1100 RT

a tip, replace the nuts with, Brass aircraft nuts (anti Vibration) they work a treat there is no way you can have a galvanic reaction between any kind of steel and brass and if anything strips then it is the brass nut and not the expensive to replace stud.

Nuts n bolts

Bad news, fella..................sorted now though:thumb

Johnny ,
Thanks - as two of the bolts came out ok , I took the decision not to spend the money getting the holes redrilled etc as it's unlikely I'll be taking the things out again [ famous last words ] - those chaps at North Leicester Garage know their stuff , and have done a good job .

Andy is a great help to me , he has an engineering background and vast knowledge and the patience of a saint - he was genuinely pissed off when he wasn't able to complete the task himself , even though the only reason for that was because he didn't have the right tools - he never does anything by half , always thorough .

Hoping to pick the bike up on Friday , although by the looks of it the ride home will be a wet and windy one [ god bless the weather protection of the RT ] .

Looking at the gorgeous new Morinis at NLG , I must say they look well made and engineered - the Gran Passo in particular is very nice .

Steve

Nuts

a tip, replace the nuts with, Brass aircraft nuts (anti Vibration) they work a treat there is no way you can have a galvanic reaction between any kind of steel and brass and if anything strips then it is the brass nut and not the expensive to replace stud.

First thing the mechanic said was - why are these not brass ?
They didn't have any in stock , but I'll bear it in mind .

I'd highly recommend these guys to anyone - superb .

Steve

All done

Just got back from Andy's - he picked the bike up for me after work yesterday , so the wife drove me up there this morning so I could put the fairing panels back on and ride it home after the work was finally done , including installing the bikevis bullet LED's ......

Just a few snaps I took .........

The bike sans fairing panels ........

825719740_XQjSQ-L.jpg

Several after the install ........ tapped off the wire for the side light bulb .......

825719968_ETpk5-L.jpg

825719955_jyvbr-L.jpg

825719899_yun35-L.jpg

Can't thank Andy enough - always there to lend a helping hand [ i.e. do the job as I'm ham fisted and a danger to mankind if there is a toolbox in sight ] , and willing to give up his time to help me out in my hour of need .

Steve

Back
Top Bottom