Pubs local to the Hograost

shready

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Any chance of a list of decent pubs close to the Hograost?

On the Saturday lunchtime we try and find somewhere for lunch. We went to the Mayfly one year (very nice), somewhere else the next year, good but not great (or memorable). Last year was a joke we went to that shitty pub in Charlton, never again:eek:

Some pointers to decent locals with good food would be welcome:thumb

Any chance of a list of decent pubs close to the Hograost?

On the Saturday lunchtime we try and find somewhere for lunch. We went to the Mayfly one year (very nice), somewhere else the next year, good but not great (or memorable). Last year was a joke we went to that shitty pub in Charlton, never again:eek:

Some pointers to decent locals with good food would be welcome:thumb

any pub that is outside the 3 mile scum radius of Andover town centre will be fine,
most of the villages have decent pubs

if no-one else makes a list up I'll do one for you later...I would do it now, but I can't get to half the websites from work though :(

The one just down the road where we watched the rugby on Saturday afternoon was good: Some real ale for the beardies :augie, alcopops for the nippers and decent food.....

......fabulous taxi service as I recall....

:kissy2

:beerjug:

The one just down the road where we watched the rugby on Saturday afternoon was good: Some real ale for the beardies :augie, alcopops for the nippers and decent food.....

If you were with Burton and Beetle that pub was pure shyte:blast

was that the one in Charlton? the royal oak!

first time I've heard that chav hole referred to as a decent boozer !!!!!

Peat Spade at Longstock near Stockbridge
Greyhound in Stockbridge
The Harrow at Little Bedwyn (its a way down the road but nice all the same:thumb2)
Little Chef, Popham:D

The Harrow at Little Bedwyn (its a way down the road but nice all the same:thumb2)

Erm - this isn't a pub, it's a very upmarket and expensive restaurant with one Michelin star. If you want to treat yourself and don't mind spending £75+ per head, it's great, but if you want a pint of ale in a decent boozer, forget it.

The two pubs in Great Bedwyn are both pretty good - The Cross Keys and The Three Tuns.

Back
Top Bottom