North York Moors green lanes - Easter weekend?

Thanks for the ride HT and Andy E.

Now I just need to clean my bike and dry my gear :p

Thanks for coming along, the makeshift repair got me home! Bike now clean and dry, me neither yet :blast

Any pics of what I missed?? Several reasons for not attending other than alcoholism. :augie I went to the Hawes area on Friday and got (soaked!) a puncture (had to ride back with a flat front tyre (interesting and slow journey) and leaky fork seals (possibly due to the very light oil I used to soften the bike up a bit). I've repaired the puncture but my MOT is now due and I need a rear tyre.
My god daughter was looking forward to her first ride on the lanes but I haven't got all her gear bought yet. :blast The good news is that she loves going on the bike!:clap
I was looking forward to meeting up with everyone again for a communal ride even though I have found some lanes near me but they are as good as those up that way.
How's the new bike proving itself, Andy?

Any pics of what I missed?? Several reasons for not attending other than alcoholism. :augie I went to the Hawes area on Friday and got (soaked!) a puncture (had to ride back with a flat front tyre (interesting and slow journey) and leaky fork seals (possibly due to the very light oil I used to soften the bike up a bit). I've repaired the puncture but my MOT is now due and I need a rear tyre.
My god daughter was looking forward to her first ride on the lanes but I haven't got all her gear bought yet. :blast The good news is that she loves going on the bike!:clap
I was looking forward to meeting up with everyone again for a communal ride even though I have found some lanes near me but they are as good as those up that way.

The only pics are the ones that HullTraily has already posted. Maz had his helmet cam on but I'm not sure if he recorded anything other than pictures of his left shoulder :blast. A couple of good but rain-free days.

The new bike is great but (as ever) there are a couple of things to sort, I lost the silencer mounting bolt (my fault for not double-checking before setting out - must read the manual) and possibly there's an issue with the starter relay. Replacement bits (including backup spare exhaust hardware) are on the way but some need to come from the Fatherland, so won't be here until early next week.

Feel like getting together for a run somewere later this month?

Should "They aren't as good"

The only pics are the ones that HullTraily has already posted. Maz had his helmet cam on but I'm not sure if he recorded anything other than pictures of his left shoulder :blast. A couple of good but rain-free days.

Unfortunately its all left shoulder and sky in an endless revolution.
note to self, next time check that camera is still attached to helmet after putting on backpack! :blast

Feel like getting together for a run somewere later this month?

I'm game.

I'll be up for a ride out later this month. I'll get the bike sorted and MOT'd by then. :blagblah If not and it's dry then I'll use the new one. I used it in mud but the road tyres don't work well enough.

Is your bike a brand new one, Andy?

I'll be up for a ride out later this month. I'll get the bike sorted and MOT'd by then. :blagblah If not and it's dry then I'll use the new one. I used it in mud but the road tyres don't work well enough.

Is your bike a brand new one, Andy?

Bike isnt brand new, couldn't justify it! Give me a date you know you can make and we'll see what can be arranged :thumb2

After the 26th is good for me, mate. The first weekend is the 1st & 2nd of May and I haven't any plans. :Motomartin

After the 26th is good for me, mate. The first weekend is the 1st & 2nd of May and I haven't any plans. :Motomartin

Say the 2nd as Sundays are a bit easier for me than Saturdays? I'll have a good look at Trailwise and see if I can spot anything new to try.

Fantastic! Are you thinking of the North Yorks moors again? I'll have a goosey as well but I'm not that experienced at finding them. Only found small tracks so far. We could re-do the tracks that we did at the top of the Dales with Nige, maybe? I found (purely by chance) a couple of them again last week.

Fantastic! Are you thinking of the North Yorks moors again? I'll have a goosey as well but I'm not that experienced at finding them. Only found small tracks so far. We could re-do the tracks that we did at the top of the Dales with Nige, maybe? I found (purely by chance) a couple of them again last week.

Dales or Moors I don't mind at all! I have to say I know nothing about the Dales lanes so will do some digging. I can't even remember where we started from last time though I'll have the pm's arranging it :blast

Call it the Dales then and we'll see what we can find :) I'll also contact Nigel and ask him for ideas.

Cool, if you want to you could come over my way (Otley) and ride yp through the Dales. The scenery is very nice and I can take us straight to the end of that trail where I had the problem with disconnected radiator hose. From there I can find others. Or I know a slighlty different way that takes us to trails we've done already.

Contact with Nige would be very beneficial and if necessary and he's willing I could meet him as he lives in the next town to me and mark some routes.

Cool, if you want to you could come over my way (Otley) and ride yp through the Dales. The scenery is very nice and I can take us straight to the end of that trail where I had the problem with disconnected radiator hose. From there I can find others. Or I know a slighlty different way that takes us to trails we've done already.

Contact with Nige would be very beneficial and if necessary and he's willing I could meet him as he lives in the next town to me and mark some routes.

That sounds fine, Otley it is then :thumb2

I'd be up for some over that way (Otley/Keighley) didn't even know there were any trails Oo...

Let me know when, and ill see if I'm available

There are some north of Otley but not that good, the ones I've seen anyway. We are meeting in Otley and going back up to the top of the Dales where we met. You up for that?

Back
Top Bottom