh fer the love of god

Will there be any of this exceptionally fine food left about 9pm for late comers?

Or should we bring a cereal bar :confused:

Val.

PS: Does any one want me to bring them some handlebar muffs?

i'll try to remember to put something to one side for you and we'll blast it in the microwave when you get here. your ok with meat etc.

Back
Top Bottom