Calum's Road - A Ride Of Two Halves

Irrelevant what section it appears in surely, the event has it's own section of the site and has had for a long time to help with organisation and communication.

These are ride reports so have their own section in the ride reports section, if they were in the charity section would potentially be missed so simpler as they are IMPO.

yes but charity things should be in the charity section too?incase anyone feels the need to donate?

yes but charity things should be in the charity section too?incase anyone feels the need to donate?

Do you wanna buy a sticker - closing down sale; two for a fiver :)

Andres

PS Thanks for the thanks guys, it was good fun (sometimes!) writing it all up :)

Attachments

• Calums Road sml.jpg
    Calums Road sml.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 331
Great write up Andres.....it's hard to explain to people sometimes how great Morocco is to ride and explore, but you definitely felt it :)

Just to plug a couple of gaps for you....Peter's lovely wife is called Zineb, and she's a great cook :thumb2

The hotel you stayed at in Midelt with the snow is the Kasbah Asmaa....we've stayed there many many times, and although I've seen hail there, Ive not see so much snow actually at Midelt before :eek:

In March, it was shirt-sleeve warm, though it did drop to around freezing 50 miles up the road

843870029_ZrKtt-XL.jpg

Great write up Andres.....it's hard to explain to people sometimes how great Morocco is to ride and explore, but you definitely felt it :)

Just to plug a couple of gaps for you....Peter's lovely wife is called Zineb, and she's a great cook :thumb2

The hotel you stayed at in Midelt with the snow is the Kasbah Asmaa....we've stayed there many many times, and although I've seen hail there, Ive not see so much snow actually at Midelt before :eek:

/IMG]

Yeah, I now understand how Maroc can get under your skin-just makes you wanna go back again and again :)

The hotel looks a wee bit different when not covered in snow! It was a lovely place and I have very fond memories of the wonderful people that run it.

Andres

stunning report and pictures.
:clap :clap :bow :bow

:kissy2

foxwakker

hi, good stuff an all that but i think you should visit kent more often. the M20 is a friendly road, even in winter.tho agree a bit scarey for you softie midlanders. i happily navigated it before, during and after you passed through an it was a doddle. probably helped having a R1100R tho. Ok, i did fall off a bit once. can i borrow your griso now PLEASE?

LOL :D

Promise to come down this year for the Herberts Reunion at the Kent Clubhouse :thumb2

You cummin' up for the Notts party in October?

Andres

Brilliant write-up Andres....... your description of Morocco was excellent.

I was glad to get home from my own trip, but after reading this, I'm kinda getting the bug again! (The bug for travel that is..... not findraising :D)

Keep safe :thumb2

BS

-What can I say?
I'm not that good with words in English, so I just say WOW! :clap
(And I didn't read it all - as mention above; my English... )

You didn't know there would be many miles riding alone in the snow, but you handled that too.

-But what was the story about your leg 27/01?
A wooden leg?
If you did this tour with only one real leg, I say as we do in Norway; I take my hat off for you.
-No wonder you needed help from the moped man to get the bike up from the sand!

...what can I say..?
WOW! :clap You are my hero! A wery large hero! :clap:clap

And to the others in the group:
You all did something special! :clap
When I saw the weather forecast before you left England I was thinking this tour should wait for some weeks. -To cold and too much snow for an average British rider - but you are NOT average; all of you are special riders!

A toast for you! Cheers! :beerjug:

:) Liv.

You didn't know there would be many miles riding alone in the snow, but you handled that too.

-But what was the story about your leg 27/01?
A wooden leg?

I don't think any of us had ridden in snow before but reckon, after this trip, we could come over and teach you guys a thing or two about winter ridding ;) :D

I guess I have no excuses to come over and visit now do I (mid winter, of course :D).

Re the leg, yeah, one is flesh and bone (with bolts and plates here and there) and the other is metal and fibreglass :) (I thought you knew?). I was one of the original LC250 [1] boys and managed to loose my leg racing another bike - many many moons ago now...hasn't stopped me ridding bikes (or falling off them :augie).

Andres :beerjug:

[1] Yamaha LC250; the last of the fast 'learner' bikes - too many people hurt themselves on them and soon after they came out learners were limited to 125cc bikes.

Andres,i've just sat spellbound by this RR. I reckon that you and the Guys went through every Emotion,and then some,during the Trip. You have painted a Picture so powerfully, that i'm sure others are planning to do a similar trek. Sadly,i'm not one of them. My Comfort Zone barely gets into the adjacent Post Code. I know that i'm the one missing out,but i doubt i'll change.

Well Done !! :clap

just read this again :clap :clap :bow :bow
why it hasn't got 5***** is beyond me ...........:thumb

Andres,i've just sat spellbound by this RR. I reckon that you and the Guys went through every Emotion,and then some,during the Trip. You have painted a Picture so powerfully, that i'm sure others are planning to do a similar trek. Sadly,i'm not one of them. My Comfort Zone barely gets into the adjacent Post Code. I know that i'm the one missing out,but i doubt i'll change.

Well Done !! :clap

Never say never :thumb2

just read this again :clap :clap :bow :bow
why it hasn't got 5***** is beyond me ...........:thumb

Thank you :blush

Andres

I just stumbled across this section again and read this

Really well presented Andres I enjoyed reading it very much and have an urge to go and see ................ Something Different

I think this time last year A certain Fellow Nord Irlander was burnin my ear for progress reps on an Unnamed bike as yet :D

Actually it was finished bar a few decals but sure folks love a guess

Attachments

• Artic Strom01 (23).jpg
    Artic Strom01 (23).jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 563
Nice read Andres - inspiring stuff.

Thanks for sharing your bottle of JD at Sids place with me, and setting the wheels in motion that led to me reading this. I do want to do Morroco but I'm buggered if I'll go when its snowing up the Atlas, let alone at home.

All the best,

Mike (GS engine swapper)

Just read this in it's entirety

You man are a superstar

Tanks for sharing this epic trip

If I ever meet you, I'll buy you a drink :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom