"Shower suit" recommendations?

NeilF

Reaction score
officially THE best place to live . . . . Wokingha
Anyone like to recommend a good showersuit i.e. not all-season, lined, rubberised, full waterproofs?

Bearing in mind Judge's classic statement for those of us Picos-bound - "the rain in Spain stays mainly on the plain, but it can piss it down in the mountains".

I don't want to pack my Rukkas as a "just in case", I'm just looking for something that packs down real small, and will be "shower proof". And easy and quick to put on.

Cheers,

Neil.

Hein Gericke - Basic raingear but is great value (read as dirt cheap) but very effective & designed to go over bike gear.

It's not what it's fore.....

....but the Rukka Extol 2-piece is a comfortably high tech golfing oversuit which packs away to nothing but costs most usually considerably more than a munition....

30041R.jpg

...but the last few weeks the brothers at TKMaxx have had them knocked down at £59-99 for the jacket and £16-99 for the trouser (in leprechaun green or haemorrhage red.)

Get 'em on and off real quick, comfy w/proof and not bad for golf either......for those who might make it to the tee-off at O'Looneys in August.

NeilF said:
Anyone like to recommend a good showersuit i.e. not all-season, lined, rubberised, full waterproofs?
If you are talking about something to wear ontop of your protective clothing Swedish magazine Bike rekommends BMW's own rain suit. It was the only one in the test that really was waterproof. It was very easy to put on and it stretched really well too.

Have a Weise one-piece

Tested well in one of the mags. Easy to put on (full length zip down one leg), fully waterproof and packs up into it's own bag with belt. Nice kit.

rain gear

hi go down to your army surplus store

cheers nobby

I always shower in my skin,

no a picture wouldn't be nice,

;) ;)

Why not try a local outdoor clothing shop such as Milletts and buy a cheap pair of over trousers and top, they normally come with their own little carrying bag and scrunch down really small.

Cheapest place is an agricultural merchant. However, the trousers will unlikely have ankle zips to enable easy fitting with boots in situ.

However, for summer touring I have used a Belstaff 2 piece oversuit for the last 8 years. It packs away into one of the jacket pockets and can be worn as a bumbag. So much easier to get on than a 1 piece.

For somewhere like the Picos it is ideal. If you get the all black one then the jacket is wearable as a casual jacket should it get wet whilst walking to the cantina.

The other advantage of a 2 piece suit is that you can replace the trousers as a separate item as the crotch will be the first place to leak. The trousers can be worn in winter in combination with a cordura jacket & leather trousers.

The complete suit costs about 50 quid. The last pair of replacement trousers cost a tenner. The jacket is about to get its third pair of trousers as they have just started to leak.

How about an unlined Belstaff oversuit? There's one for sale over in the For Sale and Wanted Forum...

I know it’s a bit late now Neil, but I’m seriously impressed with how our Rukka gear stood up to the ‘kin awful weather Florence and I ran into on the way back from the Picos.

As you say, it pissed it down for a couple of hours as we were leaving Plymouth on Tuesday afternoon. By Wednesday afternoon the rain gods had had some practice, so it rained properly (it was coming down in stair rods), and all the bits that were inside the suits stayed dry. This bits that were outside were quite a different story.

It’s the basic Pablo jacket and trousers, so they are light and comfortable and no need to worry about putting on another layer over the top the rest of your bike gear.

prod_21425_99.jpg

Rukka gear gets a bit thumbs up from Team Magic Roundabout :thumb

Showers suit

Got a weise one that fold in a built in bum-bag, a bit bright in colours but a bit of help in being noticed has never done any harm.

Back
Top Bottom