YOKO clothing

steve1074

Does anyone know a dealer in the South East who stocks this stuff? By all accounts its top notch and well worth a look.

Steve

Yoko clothing

I tried to find one too. It's distributed by Yamaha in the UK but no one stocks it because of the price. I saw a dealer called K2 motorcycles offering some but I'm not sure where they are. If you find one let me know.

Regards, Colin.

I've got a Yoko goretex jacket that I've worn in all weathers for four years. Bloody brilliant, never been wet once and it still looks almost new. I got it from a Yamaha dealer in Edinburgh and I haven't seen the stuff anywhere else. Scarce as hens teeth.

Bridge motorcycles over here in the SW stock it. They had it at half price earlier this year, so i went and had a look because of the rave reviews. I was rather disappointed. At half price they were just about worth the money IMHO. They lacked the technical features of other jackets and had those naff quilted liners that snag and wear out quickly. Placed side by side with a Belstaff Explorer i'd know which one i'd buy!!!:)

I bought a jacket last october - and it is excellent. And (as it doesnt have the gortex), very reasonably priced (and still waterproof). But it was a nightmare trying to get one.
At the time they were imported by Yamaha, and I rang Yamaha UK to get a list of stockists, and there werent many. And quite a few were stockists, but didnt actually carry stock...

Things have almost certainly changed since I bought mine as Yoko were in the process of changing importers (away from Yamaha), and so some dealers were running down stocks.

DISCLAIMER: The following info is based on my memory and my GPS log !!
It is therefore quite likely incorrect.

The place with the largest supply of clothing (but only the top end of the range and at full list) was:
Motorcycles & Moore
166 High street
London Colney
St Alban
Hertfordshire AL2 1QF
Line 1: 01727 824248
Line 2: 01727 824250
http://www.motorcyclesandmoore.com/

The place I bought from (stocking the cheaper stuff, and had a small clearance discount at the time) was:
Haslemere Motorcycles.
11-15 Weyhill, Haslemere, Surrey
Tel: 01428 651580
Fax: 01428 654736
http://www.motorcyclesandmoore.com/

I went to Alf England's http://www.alfenglandmotorcycles.co.uk/
for mine at the end of last year.

The story at the time was that Yamaha were going to stop importing the YOKO range and so you will find it really difficult to get hold of unless something has changed since then.

You could order direct from YOKO in Finland, but it's not the same as trying the stuff on.

I have to say that mine has kept me warm and dry all winter (I ride all year round) No water ever got through and I only needed to resort to the heated vest a couple of times over the winter.

My only criticism is that when the winter liner is out my jacket is too big for me! So I have a summer jacket too (but that's BWM)

Give Alf England's a ring and find out what's what - they were really helpful.

Hi
I have a pair of Yoko pants,kept me try in any kind of weather,but
the kneepads are FLAT not curved,after a long ride I always had sore knees.
Bought a new pair from Spidi they are very good and you can not feel the kneepads at all since they are curved around you knee.
Old Salt

Back
Top Bottom