Vemar bluetooth equipped helmets?

Cheesy Mike

Vemar's full face & flip front helmets, with built in headset/microphone and bluetooth connectivity either to another helmet or to your mobile phone, are now available in the shops. I tried one on earlier at Bath Rd and it was a nice comfortable fit but obviously I couldn't try it out on the road.

Motorcycle Voyager gave the full face helmet a good write up but criticised the flip front which was noisy at speed.

So has anyone here actually bought one? I'm curious but don't know if I'm curious enough to shell out £350 on a non ACU gold helmet that might turn out to be a pile of crap.

Mike

mikebelch said:
Vemar's full face & flip front helmets, with built in headset/microphone and bluetooth connectivity either to another helmet or to your mobile phone, are now available in the shops. I tried one on earlier at Bath Rd and it was a nice comfortable fit but obviously I couldn't try it out on the road.

Motorcycle Voyager gave the full face helmet a good write up but criticised the flip front which was noisy at speed.

So has anyone here actually bought one? I'm curious but don't know if I'm curious enough to shell out £350 on a non ACU gold helmet that might turn out to be a pile of crap.

Mike

You can buy a proper autocom (or similar) type of kit for that price.
:confused:

Do you know how the bluetooth receiver/unit gets power? batteries or powerlead to a bike?

T.

Re: Re: Vemar bluetooth equipped helmets?

Novice said:
You can buy a proper autocom (or similar) type of kit for that price.
:confused:

Do you know how the bluetooth receiver/unit gets power? batteries or powerlead to a bike?

T.

Autocom - involves wires. Lots of them. Vemar is completely wire free - that's the attraction. The phone can be in my pocket or in my panniers, it doesn't matter.

Power is via rechargable batteries - there is a charge socket on the inside of the helmet and you have to plug it in at night. A single switch on the rear outside of the helmet allows you to power it on/off and to answer calls (unless you set your phone to auto-answer)

Mike

Back
Top Bottom