Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 16 of 29

Thread: Gathering of the Clans 2010

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    The Kingdom of Ardfern
    Posts
    3,398

    Gathering of the Clans 2010

    Gathering of the Clans 2010

    Just in case anyone was thinking that the recent happenings on this forum had in some way affected this event please rest assures that it will go ahead as already planned.

    Any questions about booking etc can be posted here and someone will do their best to answer them- probably me for my sins.

    I'm thinking about staging an open Jaegermeister Drinking tournament in the campsite this year.

    Just for something different to do....

  2. #2
    1100 Rider Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    North Wales
    Posts
    14,856
    I must remember to pack my funnel
    See you there

    Stewart
    Old Stew
    Canbus fluid degausser hire PM me .
    You cant "Dust" for vomit


  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The Exotic East
    Posts
    4,639
    Good man Wully.

  4. #4
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Now retired and travelling around
    Posts
    8,336
    Quote Originally Posted by wully View Post
    [COLOR="Navy"][SIZE="5"]..

    I'm thinking about staging an open Jaegermeister Drinking tournament in the campsite this year.

    ..
    Didn'tthey have one of those last year I believe it finished early in the afternoon of arrival day with several freestyle contestants
    R100GS PD 1993
    Moto Guzzi 1200 Sport 2010
    Triumph 900 Scrambler 2014
    Yamaha Delight 115 Scooter 2013


    Citroen DS3 120lux 2015
    Knaus Sun Ti 650 MG 2017



  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    John O'Groats.
    Posts
    7,098
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyT View Post
    Didn'tthey have one of those last year I believe it finished early in the afternoon of arrival day with several freestyle contestants
    Yup, the winner had to get 2 submissions, a knockout or a double half-flip over the Flash's tent and the fence with a bucket on their head.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    lancaster,england
    Posts
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyT View Post
    Didn'tthey have one of those last year I believe it finished early in the afternoon of arrival day with several freestyle contestants
    yeah and ronno got the gold medal

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    35
    Hi Wully,

    Not sure which string to post on so thought I'd try both. Would love to join the ride as I'm heading up to Orkney and Shetland on the 7th June. Be good to head west for a ride first.

    Be great to get some details.
    Thanks

  8. #8
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    10,235
    So whit time are folk plannin on headin ower there ?

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by AberdeenAngus View Post
    So whit time are folk plannin on headin ower there ?
    Hi AberdeenAngus,

    I'm planning a trip up from the south to the Islands for a week and planned to pop into the Gathering of the Clans at the same time. Unfortunately due to the ferry times I'm now having to miss the Clan meet all together and will just be heading over to the Islands on my own. I'm there 4th - 11th June. Happy to meet other GS's if anyone is around that week

    Bikeit

  10. #10
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Near to be not too far
    Posts
    963
    Bikeit if you are travelling up a week earlier there is another doo to mark the end of the Calum's Road trip

    http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?t=223441
    old enough to know better, young enough not to care!

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by bhud View Post
    Bikeit if you are travelling up a week earlier there is another doo to mark the end of the Calum's Road trip

    http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?t=223441
    Thanks for he offer but really cant leave until the 3rd June. Looking forward to some great roads and getting away. Any suggestions on things to see let me know

  12. #12
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    10,235
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeit View Post
    Hi AberdeenAngus,

    I'm planning a trip up from the south to the Islands for a week and planned to pop into the Gathering of the Clans at the same time. Unfortunately due to the ferry times I'm now having to miss the Clan meet all together and will just be heading over to the Islands on my own. I'm there 4th - 11th June. Happy to meet other GS's if anyone is around that week

    Bikeit
    The gathering is 4th till 6th.
    If you're up from the 4th till 11th then come on over.

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by AberdeenAngus View Post
    The gathering is 4th till 6th.
    If you're up from the 4th till 11th then come on over.
    Would have loved to but need to be in Orkney for Saturday morning in order to dive. Locked at all the options and there is just no way around it. Shame as riding out with a bunch of GS's is always fun

  14. #14
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    10,235
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeit View Post
    Would have loved to but need to be in Orkney for Saturday morning in order to dive. Locked at all the options and there is just no way around it. Shame as riding out with a bunch of GS's is always fun
    You doing Scapa ?

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by AberdeenAngus View Post
    You doing Scapa ?
    Yes I will be Saturday and Thursday

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Forres, Scotland
    Posts
    125

    Angry Midgees

    After camping on Loch Broom this weekend my advice would be to bring some midgee repellent. Little bastards they are.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Anyone attending a Ride Out or Event organised through the UKGSer Forums does so at their own risk.
UKGSer.com or anyone organising an event posted here will not be held responsible in any way for damage or personal injury sustained while attending any such events.

Members attending any such event do so at their own risk.

The text, images, graphics, sound files, animation files, video files, and their arrangement on this Website are all subject to copyright and other intellectual property protection. These objects may not be copied for commercial use or distribution, nor may these objects be modified or reposted to other sites without prior written permission.

Disclaimer: Use or depiction of the BMW logo or trademark throughout this web site is for illustrative and editorial purposes only, and to the benefit of the trademark owner, with no intention of infringement of the trademark.

The UKGSer Forums may include adult content for which it cannot be held responsible. Your use of this website constitutes acceptance of the UKGSER network privacy policy

"Its about being a grown up hooligan - and if that means a dark visor, remus open pipe and a bit of speeding out of town then all well and good"