An issue with Nippy Normans

Hero To Zero by slagging off

Hi, If anybody is thinking of buying something from (not so) Nippy Normans them look elsewhere. I bought from them as the are a sponsor of this site so i thought they must be good.

The guy who answers the phone is the rudest guy I have ever dealt with. First he put the phone down on me because wait for it (I had the ordasity to ask for goods to be shipped abroad without VAT) even though we are a registered VAT company in Spain so we dont pay it. (By Law)

Second they went for a weeks stock take in that time they did not answer emails of phone calls chasing delivery.

Best until last, I finally get through and they said my shipment was sent by post and it will get there "eventually" as their is no way of knowing when it will get here . When I asked when it be to long so I knew there was a problem. Guess what he put the phone down again!!

Does somebody have the number for the owner because I am furiouis. Maybe this guy is the owner!!. I am now in my 14th day for delivery and no idea where my goods are.

I need to order more 1200 stuff. Can anybody recommend somebody?? Thanks

I just wanted to say that surely its better to speak to a manager of any company first with your complaints before posying on a forum if its a small vendor the owner will be the manager and bigger concerns will obviously employ one .

its so easy for a company to go from hero to zero by a minority of complaints sure enough we all have problembs errors and mistakes thats why we have bumpers on cars and erasers on pencils.

I always think that with any complaints generaly the bad reports are far out weighed by the good reports but unfortunately as its expected most dont bother to praise, so its refreshing here to see those that have a good service pipe up:thumb

you mentioned that your a limited company in spain how would you feel if the management of your company did not get to hear or rectify a complaint that was aired on a forum within your Industry.

why not talk to the management if you still dont like the answers or feel that they have done things in there power to help you, then post it! but at lease give them a chance, this is business:thumb

I like many have purchased from all different sources and can say I have had some issues but always talk it through give people an opertunity and can say they have gone on to provide me with outstanding service:thumb

im sure most (no all) that advertise here are generaly considered good or they would not be here, unless of course they own the forum:eek:

:aidan

have put a lot of money over Nippys counter for the Autoswitches i use on my spotlight kits

he has always been bloody excellent in all the dealings i have had with him, especially when he has been fecked about by his suppliers (a problem i know all about) he always keeps me informed regarding shortages or delivery problems

he gets my order every time:thumb

how much

Don't be a dickhead!

I had the ordasity to ask for goods to be shipped abroad without VAT) even though we are a registered VAT company in Spain so we dont pay it. (By Law)
You're making yourself look stupid

If you buy goods within the EU you have to pay the VAT whether you're registered for VAT or not. NN has no possibility to deduct the VAT from your order, he still has to pay it.

Perhaps if you put your brain before your mouth you'd get better outcomes.

No wonder he was short with you, I don't doubt you deserved it.

I've always had good service from NN and he's my supplier of choice. Hhe's gone out of his way to be helpful even giving me a discount on shipping when I've screwed up an order.

And that's not how you spell audacity:tosser

If you buy goods within the EU you have to pay the VAT whether you're registered for VAT or not. NN has no possibility to deduct the VAT from your order, he still has to pay it.

Perhaps if you put your brain before your mouth you'd get better outcomes.

No wonder he was short with you, I don't doubt you deserved it.

I've always had good service from NN and he's my supplier of choice. Hhe's gone out of his way to be helpful even giving me a discount on shipping when I've screwed up an order.

And that's not how you spell audacity:tosser

Sorry but you're wrong. Goods sold and shipped to another country within the EC are subject to VAT at 0% provided the recipient is VAT registered in their own country.

Dave

Sorry but you're wrong. Goods sold and shipped to another country within the EC are subject to VAT at 0% provided the recipient is VAT registered in their own country.

Dave
I stand corrected - this has been the case for services for years but didn't realise it was so for goods too now.
He's still an arse:augie

Not in my experience.

I have provided a non UK VAT number for a camera shop in Dorset on numerous occasions and had goods shipped to southern europe.

Edit i see someone else has correctly Stolzers

Melted lenses

In 2008 I ordered a set of clear lenses plus a set of 4 silver bulbs which glow orange form NN.A couple of months later on a trip into Europe one of the indicators stopped working and then another.I tried to change the silver coated bulbs at the side of the road in Holland and found that the bulbs had fused into and melted the lenses. After some further inspection I discovered that 3 out of four lenses had been destroyed.I managed to get two replacement lenses in Berlin and the third in Dresden.After I got home I explained the situation to NN and they sent me a cheque for the cost of the replacement parts.I have to say I was well impressed with the service.Sorry if it's not what you want to hear but,I am only giving you an example of my experience.I also have to say that I have found TT in Germany very good to deal with as well.

can only echo others when i too say i have not had a problem, infact very helpful on the phone :thumb2

Fantastic service from NN

I'm another very happy customer of NN. Have ordered lots over the years and never had any reason to complain.

I will continue to use them and recommend them to others. :thumb2

'nuff said. :rob

Re Nippy Normans

Hi,
I've ordered goods from Nippy Norman several times and delivery to Ireland has always been within a few days. Can't say a bad word about the goods or the service. There have been several posts on here over the years complimenting Nippy on his speedy delivery.

Regards,
Kieran. :clap

Spain is renowned for it's shite postal service and I have recent personal experience, a week ago today I posted a small boiler part to my mate in Alicante, I paid for the quickest airmail delivery possible in excess of 10 quid, my mate phoned today to say that it is still in Barcelona where it has been since last Wednesday.

As for Nippy I have always found him to be very helpful and his delivery times in the UK are almost legendary.

:stupid the pair of them :D ;)

Thanks everybody. It seems that NN must be a reputable business so what this Guy is doing working for them I dont know. Anyhow no idea where my goods are and they have not responded to one email from the start.
Thanks for your suggestions for alternatives.

Placed my first order with NN late last night... emailed an hour ago to say it's in the post........

I also have to say that I have found TT in Germany very good to deal with as well.

Just goes to prove that everyone has a different tale to tell.

I have used NN and TT on many occasions and have had nothing but excellent service. However, if you read some of the posts on here, TT seem to have caused many Tossers to become irate. :confused:

Just goes to prove that everyone has a different tale to tell.

I have used NN and TT on many occasions and have had nothing but excellent service. However, if you read some of the posts on here, TT seem to have caused many Tossers to become irate. :confused:

Me too. I'm guessing that companies with truely bad service go out of business. But to stay in business for a significant number of years you have to be doing the vast majority of things right.

Me too. I'm guessing that companies with truely bad service go out of business. But to stay in business for a significant number of years you have to be doing the vast majority of things right.
Unless you're lucky enough to be the sole importer of an in-demand brand like TT

I notice the title of the threads been changed from something like "don't use Nippy Normans" to "an issue with Nippy Normans", is that because he sponsors the site?

Tale of Woe- Balanced :) actually feck nippy's

Only bought two items from Nippys, a value of £140 ishh

Didn't go very well i'm afraid , took ages to deliver 10 days for bits that were in stock allegedly., after making a number of phone calls trying to progress, the guy who answered was pretty rude i thought, couldn't provide a tracking number because it was Royal Mail ?, and was basically saying , well your just have to wait and see if it turns up, if does not them send me an email.

Long shot of it , after waiting 10 days i visited the post office collection office in Bath to find it was being held there for insufficient postage paid of which i had to pay the £4.00 owed. This is on top of the postage already charged by Nippy Normans.

Got on to the phone again and was basically told in a not very nice manner, that cannot be right , we never make that mistake with our postage and was told to send in the receipt of the additional postage for which i have done along with the original jiffy bag and as of today still have not received my £4.00 postage cost refund.

As for Touratech, used them a fair bit and never had a prob, ordered on Tuesday delivered Thursday was my latest experience, so there u go you win some you loose some.
Also had good service from Rugged Roads and Adventure-spec too.

So my experience of Nippy Norman's was not positive , his attitude to a customer who had a genuine issue was shite and the promise of a refund for postage paid never arrived.

So feck nippy norman, i'll never use him again....

Back
Top Bottom