New Tyres

Steve Chip

Morning all,

can anyone recommend a source of new tyres?

I live near Blackburn, I'm sure my local National will to Tourance but does anyone know anyone they would recommend?

Cheers

Steve

Buckley tyres

Buckley Tyres are based in my home town, and have a good rep. A nice bunch of guys, and reasonable prices. But not sure if its too far for you.. if your heading to north wales, could get them done on the way into wales..

Buckley Tyre Service 01244 544575
Church Rd
Buckley, Clwyd CH7 3AD

A they have a lot of local following and a lot come from farther afield, get there early on a saturday now the summer has come, they get really busy quickly..

Ring for prices..

Baildon Mill Tyres near Shipley used to be the best for Tourances. Tel:01274 532777. It's a while since I got mine but they only cost £125 a pair when everyone else was charging £150+.

It's a great ride over there from Preston via Haworth.

Be careful Steve ,check your wheelrims carefully for any damage before AND after.
Sharples Bolton were about £169 a pair (inc balancing was £9 I think);)

Tony Soake tyres at Culcheth nr Warrington.Wonderful service not too far from Blackburn and his assistant is a fellow GSer I believe. Sorry I don't have a phone number.Ring him he will order whatever you want Hes on Taylor Industrial Estate

Thanks for the replies.
Got them fitted on Friday pm.

For your information, it may be of future use, phone enquires went as follows,
front & rear Tourance for R1150: -

Buckly tyres £189 fitted
TST £185 fitted to loose wheels
Williams BMW £162 + £70 fitting
National Tyres £182 fitted to loose rims
BFM £165 fitted.

Guess where I went?
Thanks Paul, very impressive.
They only do bikes; the fitter I spoke to rides an Adventure.
For what it’s worth I would recommend them.
BFM are in Saltaire (the old Alan Jefferies premises next to the Fire station) 01244 544575.

Salts mill is at the end of the road, so while they fit them you can have a feed and look at the largest collection of paintings by David Hockney in the world.
The trip over through Howarth is worth the trip in itself.
There’s also a burger van parked behind the shop.
From what they were saying, avoid Saturdays – the can change up to 60 sets. 1st come 1st served.

Steve

Cool.. glad you got em sortted

Cheers for that.... Buckley tyres are my nearest ( 0.5 miles from home) so will probably stick with them.. but glad you got it sortted out.. and thanks for posting the prices.
The guys at buckley will take about £20 of , if the wheels are loose..

Sorry Steve - didn't see your initial post but BFM is certainly a source for value and service around this area when it comes to Tourances.

Next trick is for you to turn up at the Hopper, Blubberhouses meeting first Weds in June - watch the board or send me a PM.

Jim

:beerjug:

Glad to help, Steve & I'll second Jim's invite to the Hopper. Great food, good company & a superb ride out along the A59. My record from the far side of Preston is 40mins. I won't be there, myself, in June as I'm away to the TT.

Just for info ......

Anakee's £200.00 / pair or

Tourances£185.00 / pair.

Fitted to lose wheels at C.G Chells in Stafford.

Ordered the Tourances Yesterday should be in tomorrow

Like a fool I paid £140 at Blue Bell Crewe for my first rear 14months ago! Never again

Paul Young said:
My record from the far side of Preston is 40mins.

40min? You should be riding in the TT at that rate.
Was that you I spoke to in Keswick, just before Easter Paul?

I'm assuming 7:30 - 8:00 at the Hopper next Wednesday.

Steve

Steve Chip said:

Was that you I spoke to in Keswick, just before Easter Paul?

Naahh, wasn't me.....

I'm assuming 7:30 - 8:00 at the Hopper next Wednesday.

Jim'll post nearer the time, but I always set off between 6 & 6.15 to arrive for 7'ish.

F & B motorcycle tyres (in Wheelock, near Sandbach, 01270 760795).
£146 the pair, fitted - to wheels on bike. Brilliant service, Steve took the utmost care and new what he was doing. Even provided refreshments. Top class :thumb

Tourances...

My First Post!!

I would reccomend F+B, a really good service, best prices and always carry Tourances as standard stock items.

Contact number mentioned again just in case.... 01270760795,

I don't think Blue Bell will be doing a great trade in tyres anymore.......

Welcome..

Welcome ROLLINSDAN.. there is no going back now..

Cheshire eh. Drop us a line if you passing sometime..

Personaly I use buckley tyres, but then they are literally just down the road for me..

Back
Top Bottom