Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Thunder's Road - Calum's Road 2010

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    I waited to the very end to say anything, but now I can say what a great write up and well done to you all.

Bob

An epic adventure............... and write up.
    A classic that will be read and reread many times. Thank you

Arch

Just finished reading report, mixed emotions for me as I should have been there, but complete admiration for all who went knowing what they knew and conditions at the time, it was difficult enough getting from my house !

Great ride report Roger, look forward to others too !

Great effort in raising such a amount of money, it will truly change peoples lives !

Well Done !

What a great report, a great ride and all for a great cause. Big kudos to you all!

I know all the money raised went to charity and that you all funded your own part of the trip, but might I ask a highly personal question??

How much did the trip individually cost?

In 2012 I'm planning to ride from Nottingham into North Africa (Morocco, Western Sahara, Mauritania, Algeria, Tunisia, etc) and then back again, but I have NO IDEA how to budget for such an adventure???

How much does fuel cost? How much for a hotel? ferries? Visas, etc???

Cheers, MB

Strawberry fields ... forever Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Hmmm ...

... I think you need to do a little more research on here before setting off; basically once you're in Morocco & Mauritania you can't cross any borders to the East. To get into Algeria you'd have to return to Europe and cross from there, it's mainly a political thing

All the info you'll need is in the Morocco Database but crudely, things are cheaper than in Europe, but you can't get everything you might desire.
    Paul

WOW!

Thats about all I can say, what a journey!

Ive spent the last 4 odd hours reading this and totally ignored the wife, mind you thats normal!

After reading this epic adventure I lay in bed last night and one thing entered my mind.......did Sid get home, and if so how long did that take him?

Maybe Sid could update us on his adventure home!

Quote Originally Posted by Chrizm View Post
    After reading this epic adventure I lay in bed last night and one thing entered my mind.......did Sid get home, and if so how long did that take him?

Maybe Sid could update us on his adventure home!
    Look here..http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?t=215043

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678