Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Trans America Trail

Maximum Mayhem Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    I could be a possible for next year

Mick

2k R1150GS '05 MX-5 1.8
    Ok, so I could only be young once; but I can be immature forever!

opinionated, me? Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Ok, so how did I miss this first time.
    Interested.
    Mark
    Just when you've got this rat race licked, here come faster rats!

Dream Maker
    This will definately be running next year in August so please pm me if you are interested.

Nasty1, you have a pm and could Aberdeen Angus, Buellzebub and Earthmover(and anyone else interested) provisionally just confirm you are up for this and I can start really working on the trip
    www.unchainedtours.com

"Of all the forces that make for a better world, none is so powerful as hope.
    With hope, one can think, one can work, one can dream.
    If you have hope, you have everything."

http://www.unchainedtours.com

Chris, You have another PM.

Adie

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Bilco View Post
    This will definately be running next year in August so please pm me if you are interested.

Nasty1, you have a pm and could Aberdeen Angus, Buellzebub and Earthmover(and anyone else interested) provisionally just confirm you are up for this and I can start really working on the trip
    Chris, I'm sorry but if this a "next year" rather than "this year" I'll can't make it - from April 2011 I am headed off Round The World via The Stans, Mongolia and Russia...

Once I have reached Siberia I will be crossing the Pacific - so perhaps we could hook up somewhere on my crossing of North America.

I haven't finalised that crossing - although I do know I am keen to find another route across the USA from the one I did last year...

Let's keep in touch - although, as I say, I won't be a "proper participant".

Simon

opinionated, me? Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Interested certainly, but August is school/uni holidays, so will have to see what the plans are.
    Mark
    Just when you've got this rat race licked, here come faster rats!

Dream Maker
    OK all, things are moving on a pace and there will definately be a trip on in 2011. Dates can be fairly flexible but August is the best for me and to be honest, is probably the best time on the TAT. It will be hot but should be dry which is more important as some ofthe route in the rain in extremely taxing to say the least

However, srace7 pointed me to a thread on ADV rider and it seems this trail is dissapearing faster than i thought it would. Here is the link http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=571562

Like most out of the way places on this planet, they are slowly being abandoned as work dries up and I guess this trail will not exist in a few years because of all the small towns being abandoned and garages shutting down.

If you are a dirt rider, this is a trail which should be done and I definately want to run a trip this year if I can get enough interest. I can leave it late because I can book shipping last minute if needed. Again, August is a good time and can probably leave it to near the end of the month. Brief details:

Duration: 3 weeks max
    Bike: GS is OK but a 650 GS/KLR/XT/KTM etc would make life a little easier
    Cost: I can arrange the shipping for about £1000 return and I'll just charge a small arrangement fee as per my US tour. These things take a lot of time to organise and I like to give them the requisite time

Doing this is easier than you think as I'll do all the hard work and if I can get perhaps a posse of 6 tossers, it would be a great littel trip.

C'mon, you know you want to
    www.unchainedtours.com

"Of all the forces that make for a better world, none is so powerful as hope.
    With hope, one can think, one can work, one can dream.
    If you have hope, you have everything."

http://www.unchainedtours.com

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

yes pls...

Definitely interested for next year
    Getting on thread and bump.
    I'd be on a XC
    PM sent with email address.

Also interested!

Ah the reason for keeping the 800!

Count me in for this year providing it is not much more than 3 weeks as very busy this summer

S

Def interested
    Lloyd

Definately interested in a trip next year, but a little worried as to whether I have the off road ability. Consider myself a novice on the dirt; how difficult a ride is this? I have ridden fire tracks in the states (dalton highway) and been to a number of their off road parks.

adventure bug alive...

I got back from the enduro himalaya trip two weeks ago now. However the adventure bug is still alive and I am already looking forward to the TAT next July / August.
    Back to TT for more XC bling...

R/C Hello pilot ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Bilco View Post
    PM sent.

Sounds like an interesting trip. If it is going ahead in 2011 I would be interested. With enough notice I should be able to get 3 weeks of work and enough time to buy a smaller bike and get it prep'd. Will watch the thread with interest.

I`m bored in 2011

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast