Bike powered Kenwood TK359 bike to bike setup.

Just searching for the aerial info on bikersoracle web site but the links not working and google cant find the forum. Anu idea if the web site is still up and running. am very interested in the antenna kit from the website thread. Ta

I sent the guy an email months ago but never had a reply:nenau

Just found the forum with note saying main server down and only backup server with limited info. so guess will try again tomorrow.

I have one of his kits that I am not using if you want one as I bought a Kenwood PMR and the range is fine and I can't be bothered to butcher it. PM me if your interested.

Anu idea if the web site is still up and running.

Bikers Oracle has been having some server issues, should be sorted later today apparently.

Sent from my mobile using Tapatalk, typos R us... :)

Well, I've had conflicting advice from various sources. Full in-line ground loop suppression devices/ferrite rings/nowt... Maybe I'm trusting the one with the outcome I want :D Having said that the guy who told me this is the guy who supplied the harness, I've met and ridden with him and he does know a bit about sparky stuff and comms. Although he has an Autocom/Kenwood PMR set-up with the radio powered though the Autocom. Time will tell I guess, I'll let you know next week once I've gotten around to fitting the parts onto the bike and testing them. As you say it may also be dependant on the bike and where you're hooked up to power-wise. Mines a VFR VTEC with power taken from the rear brake light + feed.

Bumpkin, Can you do me a favour and take a photo of the setup on your VFR. I have a bike powered autocom system fitted to my VFR Vtec. I can hear other riders in the group as clear as day, however when I transmit, all they can hear is the noise of my bike revving! Many thanks

Will try to do that over the next few days but have in-laws arriving, daughters birthday and a few other things going on so difficult to find much time for that sort of stuff ATM.

when I transmit, all they can hear is the noise of my bike revving! Many thanks

When you say noise I'm assuming here that you mean electrical noise as in interference. If so and given, from what you say, it changes with revs then It doesn't sound like a Ground Loop Interference issue but something to do with your wiring. How have you got the radio connected? If it bike powered? Do you have a PTT switch?

Back
Top Bottom