Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So Gang Whilst not Physically there with you!

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

So Gang Whilst not Physically there with you!

A lot of us were is spirit (and on yer trackers) I think there may have been a couple of bits of my skin still on the Storm but that's besides the point

So I was thinking I am going to start 2 threads This one:- Where I would like you guys to dig thru your photos and choose 5 pics each and upload them as your favourite ones and a small description as to why??

.................................................. .......................................
    Oh Great and Wise Deity, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,

Courage to change the things I can! And the wisdom to know the difference!

Deleted account W
    I'm happy to wait and see what they want to share with us without being prodded.

Yeah No worries Whatton but This isn't a ride report

It's a simple Pick 5 photos try and make them your favourite ones,

Maybe they made you laugh?

Maybe they made your mouth water with the flavours of food?

Maybe you just like the scenery!

Quick description of Why thats all!

That way it's not a full ground out Ride report it's a 10 minute job with a few photos and a few comments and hopefully bringing a warm glow, nice memories and a smile or 2 from the posters?
    Oh Great and Wise Deity, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,

Deleted account W
    Organise them how ever you want, I just think that I'd rather hear a single tale from each guy as and if they want to tell it.

Most of us ran out of card memory during the trip, so thunder downloaded our pics onto his netbook, which will be put onto c/d's when he has time, we will then each have access to 1000's of photos.

I am very pleased with some left handed pics I took whilst riding in the Sahara of the group riding with the shifting sands blowing over the road, which I will post when I get the CD from Roger.

Cheers Paintman

Peronally J I'd find it next to impossible to pick 5 pictures and it would take a lot more than 10 minutes to do so and write a few words believe me. Same would apply to the idea of a 500 word summary.

I appreciate people are interested in the trip but personally feel it's better to let those who wish to post a report do so on their own time and in their own way.

Deadhead Member Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    I like the idea Jay

I've done stuff like that before and it's an interesting excersise sat there with 100's of piccies and trying to whittle them down to half a dozen.....

I also intend doing a full write up.................you'll have to be patient on both scores though as, whilst I have a load of digi snap-shots all my proper piccies were on good ol' fashioned film. It's at the processors as we speak being printed and scanned but will be a good week or so yet.

Andres

Edit: Actually, sod it, I'll pick out 5 shots from my camera/point n shoot this afternoon, inbetween washing off 6,000 miles worth of continental shite from the GS
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Martel View Post
    One of the five imbeciles of the vainglorious big swinging dick types of the Harley section

Nae problems jay,
    Currently doing a summary of the trip for my sponcers.
    old enough to know better, young enough not to care!

Quote Originally Posted by Outtomunch View Post
    I like the idea Jay
    Quote Originally Posted by bhud View Post
    Nae problems jay
    Thanks for a vote of confidence at last Guys Look forward to your thoughts and views rather than "Full Blown" ride reports!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaythro View Post
    Thanks for a vote of confidence at last Guys Look forward to your thouhts and views rather than ride reports!
    Can I suggest these threads be moved over to the Calum's Road section of the site rather than left in the ride reports section then?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaythro View Post

A lot of us were is spirit (and on yer trackers) I think there may have been a couple of bits of my skin still on the Storm but that's besides the point

So I was thinking I am going to start 2 threads This one:- Where I would like you guys to dig thru your photos and choose 5 pics each and upload them as your favourite ones and a small description as to why??

.................................................. .......................................
    Damn near impossible task, but I'll try to put a few up:

first one, my riding buddies for most of the way. A top bunch of guys
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by (RIP) Nakambale; 13-02-10 at 14:40. Reason: freudian slip
    Gert

Second one. We pulled over somewhere in Western Sahara to admire the view. A fisherman pops up out of the middle of nowhere just to come and have a chat with us.
    Gert

third one. We'd finally arived in Kudang and found a raft of people waiting to welcome us. The smile on Bhud's face says enough about the sense of achievement we felt. (little did we know we had another section to do in the dark and in the sand, but that's for the ride report):
    Gert

fourth one. All the people waiting when we finally arrived at the compound. Cold beer never tasted so good:
    Gert

fifth one. Calum's Road, the whole reason we rode down. Looks bad even in the dry season:
    Gert

and a sixth one, because I like riding in Africa and it's great to see a couple of naked adventures doing what they were made to do, ride out into the big wide world:
    Gert

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast