The second West Cork Run....

richie

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Allihies again.. but off to Asia soon....
Well lads it's about time I thought about posting up for the re-run of last years West Cork run. This year it'll be on Saturday the 22nd of May and of course all are welcome. I intend to take us all to the southern tip of Ireland at Mizzen Head and of course finish at Allihies so you can all enjoy some grub and porter at the local establishments.
I propose that this year we start at beal na baele at 10:30 am there is a petrol station there not far from the Michael Collins site, so we can all get a full tank of petrol and a cup of coffee. From there take a spin down to Crookhaven where we will take lunch. Then a blast to Mizzen head followed by a nice route back to Allihies.

Like last year accommodation can be organised with a choice between private rooms in the hostel, bed and breakfast or if you are feeling hard, camping.
So I will eventually (but not now) need to know who is coming, who wants BandB and who wants the evening meal at O'Neils pub.

On the Sunday morning about 10:30Am (Hangovers) I will lead anyone who wants to follow a ride up towards Macroom where you can all fek off back to where you came from.

I reckon on a few extra kilometers this year, about 250.... If the weather is bad of course I will shorten the route if that's the general feeling.... And I will try to make sure that the Crookhaven lunch stop will actually be serving,,,, unlike the lunch stop last year.

I am currently in India, (only just after Visa problems) and have no mapsource to post up a route but needless to say will post one well before the date...

Bring it on....:aidan:beer:

Who wants to be sweeper???? Jockser did it last year so he is off the hook:thumb

Perhaps

I would love to make this one again Richie.You had some class roads picked out and i the apres tour was mighty too. Had some great craic in the pub with the local bikers on the saturday night/sunday morning:augie I will try and get my nose sorted:aidan
BF

Border crossing

I might cross the county bounds for this.:thumb2

cant make this one :tears as i am away touring italy,germany,austria. loved last years run as the roads where very interesting.
cheers :thumb2

Don't know if I can make this years run yet Richie, but hopefully

A small clip of Richie's Beara run 2009 last year to remind you all of the scenic roads.

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid610.photobucket.com/albums/tt187/Jaws100_photos/Video/BearaSundayMay2009.flv">

Back
Top Bottom