Mike O : Phones and stuff

Rushy

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi Mike,

Sorry to read you've not been feeling to good. Sounds like you need to SLOW down a bit.

I dont know if its the same for you but when you are on the road ,even though you have effectively all the time in the world, you feel that you have to cram loads in to the day and not waste any time if you can help it. I often feel bad if I dont appear to have achieved much or got as far in a day as I should.

Most of the people reading this in the UK may not have much sympathy and think its all one long holiday , how lucky we are etc which is true but its slightly different when you are actually on the road, particularly when you are alone.

I feel like I wont get this chance again for a long time ( I WONT) and feel very privileged to be able to spend 12 weeks away so I shouldn't squander the time. Truth is you have to slow down once in a while, you often dont sleep to well either because you are always in a strange bed/place. Over one four day period I worked out that I got no more than nine hours sleep. Catching up friends and folks in the UK can make it difficult as I am often on the phone at Midnight to 2 am catching with them before they go to work.

Take it easy, spend get some quality relaxtion time , spend less time on the road and on the net??? Dont stop though, we have all enjoyed the stories and especially the pics.

Note: What is it about bridges? Others may scoff but as I ride thru them the patterns that the iron work make just demand that you take a picture. I've have quite a few now, I just haven't been able to post any..............i wont be either as everyone has seen enough by the sound of it!

Take care of yourself. I will be in the Washington State and British Columbia area from around 7th of June until 21st of June.

Give us a call if there is any chance of a meeting, would love to swap stories/thoughts in person. My US cell is 206 399 3576.

Finally - Phones.... recently a US based friend told me about www.bigzoo.com Very cheap calls to the UK. Iwas spend $55 dollar every 12 days or so until I got hold of these guys now $20 looks like it will last at least 14 to 20 days. You get approx 600 mins for $20.

All the best,

Ian

Rushy said:
Note: What is it about bridges? Others may scoff but as I ride thru them the patterns that the iron work make just demand that you take a picture.

Were you breast fed as a child, or do you have an extraordinarliy small willy? Either would explain your bridge fascination.

Seriously though, I agree. I have got so many photos of the Golden Gate Bridge despite having been to San Francisco about 40 times. Whenever I see a bridge I either want to cross it or photograph it. And seeing them from the air is incredible. One of the highlights of my measly 150 hours of pilot experience is renting a Piper Cherokee and flying it around San Francisco and over the Golden Gate Bridge (& Richmond, San Mateo, Dumbarton, Bay bridges as well) I had done it loads of times previously on Microsoft Flight Simulator but to do it for real is just beyond words.

Mike

Flight simulators

Bloody hell I had forgotten about that one!

A mate used to have a flight simulator and whenever you get on one you just have to fly your aircraft under a bridge , under telegraph wires or die several times trying to fly it back thru the hangar!

I guess we are , as our wives and girlfriends often tell us , just big kids..................

Ian

Back
Top Bottom