Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weekend Rideout

Weekend Rideout

As all has gone quiet on the trip front can i suggest we go for another ride out.

I am thinking maybe we could meet up on the morning of Sat May 16 and go for a rideout in the afternoon. Find a campsite for some scran, a few and no doubt discuss/sort the worlds problems out.

More riding on Sunday before everyone heading back home early afternoon on Sunday the 16 May.

I would be more than happy to show you lot some of the fantastic roads in East Anglia and sort a campsite out for the Sat night, however i do understand that the central point from Bath/London/Stockport and East Anglia is around the Bedford area so maybe Daz fancies sorting something in his area?

I would be just as happy going to anyone elses location.

I have spoken to Si from Ipswich and he is up for it, so thats 2.

Chad

Also happy for any lurking tossers to tag along ifthey want.

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

meet up

hi all, i`ve just managed to get back online thru move of location so good job its been quiet,i was planing on meeting friends in wales next week but can`t make it but what about there, the welsh hills,good riding and camp sites. also what about the 1st may bank hol? i know some may have plans but its just a thought and an extra day

i would be morethan happy making a trip to the land of my fathers however im in egypt bankholiday weekend so the only 2 weekends i can do are the 9/10 or 15/16 may.

Also happy to meet up on fri for 2 nights.

obviously i meant 8/9 may and 15/16 may.

LOL, 8/9/10... what's a few days either side eh

I can't do an earlier one, due to some committments here Buddy.. even 15/16 is a little tight, but do-able... let's see what everyone else thinks..

I fancy somewhere remote, where campfire cooking is allowed, either that, or we take over a beach for the night, or field, or.... abandoned Welsh mine...

:-)

Hangar 53 Custom Motor Works
    url. www.hangarfiftythree.com
    email: si@hangarfiftythree.com
    blog:www.salaamandthanksforallthefish.blogspot.com (Europe & North Africa Sept 2010)
    book: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Moto-Maroc-S...5361559&sr=8-1 (119 page paperback covering the adventure through to Morocco)

location location

off to wales on sat for a nite around rhaydar,its the one on the camping post but will have a nosey for more remote/coastal locations.i`m ok for later in may, as you say if 15/16 onwards better for everyone fine by me. will try and have a spin up west coast to see whats about

Nice one Badger, i take it you are offering to lead a little trip into Wales?
    I quite fancy mid wales as i have not been through there much.

I am more than happy to follow and i have spoken to Daz who is up for the trip as well.

It looks like 15/16 May would have to be the date as we all seem to be able to make it that weekend although i know people cant travel on the Friday due to work commitments so it will have to be an early start on the Sat morning.

So far it is Me, Badger, Si and Daz going.

I have not heard from Paul, Rich, malcolm or either of the steve's though. is anyone still in touch with them.

Alternatively i have an idea either for this trip or one a bit further into the summer. Meet up at Kettering Services, ride the scenic route to My work which is in a little farm complex in Thetford forest. Dump any excess luggage off at the farm. Get Si to lead a route on Sat afternoon to include some LIGHT off road stuff.
    Back to the farm for the night. I can provide a fridge (and probobly a few cold beers), I have 5 decent tents and plenty of space to pitch (so no need to carry yours), there is a conference table which we can spread some maps and actually start to plan a route. There is also a shower if anyone is that way inclined. No chance of dancing around an open fire though Si
    On the sunday morning ride a route led by me in Suffolk, finishing at a little pub in Bury St Edmunds which does a fantastic sunday lunch for £7.50. Then all ride back to the 4 winds to get home at a reasonable time.

Chad

chase the dragon

let you kno how this w/end goes chad, paul is meeting me down there and two other mates we went with last year,as for other guys i do kno that steve from stockport i`think is in the stares for a month with work and as for your suggestion i`m up for either, i`ve never been this part of wales so i hope the weather holds and we don`t all drown in iclandic volcano ash!!!

Sheeesh, no campfire... Thetford via Kettering is not as the crow flies either Light offroading huh? Best get the OSLR maps out then :-)

You on Tourances for tomorrow Shadness?

Hangar 53 Custom Motor Works
    url. www.hangarfiftythree.com
    email: si@hangarfiftythree.com
    blog:www.salaamandthanksforallthefish.blogspot.com (Europe & North Africa Sept 2010)
    book: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Moto-Maroc-S...5361559&sr=8-1 (119 page paperback covering the adventure through to Morocco)

I think ill leave it to you then badger. if you want to lead we will go to wales if you want to follow we will do Suffolk.

I am happy to do either, so let us know when you get back from this weekend, have a good one mate talk to you next week.

Chad

Dazza2
    Chad
    Could you please clarify how many beers the fridge will hold?
    Sorry for the delay in replying,15/16th may would be my favoured date fellas.
    Meet at the farm sounds a good idea,great oppourtunity to get some
    plans put together .plus somewith some and hopefully some
    Daz

The fridge could hold a good 100 beers daz but i WILL NOT be providing that many

Badger went to Wales last weekend and i pretty much said i was happy to lead in Suffolk or follow him into mid Wales, so i am just waiting to see which he would rather do.

Hopefully he survived running the gauntlet of the sons of Owain Glyndwr

Chad

them there hills

hi chad, yep we all got back ok,all had the odd scarey moment tho either due to cars other bikes or the grass and gravel in the middle of the road.shame didn`t have more time,anyway as for a meet up i like the idea of somewhere that has a table to have a proper chat to see what each has in mind before we all(more than likely) have a beer or 5,at the mo we`re all on the same ferry out and then heading for africa but as from there people have different time scheds and routes,it would be nice to see who`s got what in mind,if routes are similar and meetups could be arranged and finally if people want to travel back enmass or again have their own ideas. to be realistic we have to meet mid day ride to a location for late afto, then put heads together for two hrs before food or beer. all we did this wk/end was meet have a good ride out got back for 6ish then went pub not a bad thing but we didn`t meet for anything other than that, so i`d be up for your works and a good conflab

Right, thats settled then. we will do the Suffolk thing on 15/16 May.

ill sort some routes out and have a chat with Si about the LIGHT offroading, Saturday Afternoon and then post to this thread.

Im meant to be in Egypt on Sat but it does not look good, poor me so i can prob do some route recce then (although hopefully not ).

Back soon

Chad

New Member (less than 15 Posts)
    hi all, would like to meet again on the 15/16th but can not get down to you until late afternoon or early evening on sat, is this ok ?

Click here to find out how to remove these ads

Quote Originally Posted by sth1 View Post
    hi all, would like to meet again on the 15/16th but can not get down to you until late afternoon or early evening on sat, is this ok ?
    Yes steve that would be fine, you would probobly have to ride down to deepest darkest Norfolk on your own to catch us up but if you are happy to do that then happy days

Ill put a route up on the site probobly at the beginning of may, then you can let us know which bit you can meet us on.

Chad

PS. It looks like i might actually get to fly to Egypt on Saturday

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast