BMW Corrosion problem refused under warranty

I am a medical supplier and I risk losing my licence to supply medicines if I cannot prove that I am handling 'complaints' properly. I subscribe to an OFT Approved Code of Practice and I can be fined or suspended if I am shown by the independent Trades Association to have not responded to a high enough level.

I never assume that my customers will come back - I work on the basis that they know they have a choice and I want to encourage them to make that choice in my favour. This does not mean I will allow myself to be taken advantage of but I would NEVER blame the customer for what is obviously, demonstrably and commonly a manufacturing problem.

For those products I am a distributor for I always err on the side of the customer and it is clear to me that BMW here in the West of Scotland do NOT do that. BMW cynically rely on the cost of legal action being more than the repairs to dissuade owners from suing.

I am a medical supplier and I risk losing my licence to supply medicines if I cannot prove that I am handling 'complaints' properly. I subscribe to an OFT Approved Code of Practice and I can be fined or suspended if I am shown by the independent Trades Association to have not responded to a high enough level.

I never assume that my customers will come back - I work on the basis that they know they have a choice and I want to encourage them to make that choice in my favour. This does not mean I will allow myself to be taken advantage of but I would NEVER blame the customer for what is obviously, demonstrably and commonly a manufacturing problem.

For those products I am a distributor for I always err on the side of the customer and it is clear to me that BMW here in the West of Scotland do NOT do that. BMW cynically rely on the cost of legal action being more than the repairs to dissuade owners from suing.

BMW are not doing anything different than Harley when it comes to corrosion. Probably BMW is better than Harley who now do not cover any issues to do with corrosion I found to my disatifaction. My then 1 year old bike, 5500 miles had a badley corroded rear metal mudguard which was flaking the powder coat. This powder coat would have flaked from underneath to the visible top part which you see. Harley said "well thats caused my stone chips" Well yes, it is a mudguard!!!!! Clearly not fit for purpose but they wouldn't have it any other way - "go fix it yourself" they told me in a round about way. Remember my Buell came with a 2 year warranty.

Back
Top Bottom