Williams BMW Manchester....wot service

Popped in there today....dunno if it was me, but they all seemed so bloody miserable...not the usual happy smiley faces.......:nenau

Popped in there today....dunno if it was me, but they all seemed so bloody miserable...not the usual happy smiley faces.......:nenau

Well i was singing their praises last year the time i took my GSA for 600mile service, and after buying the bike from there in the first instance it seemed a good idea at the time and i get to have a good ride over the Prnnines.

But I went there last Saturday for a service and i agree it took some doing to get a happy face. There was one chap who introduced himself called Steve who had a bit of fun, but "hey they are there to sell not be happy people talking to CUSTOMERS!!!! The wait was a long time to for a oil change and a wipe round with a oily rag, arrived 10.10am lef 1.00pm! Midst you I have to say its no different at my loacal dealers in Rotherham you have to groval to get someone to talk to you unless its the owner. Must be Something about BMW......... Or more likey Me and Thee pal! ha ha

Anyway have fun Be safe

Big D:)

Had Claudine chasing parts for me the past couple of days and she's been brilliant as usual... all by phone and email though

Will see if anyone's chirpy on Friday when I go to pick them up :bounce1

I bought my 2010 RT from them in Feb and I have to say the Sales experience facilitated by Kirk was 100%. Unfortunately the piss poor service I got from BMW Customer Service and BMW Tech Support over a still unresolved issue has spoilt all of Kirk’s great work.

That was compounded last week when I took the RT in for its service having booked to take the R1200GS as a demo bike because I had some errands to run. I got there to be told the GS was not available and instead and without a hint of apology, I was given a 600cc machine that was without exception the worst motorcycle I have had the misfortune to ride in 38 years of motorcyling. It screwed up my plans for the day, I was charged £10 for the experience and I got nothing short of “Attitude” from the girl behind the service desk.

I was contacted at 15.37 today by Lee who left a voicemail (I was on another call) stating he was returning a call I made to him 24 hrs earlier but again the “attitude” behind the desk had not passed on my message. I rang him back within 60 seconds to be given the stock answer by the attitude on the desk that he was OUT ????

Williams will never see a another penny of my money, I will be taking my business back to Southport.

I bought my 2010 RT from them in Feb and I have to say the Sales experience facilitated by Kirk was 100%. Unfortunately the piss poor service I got from BMW Customer Service and BMW Tech Support over a still unresolved issue has spoilt all of Kirk’s great work.

That was compounded last week when I took the RT in for its service having booked to take the R1200GS as a demo bike because I had some errands to run. I got there to be told the GS was not available and instead and without a hint of apology, I was given a 600cc machine that was without exception the worst motorcycle I have had the misfortune to ride in 38 years of motorcyling. It screwed up my plans for the day, I was charged £10 for the experience and I got nothing short of “Attitude” from the girl behind the service desk.

I was contacted at 15.37 today by Lee who left a voicemail (I was on another call) stating he was returning a call I made to him 24 hrs earlier but again the “attitude” behind the desk had not passed on my message. I rang him back within 60 seconds to be given the stock answer by the attitude on the desk that he was OUT ????

Williams will never see a another penny of my money, I will be taking my business back to Southport.

Mark, firstly im speechless after reading this thread
I am geniunely horrified that after all the work we did between us you have been left feeling like this.
i have just questioned Lee about the situation and he informs me he has already ordered a lead this morning for you.
in relation to your telephone call, can you please pm me the details of whom you spoke to so we can address the situation.
again i can only offer my apologies to you that you were left feeling like this. i will be forwarding this onto my manager for reference also.

kind regards

Mark, firstly im speechless after reading this thread
I am geniunely horrified that after all the work we did between us you have been left feeling like this.
i have just questioned Lee about the situation and he informs me he has already ordered a lead this morning for you.
in relation to your telephone call, can you please pm me the details of whom you spoke to so we can address the situation.
again i can only offer my apologies to you that you were left feeling like this. i will be forwarding this onto my manager for reference also.

kind regards

Quite so Kirk!! Mark, don't give up on Williams, I had nothing but great service from them so far. I was only pointing out that some of the folk there seemed a bit miserable yesterday....Possibly that time of month :p

go to Southport - you are always welcome !! and get good loaners to ride !

last two have been f800 GS and 10 R1200RT

and the work is top notch !!

:thumb

go to Southport - you are always welcome !! and get good loaners to ride !

last two have been f800 GS and 10 R1200RT

and the work is top notch !!

:thumb

in fairness i will point out that you should and will also be made feel welcome and when available we have a full fleet of new demo's, just ring me prior and i will put your name down on a bike :thumb

in fairness i will point out that you should and will also be made feel welcome and when available we have a full fleet of new demo's, just ring me prior and i will put your name down on a bike :thumb

To put a balance on the Southport -v- Williams argument I can speak from experience of both. As stated I found the Sales team at Williams in general and kirk in particular more than helpful and better than Southport, not that Southport were bad just that Kirk was very good.

However, The same can not be said for the service / parts reception teams. On that front I always got a good service and a friendly response from Southport but Williams were unhelpful and bordering on rude. I did in fact ring 2 weeks in advance and book the demo on the R1200GS and I accept that shit happens. But Southport would have rung in advance explained that it was no longer available for whatever reason, APOLOGISED and tried to find a resolution. Williams let me ride there on the day offered no explanation, no apology and didn’t even care that my day was screwed up by supplying a poxy 600cc demo bike with no luggage facilities.

As I hope Kirk will testify, I ask for nothing more than a reasonable service, i accept shit happens and IF an apology is tendered and action taken to resolve the problem I am patient up to a point. However, when promises of resolution and customer recovery are made higher up in BMW and not followed by action it reflects badly on BMW in general and individuals specifically.

That said I remain satisfied with Kirk’s services, I am remain satisfied with Lee’s efforts but as for the reception/parts staff and the BMW response nationally and internationally I remain very very dissatisfied.

Williams are not accountable for the failings of BMW Tech Support or BMW Customer services but they are accountable for their Parts and Service receptionists. So on balance an ok sales team at Southport and a good service/parts team at Southport trumps a good Sales team at Williams and a crap service/parts reception team at Williams.

Simples.

I don't know what the current situation is, but the last time I had a service done at Williams I was told a loan bike had to be booked with 3 weeks notice. Unfortunately I'd booked the service with two weeks notice, so I was out of luck.

Mind you, they then charged me £405 for an 18k service and 'inspection' on a 650GS, so the point was moot. I never went back :D

I do hope it's better now; I might have been naive at the cost of owning a BMW, but that almost put me off the brand for life.

I've met Kirk from his time at Hein Gericke Manchester, and he was always the friendliest and most helpful saleperson of the bunch.

Back
Top Bottom