Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: An excellent weekend was had.

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    More please
    2008 R1200GSA
    "Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much" Oscar Wilde
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe"Albert Einstein
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius, and a lot of courage, to move in the opposite direction."Albert Einstein

some more

sorry if this is taking too long
    Attached Images Attached Images      

............. more...............

........... some of the Giant Causeway taken at 7.30am Saturday morning...

usually I go for a 5km run of Saturday morning but I forgot my running shoes

nearly there

can't be arsed to put captions.................. ok to be honest I haven't advanced that far yet

........and finally..................

Thanks again all how attended

I was shattered when I got home on Sunday but didn't have time to sit down and relax, instead I had to listed to two dudes gabbing on as though the new something about riding bikes

The sight and the sounds of the bikes goin' thro the Sperrins at the weekend was indeed impressive...............

Yiz were all very close to me on Saturday.................

Hope to make the next one............................

I must have been really pissed.

I don't remember the stage at all.....
    2008 R1200GSA
    "Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much" Oscar Wilde
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe"Albert Einstein
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius, and a lot of courage, to move in the opposite direction."Albert Einstein

undead Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Toad View Post
    I must have been really pissed.

I don't remember the stage at all.....
    looks as though you scrubbed up well to get up on stage

always remember that you are absolutely unique, just like everyone else.

Fun Formula

1 Mix a Mandy
    2 Moxy load of bikes
    3 a few Mountain roads not to mention a some twisties and boreeens
    4 a bunch of Tossers

Mandy you do your best thinking on the back of Aiden's bike if it's true that that's where you were when you thought this weekend up.

It was fantastic to meet so many people who were up for a great time - and to have the power of knowing but not telling - I promise I didn't send anyone on the wrong route if you got lost maybe it was your map/GPS.

The routes were great and hotels wonderful.

I tried my best to put faces to names even wrote them down, but seemed to forget them almost immediately. apologies to all of you I had to ask again who you were on the second morning. Really enjoyed meeting everyone at the checkpoints, the time passed quickly having the banter and seeing the different approaches to the routes.

Best one was in Lifford when at least 8 guys sat around the table programming their GPS's the concentration on the faces and total silence. Then a quick look by each of them at the map to see how successful they were. One guy was trying to find Glencar waterfall in Saudi I can be bribed to stay quiet, but enough to say be carefull on the US trip.

Now the difficult bit, I seldom take pictures and even more dfficult can I get them on here

too busy showing brian and us the back of yer bike on the way to virginia

and there I was sweating in 35 degrees with flu the whole weekend, and even slept through the F1..........some have all the luck ta be sure.

Nice report.

some photos ...

Photos taken at checkpoint #2 - Drumcliff Sligo.

Common theme - lots of smiles and studying of maps/GPS!

[IMG]http://orla.smugmug.com/Other/MMMMT/P3270301/823386586_qMQqP-M.jpg
    [/IMG]

Thank You

First of i would like to thank Liwood & Davy for stopping and helping Peter and I on Friday when we came off the bike. Im resting the leg plenty and getting loads of pampering . Thank you to Jochen, Davy, Streaky & everyone else who has got in touch with Peter asking about me, and who has asked after me on the site. Hope you all had a good weekend but by the looks of the pics i would say that you's all had a good time. It was great to see some old faces again & new ones. Thank you for the warm welcome we got when we arrived down on saturday nite, Aiden & Mandy thanks for the B&B it was class. Norm hope your doing ok also, Ash im still milking it for the attention lol. It was a good weekend hope to see you all again soon take care folks.

1 more to log in and thank you

1 more to log and thank you all.

A big thanks to Mandy Aidan Jochen , Jo Ken Brian & Geraldine + Eoin Orla Kev and Mide + Daka sticker man plus the shirts and anyone else who I have forgotten. I got the 9:15 pm sailing out of Rosslare then bimbbled thru Wales on the A40 into the Brecon Beacons staying with my folks .Monday back to Hampshire beating the rain.Tuesday bike looked like a courrier had been using it for a month.A couple of hours scrubbing prepped it for a M O T. Yes it flew thru. Thanks to all great to meet lots of great guys and girls for my first trip to Ireland I think I got home easily compared with Ash .
    Hope to see you all again soon .
    The person who managed not to get photographed .

Quote Originally Posted by Hairnet600 View Post
    too busy showing brian and us the back of yer bike on the way to virginia

Me I don't know what your talking about

Member Supported Charities Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Spear Ruler View Post
    Me I don't know what your talking about

I hope you weren't speeding Geraldine

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast