Trans America Trail

This will definately be running next year in August so please pm me if you are interested.

Nasty1, you have a pm and could Aberdeen Angus, Buellzebub and Earthmover(and anyone else interested) provisionally just confirm you are up for this and I can start really working on the trip:thumb

Chris, I'm sorry but if this a "next year" rather than "this year" I'll can't make it - from April 2011 I am headed off Round The World via The Stans, Mongolia and Russia...

Once I have reached Siberia I will be crossing the Pacific - so perhaps we could hook up somewhere on my crossing of North America.

I haven't finalised that crossing - although I do know I am keen to find another route across the USA from the one I did last year...

Let's keep in touch - although, as I say, I won't be a "proper participant".

Simon

Interested certainly, but August is school/uni holidays, so will have to see what the plans are.
Mark

OK all, things are moving on a pace and there will definately be a trip on in 2011. Dates can be fairly flexible but August is the best for me and to be honest, is probably the best time on the TAT. It will be hot but should be dry which is more important as some ofthe route in the rain in extremely taxing to say the least:augie

However, srace7 pointed me to a thread on ADV rider and it seems this trail is dissapearing faster than i thought it would. Here is the link http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=571562

Like most out of the way places on this planet, they are slowly being abandoned as work dries up and I guess this trail will not exist in a few years because of all the small towns being abandoned and garages shutting down.

If you are a dirt rider, this is a trail which should be done and I definately want to run a trip this year if I can get enough interest. I can leave it late because I can book shipping last minute if needed. Again, August is a good time and can probably leave it to near the end of the month. Brief details:

Duration: 3 weeks max
Bike: GS is OK but a 650 GS/KLR/XT/KTM etc would make life a little easier
Cost: I can arrange the shipping for about £1000 return and I'll just charge a small arrangement fee as per my US tour. These things take a lot of time to organise and I like to give them the requisite time

Doing this is easier than you think as I'll do all the hard work and if I can get perhaps a posse of 6 tossers, it would be a great littel trip.

C'mon, you know you want to:D

yes pls...

Definitely interested for next year :drool
Getting on thread and bump.
I'd be on a XC :thumb2
PM sent with email address.

Ah the reason for keeping the 800! :D

Count me in for this year providing it is not much more than 3 weeks as very busy this summer

S

Definately interested in a trip next year, but a little worried as to whether I have the off road ability. Consider myself a novice on the dirt; how difficult a ride is this? I have ridden fire tracks in the states (dalton highway) and been to a number of their off road parks.

adventure bug alive...

I got back from the enduro himalaya trip two weeks ago now. However the adventure bug is still alive and I am already looking forward to the TAT next July / August.
Back to TT for more XC bling...

Sounds like an interesting trip. If it is going ahead in 2011 I would be interested. With enough notice I should be able to get 3 weeks of work and enough time to buy a smaller bike and get it prep'd. Will watch the thread with interest.

over subscribed

Fella,

Sounds like an amazing trip but looks like I was some what slow off the mark.
Would you be prepared to pass on your knowledge of shipping and so on? Not gonna start a rival business, very very happy (some might say job pissed) cooper. All of trips so far have been europe as sorting freight seems like a night mare, sneaking further south this year but an American trip is a long standing back burner.......

O

Guys

It would seem that circumstances are conspiring to defeat this project so I'm going to have to cancel the 2010 trip for two reasons. I'm just struggling a little to getting the return shipping from Denver soreted and don't want to go off half cocked as it were. I should have this sorted early in 2011 though as I'm planning a visit there in january.

Second and more important reason is my left knee is fecked. Too many years of rowing and Rugby have finally taken their toll. I'll probably be under the knife in March and my physio went ballistic when I mentioned a nice 3 week off road bimble where standing on the pegs is the only way to ride all day. Road riding will be OK thank godness!! If all goes well, i'm sure it's do able but don't want to take a chance and let everyone down.

However, all being well, we can do it in 2012 if everyone is still keen. I'll have all the shipping details sorted by February 2011 so all should be well. Please contact me if you are still up for it:thumb

Fella,

Sounds like an amazing trip but looks like I was some what slow off the mark.
Would you be prepared to pass on your knowledge of shipping and so on? Not gonna start a rival business, very very happy (some might say job pissed) cooper. All of trips so far have been europe as sorting freight seems like a night mare, sneaking further south this year but an American trip is a long standing back burner.......

O

Charlie

PM me with your requirements and I'll do what I can to help:thumb

I'm still interested, 2012 may be a better option for me anyway. :thumb
Whether the 640 will survive that long is another matter. :augie
Mark

Is a the trip in 2011 deffinatly a no go? If so I will stop looking for a bike. As an aside I have been told a 2 stroke Husky is the way to go, what do you think?

On for 2012

Still on for this in 2012.
I hope you still have my details from prior PMs.
Cheers, Zorro

I have one place left for this trip due to late drop out.

Anyone interested, please pm me and I'll send you all the details:augie

Back
Top Bottom