So Gang Whilst not Physically there with you!

Not sure how to attach your 2nd photo onto this Post Gert,however it's a Crack'n Photo Thank's for sharing it.

To the other's who have taken the time to Post there Photo's Also Thank
You

:beerjug:

Norrie

Good pics and good memories, guys! I think some of the pics might have been taken before 3pm – I don’t recall them – perhaps I hadn’t woken up yet or perhaps I was sober! :eek:

A nice bit of scenery after surviving the ‘big mist’. What temperature does it need to be for moving water to freeze?

Attachments

• DSCF6931sm.JPG
    DSCF6931sm.JPG
    89.5 KB · Views: 211
The vastness of the desert... Gert decided to go for a stroll along the beach followed by an arduous climb back up... was his quick return prompted by the skull he stumbled across at the bottom? Soft sand and deceiving distances........

Attachments

• DSCF7066sm.JPG
    DSCF7066sm.JPG
    94.2 KB · Views: 228
Captain Bhudseye lead us into an off road adventure – without hesitation we followed him into the sand. I remember thinking ‘feck! I hope this is not one of those mine fields they are banging on about!’.... as it transpired, no one would have been stupid enough to plant mines there nevermind take a fully laden mechanical two wheeled monster across it... with Bhud and me stuck Gert showed us up by gracefully pirouetting from his bike!

Attachments

• DSCF7093sm.JPG
    DSCF7093sm.JPG
    95.6 KB · Views: 210
The welcome we got was... well i am still speechless about it - Gambians get 10/10 for welcomes and hospitality!

Attachments

• DSCF7130sm.JPG
    DSCF7130sm.JPG
    91.8 KB · Views: 251
Had to add this one. The day we walked down Calum’s Road. Being sensible adventurers we set off in the hottest boots and trousers we could find, after all, it was only 38C that day...brrrrrrrrrr

Attachments

• DSCF7136sm.JPG
    DSCF7136sm.JPG
    84.6 KB · Views: 244
and another one typical of the journey. Kids smiling and waving everywhere.

That's definitely one of the things that sticks to my mind, genuinely friendly people all the way down.

Attachments

• DSC02248.jpg
    DSC02248.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 235
Here are some of mine...

The team shot simply because it was great to share some fantastic riding with you and do some good in the process. My bike in a place that I never thought I would take her and looking great if I do say so myself and finally just one picture to show what we rode through.

Attachments

• IMGP0681.JPG
    IMGP0681.JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 238
  • IMGP0576_Compress.jpg
    IMGP0576_Compress.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 233
  • IMGP0527.JPG
    IMGP0527.JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 234
The team shot simply because it was great to share some fantastic riding with you and do some good in the process. My bike in a place that I never thought I would take her and looking great if I do say so myself and finally just one picture to show what we rode through.

Great photos Glen, thanks for posting those.

Thanks to all the other 6 guys for such a wonderful adventure. I'm posting this from Hotel Christina where they still remember us from a few weeks back.

At times I wonder if I simply dreamt all this but then I remember it really happened.

Proud to be part of such a great adventure.:)

Spent the day looking at my piccies and trying to choose a selection of 5 for you to have a butchers at.
Andres and I left the luxury of the Rene Christina in Algerciras and climbed up to the village of Rhonda using one of the best roads in the world according to Clarkson.

IMG_2059.jpg

Make your own caption up!!!

IMG_2106.jpg

My peg touched the tarmac (first time ever!) chasing Sid on Tizi-n-test pass in the High Atlas mountains.

IMG_2170.jpg

Couldn't work out why the sky always appeared blue in my mirrors but grey in front so took a photo.

IMG_2178.jpg

A bit of lucky left handed photography whislt riding (might need a little zoom).

IMG_2217.jpg

Lastly buy 5 get 1 free. 4 tossers looking for kiss me quick hats at the seaside :D:D

IMG_2195.jpg

John

Cant stop myself posting a few more.

All that minefield stuff is just internet hype, isn't it?

IMG_2226.jpg

Our one night of roughing it (no beer) :tears Anyone want to buy a job lot of unused sleeping bags and tents.

IMG_2245.jpg

A very welcomed sight :thumb2

IMG_2377.jpg

Heather from the horse & donkey charity was really pleased to see us.

IMG_2402.jpg

They desperately need the new road. This is what its like in the dry season!!

IMG_2445.jpg

Would you ride 4500 miles with these petrol syphoning junkies????

IMG_2557.jpg

ABOSO FECKIN LUTELY

John

Brilliant John! Thank You for posting in fact thanks to all of you that have done so

By posting this small grouping of a few of your photos from each individual gives such a wide view of "some" of what happened and from different viewpoints Excellent

Enjoying this Greatly and Glad I started it now although I wasn't sure for the first few posts :(

Back
Top Bottom