08 1200GS Red LED in the Indicators

Roadsweeper

Reaction score
My first technical post after lurking and observing for some time. i have read the thread on fitting red LED's into the indicators on the 1150.

Has anyone done this on the 1200. If so i would be gratefull for assistance on the following

1. wiill the canbus allow it (two low amp LEd in each indicator)
2. Having had a little explore just how many screws do you have to remove to get at the wiring for the rear indicators and the rear light assembly. (four from underneath and two from the indicators and still feels solid and not allowing access)
3. i was planning on basing the installation on the thread by UGG on 1150 installation.

Thank you in advance for help provided.

Road Sweeper

Have a look on Nippy Norman's site, I've got some LED indicators with a strip of red through the middle that come on with the brake light. Dead easy to fit, and helps the numpty car drivers notice you braking :clap

uggs was copied off mine, just link some in and see what the canbus will do, if it dont like it , the light will come on..
if it works, itl be a lot cheaper than nippy normans, mine worked out around 3 quid, they,v been it over a couple of years now,
everyone says they are v effective, infact , i think i started a craze for them around here(which then probably makes them less effective:mad:)

uggs was copied off mine, just link some in and see what the canbus will do, if it dont like it , the light will come on..
if it works, itl be a lot cheaper than nippy normans, mine worked out around 3 quid, they,v been it over a couple of years now,
everyone says they are v effective, infact , i think i started a craze for them around here(which then probably makes them less effective:mad:)

D6

the instructions for your adaption is the one i would like to do on the 1200. Red LED'S bought . However access to the lights proving problematic. there is something i am missing in attempting to remove the plastic shroud under the rear lights.

RS

dunno on the 12 mate, on the 1150 you just remove the lense cover and pull the reflector out to gain access:nenau

Back
Top Bottom