Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ride Out/Meet Up

Ride Out/Meet Up

After a crackly mobile phone call with Tricky yesterday i think i agreed to put a thread up to arrange a meet up for anyone who wants to discuss this trip.

I am thinking somewhere around Cambridge to meet up.

I am personaly not available until the weekend starting Fri 26 Feb but post when you are available.

Chad

tricky463

meet up

I have some annual leave that I must use. I am wanting to go to Normandy from about 25th or 26th march to 1st april.

Anybody up for this.
    i will be camping or youth hostelling in basic accomodation as do not have much money.

i am intending to do the usual WW2 must see stuff plus, Bayeux and Falaise (bill the conqueror)

Cheers

rich

That sounds good, I had intended to do Normandy myself, purely to look round the beaches/brecourt manor, carentan etc etc.. Camping sounds good, plenty of cheap municipal sites.

Hangar 53 Custom Motor Works
    url. www.hangarfiftythree.com
    email: si@hangarfiftythree.com
    blog:www.salaamandthanksforallthefish.blogspot.com (Europe & North Africa Sept 2010)
    book: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Moto-Maroc-S...5361559&sr=8-1 (119 page paperback covering the adventure through to Morocco)

Chad.. with regards dates, I'm fairly flexible, so I'll see what everyone else chooses, then work in with that.
    Si

blog:www.salaamandthanksforallthefish.blogspot.com (Europe & North Africa Sept 2010)
    book: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Moto-Maroc-S...5361559&sr=8-1 (119 page paperback covering the adventure through to Morocco)

tricky463
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
    That sounds good, I had intended to do Normandy myself, purely to look round the beaches/brecourt manor, carentan etc etc.. Camping sounds good, plenty of cheap municipal sites.
    Uncle Bully,

in regards to the normandy trip, i have booked myself a ferry from dover calais as it was only £20 return!

Outward Dover - Calais Thu 25 Mar 2010 08:30
    Return Calais - Dover Wed 31 Mar 2010 13:55

rich

Booked up this morning, same ferry :-)
    Si

Right as the weather is forecast to be absolute shite for the next 2 - 3 weeks who fancies meeting up on Sun 07 Mar 10 for a bit of a ride but more importantly a chat about Morocco in September.

I am thinking somewhere around the A1 corridor around the A14/M11 for easy access for as many as possible.

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Hi do you mind if I come along for the meet as I may be interested in joining the Normandy run and also possibly Morroco...mind you I have to find a job first for the Morocco trip!

Quote Originally Posted by mdw403 View Post
    Right as the weather is forecast to be absolute shite for the next 2 - 3 weeks who fancies meeting up on Sun 07 Mar 10 for a bit of a ride but more importantly a chat about Morocco in September.

Does that mean that the Normandy trip is not going ahead?

Si and Rich are booked up for Normandy 25 - 31 Mar.

Rich and Chad are ferry booked 08 Sep Portsmouth - Santander for a few weeks in Morocco.

This thread was to try and organise a meet up end of Feb/Begin Mar to try and decide some sort of plan of action for the Morocco trip, but we have somehow gone.

Lets try again, Out of all the people that have stated an interest in riding down to Morocco for 2 - 3 weeks at the beginning of Sep 10 for some and some and hopefully some maybe even some , who is available Sun 07 Mar to meet up around the Cambridge area to ride and discuss options for the trip??

Chad

Oops, sorry about that. I thought Normandy was the topic and that the thread had drifted onto Morocco.

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Hi all,

Morocco right ?

Can you add me to the list please.

Malcolm

Will be watching this thread, live in Cheshire near Sandbach.

tricky463
    Quote Originally Posted by mdw403 View Post
    Si and Rich are booked up for Normandy 25 - 31 Mar.

Rich and Chad are ferry booked 08 Sep Portsmouth - Santander for a few weeks in Morocco.

This thread was to try and organise a meet up end of Feb/Begin Mar to try and decide some sort of plan of action for the Morocco trip, but we have somehow gone.

Lets try again, Out of all the people that have stated an interest in riding down to Morocco for 2 - 3 weeks at the beginning of Sep 10 for some and some and hopefully some maybe even some , who is available Sun 07 Mar to meet up around the Cambridge area to ride and discuss options for the trip??

Chad
    i will be up for the ride out on 7 march.

for those who have just appeared, please read through the other threads on the trip forum and this will give you an idea as to what is happening.
    rich

7 March is fine for me :-)

7th March sounds good to me

Click here to find out how to remove these ads

4 of us are in for this meet up so far

Me
    Rich
    Steve
    Si

So we will definately go for it, as we are London, Stockport and East Anglia i will try and get somewhere central'ish.

Details to follow.

Rich, can you bring any maps - routes you have sussed out for Morocco so we can discuss and hopefully come up with a basic plan.

Chad

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast