Williams BMW Manchester....wot service

Buzz is the best way to describe it - was full of enthusiastic employees, current curious owners taking a look at the new machines, and potential owners... couldn't help but notice and glad I popped in today.

Now how do I make my 07 GSA sound like that new one? ;)

Thanks for that, it was a very good day, as for the exhaust tone it really is sweet isn't it :p on the ride home i was constantly blipping it just for the fun of it :D

WTF - is english not your first language? - if you were waiting one and a half hours it may have been because the staff were busy (it happens). Just because you thought you were important and had some money to spend then it may be a good idea to actually talk to them, telepathy is still undeveloped in most humans, sometimes we have to be patient, I am not particularly patient - especially when it comes to bad customer service. I experienced it once at Williams, I spoke to someone, the problem was dealt with satisfactorily. It is really pointless coming on here and bemoaning a dealership because staff were not at your every beck and call - if you have a problem speak to them directly at the time, but to "wait" 90 minutes and then go away and then come here gloating that you spent it elsewhere is pretty cheap sniping:stopbeing

So there you are Finn - you have been told!!:ronno

At least you had free coffee...

WTF - is english not your first language? - if you were waiting one and a half hours it may have been because the staff were busy (it happens). Just because you thought you were important and had some money to spend then it may be a good idea to actually talk to them, telepathy is still undeveloped in most humans, sometimes we have to be patient, I am not particularly patient - especially when it comes to bad customer service. I experienced it once at Williams, I spoke to someone, the problem was dealt with satisfactorily. It is really pointless coming on here and bemoaning a dealership because staff were not at your every beck and call - if you have a problem speak to them directly at the time, but to "wait" 90 minutes and then go away and then come here gloating that you spent it elsewhere is pretty cheap sniping:stopbeing

What a load of shit!!

Me customer (definition, person who supports the business, its raison d'etre)
They supplier (company or person who offers goods or services for sale)
Me given service (happy bunny, happy bunny)
Me buy product (batter wife into submission, draw money out bank by stealth)
They paid wages (pays mortgage, beer tokens etc)

You obviously never spent time in the Williams of Old. I had the same treatment. When I asked if there was any chance of being dealt with I was told we're busy. I am not interested in the staffing problems, not my problem I want to discuss buying a bike. You know giving them profit. Staff are there to be at our beck and call, what don't you understand about that? Sure few minutes wait is exceptable. I was coffeed out and spent over an hour waiting.

People like you make excuses for poor service so we end up with yet more poor service.It's not the customer's job to go begging for service. The arrogance of Williams of old was legendary. I bought my first and last BMW from them in 2000, visited since, have several friends who have bought since (mixed views). The reputation in the North West has not been exceptable. Why else the changes? Heres an idea for you it's because people put their views and experiences on this and other sites, pass them by word of mouth and the powers that be eventually smell the coffee. It's also hard times matey

I wish the new boys and girls all the best. A good dealership is needed in the area. I hope they (the company) have lost the arrogance and learnt the lesson. There are many good motorcycle products in the marketplace now! Good luck.

Customer service

Is to me everything if I don't provide I in my business I dont have a business.
gRound trousers is very outspoken of course I in the time I spent waiting asked 6 times how much longer and the same reply of a few minutes was mooted. This is a forum to voice both good and bad, my experience was bad so won't use again simple gt your experience was good fair enough but between Williams and Vines they can keep their bikes as I won't be shopping there again.
also if you read what I said I hope it is better than last time if a dealer has vastly improved their customer service great now it's down to us customers to have that experience and maybe next time I'm passing I may just try it.:thumb

as for GT reply too much snakebite on a Saturday night I think:redbone:redbone:redbone:redbone:redbone

Launch day, huge success, the carpark was rammed at one point which called for some pics to be taken, definately a sign of things to come.......onwards and upwards as they say.

ps.....the pies are awesome............loads more throughout the day tomorrow too

Kirk, nice to meet you yesterday, it's been said on here b4 but it's great to see such an enthusiastic bunch of guys that know the product, but more importantly that are willing to talk to would be punters and wanna be's. Looked to have been a good turnout even though we got there late in the day. Keep up the good work, will pay dividends in the end.:thumb2:clap:clap

Jim:beerjug:

Kirk, nice to meet you yesterday, it's been said on here b4 but it's great to see such an enthusiastic bunch of guys that know the product, but more importantly that are willing to talk to would be punters and wanna be's. Looked to have been a good turnout even though we got there late in the day. Keep up the good work, will pay dividends in the end.:thumb2:clap:clap

Jim:beerjug:

indeed mate it was good to meet you yesterday.
it's a shame that some still feel let down by Williams of old, but that was my whole point of this post in the beginning....."williams of old"
if the last time you visited was over a year ago, then if passing do pop in and see whats different, im sure you will be pleasantly suprised.
however, my point was to let those people know that the "williams of old" in my opinion is a thing of the past. sure as with all places there may be the odd "crease" that needs ironing out but my point is simple, before judging, visit and see for yourself. im confident you will be suprised.

indeed mate it was good to meet you yesterday.
it's a shame that some still feel let down by Williams of old, but that was my whole point of this post in the beginning....."williams of old"
if the last time you visited was over a year ago, then if passing do pop in and see whats different, im sure you will be pleasantly suprised.
however, my point was to let those people know that the "williams of old" in my opinion is a thing of the past. sure as with all places there may be the odd "crease" that needs ironing out but my point is simple, before judging, visit and see for yourself. im confident you will be suprised.

Glad to hear every effort is being made:thumb

What a load of shit!!

Me customer (definition, person who supports the business, its raison d'etre)
They supplier (company or person who offers goods or services for sale)
Me given service (happy bunny, happy bunny)
Me buy product (batter wife into submission, draw money out bank by stealth)
They paid wages (pays mortgage, beer tokens etc)

You obviously never spent time in the Williams of Old.
I have been using Williams for about seven years - long enough?
I had the same treatment. When I asked if there was any chance of being dealt with I was told we're busy. I am not interested in the staffing problems, not my problem
So you are a considerate soul then? You must hear the milk of human kindness sloshing around inside you with every step you take.
I want to discuss buying a bike. You know giving them profit. Staff are there to be at our beck and call, what don't you understand about that?
Actually quite a bit - I was in the retail motor industry for 24 years and was reliant on giving good customer service as it paid my wages - I never went hungry and had an excellent reputation but to think ANYONE has the right to think they are sooooo important is BS - its nice to be important but its even more important to be nice
Sure few minutes wait is exceptable. I was coffeed out and spent over an hour waiting.

People like you make excuses for poor service
As I mentioned in my earlier reply I make absolutely no excuse for poor customer service - I just prefer to speak directly to someone who can do something about it rather than behaving like a spoilt brat on a forum without the true opinion of both parties being able to put both sets of points across. The only people who are able to truly comment are Finn and the member(s) of staff who were present when the incident actually took place
so we end up with yet more poor service.It's not the customer's job to go begging for service.
agreed
The arrogance of Williams of old was legendary.
In what context?
I bought my first and last BMW from them in 2000, visited since, have several friends who have bought since (mixed views).
So not ALL bad then?
The reputation in the North West has not been exceptable.
Is that acceptable?
Why else the changes?
Maybe like most progressive dealerships in tough times they realise that things should not stay still and are seeking to constantly improve?
Heres an idea for you
Amaze me!
it's because people put their views and experiences on this and other sites, pass them by word of mouth and the powers that be eventually smell the coffee.
or pop in, wait one and a half hours to speak to someone and drink six cups of the stuff!
It's also hard times matey
and some us are busier than ever

I wish the new boys and girls all the best. A good dealership is needed in the area. I hope they (the company) have lost the arrogance and learnt the lesson. There are many good motorcycle products in the marketplace now! Good luck.

See -we can all agree on at least something!

it was great to see Stevie getting his balls busted today by a young lady and Levi :D

They asked him did he want some ice :confused: He didn't get it. I didn't get the joke either. They then said to cool off :confused: more confusion. Then they pointed to UKGser on the computer screen :augie uh oh... There in black and white was Stevie's proclamation that said lady gave him a hard on or words to that effect :D

what a priceless moment. :thumb. Thanks ladies :beerjug:

it was great to see Stevie getting his balls busted today by a young lady and Levi :D

They asked him did he want some ice :confused: He didn't get it. I didn't get the joke either. They then said to cool off :confused: more confusion. Then they pointed to UKGser on the computer screen :augie uh oh... There in black and white was Stevie's proclamation that said lady gave him a hard on or words to that effect :D

what a priceless moment. :thumb. Thanks ladies :beerjug:
#

You don't know how long Claud has been waiting to get him back for that :D
sorry i didn't get a chance to chat with you mate, would have been nice to catch up properly. hopefullly we will on a ride out soon eh :thumb2

Glad it sounds better than in times past.

Williams circa 2005-06 almost put me off BMW for good.

Servicing and repair?

Any more feedback from recent services/repairs. I travel up to Preston (from Stockport) for mine but am tempted to try Williams having taken my custom away some years ago. Bikes backfiring for some reason but could do with somewhere local to take a look. Opinions??:wave

Went there last week and traded my VFR800 for a 1200RT - one of their ex-demo bikes. Good deal - bike delivered free to Denbigh. Good dealer everything sorted with no problem - bike was even filled with petrol for me. Toss up now whether I take it to Chester or back to Manchester for its servicing etc......

BTW the new motor is very smooth with the gear change improved beyond recognition....

Kept the GS for now as I love it too much to sell at the moment - time will tell.

PS

The cunning plan was to trim the fleet from 3 to one bike, but somehow I've still got three :-(

Now this changes things a little.
Living in Wigan and working in Rossendale, I am looking at ditching the company cage and going full time on a GS. I would not have hesitated if it were not down to the poor press that Williams have got in the past, but now that things are changing, I will go and see them.
I particularly like the collect/drop off comment from Kirk regarding bikes for services. I will be racking up over 20K a year and so to have my pride and joy serviced whilst I do a days work, rather than me spending an extra couple of hours in a working day doing the running around makes it all that bit more attractive.
See you soon.
D

Good as they might well be they have just quoted me £265 for my 6k/12m service that seems a little ott

i just got a letter for Williams for my up coming annual service on my 1150 GS, sold the bike six years ago :blast i wonder if I can have the same price as it would have been six years ago on my now GSA annual service :D

i just got a letter for Williams for my up coming annual service on my 1150 GS, sold the bike six years ago :blast i wonder if I can have the same price as it would have been six years ago on my now GSA annual service :D

Mate PM me your full name and postcode and i will get your details updated :thumb2, it is another part of BMW that do the letters but i can sort it for you.
cheers :thumb2

Mate PM me your full name and postcode and i will get your details updated :thumb2, it is another part of BMW that do the letters but i can sort it for you.
cheers :thumb2

On it's way :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom