Thread: Spouts Recce

Spouts Recce

Spout, Timolgra, Forry, Mark1, Mark2 & myself did a recce today to find a GS-able route for a good day's riding.

No GS's voluteered for the recce but it's basically the same route as last year with maybe 1 or 2 lanes added here & there.

If the 8th May is anything like today it won't be as muddy as last year but dust may be a problem.

Ok, today's photos:

Your Leader - Spout

Yes, a great day out....knackered now just waiting to see if 'someone' posts a pic of my bike having a deserved rest

Great to ride with you again Spout, it's been a couple years since our last outing and good to meet some new faces
    KEA

Must have been a good recce cos I fell asleep in the chair when I got home
    Good to see everyone especially spout it had been a while since we last rode together.
    Here's a few pics

To much beer ?

Tim having trouble with a log and rock

We did give him a hand in the end

Oh what have we here Tim

Still life in the old dog

PS still owe you one for spraying me with mud

LLangollen weekend should be a good one

Ha ha

Here's something for Spout after telling us how good his open face helmet is then nearly chocking to death after swallowing a fly.....(quite seriously!)

KEA

Quote Originally Posted by Timolgra View Post
    Ha ha

Here's something for Spout after telling us how good his open face helmet is then nearly chocking to death after swallowing a fly.....(quite seriously!)

He did turn a nice shade of red

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Timolgra View Post
    Ha ha

I'll be humming that all day now

There was a moment of real panic when I couldn't breathe in or out. I can't believe a fly could block my airways Mind you, I then nearly drowned when I poured my bottle of water down my neck Cleared t'blockage tho

Great days riding. Nice to meet up with old friends (and laugh at them falling off) and new friends (and laugh at them falling off).

Lets hope the weather stays fine for May.

PS "Beware of the Bull" trail had a padlocked gate. We'll have to bring a hacksaw with us in May.
    '06 HP2 E...................2006 - 2016
    '02 R1150 GS Adv........2004 - 2006
    '01 F650 GS Dakar.......2001 - 2004
    '91 R100 GS...............1995 - 1999
    '83 R80 G/S...............1986 - 1993
    '81 R80 G/S...............1982 - 1985

Quote Originally Posted by forry View Post
    Must have been a good recce cos I fell asleep in the chair when I got home

LLangollen weekend should be a good one
    Great photos.

There was a reason I took the left route (photo above)

I still have memories of Rushy getting stuck here on his DRZ last year & needing assistance

To be honest though, the water levels are lower this year - should be a good run.

Thanks Spout, always a pleasure riding with you.

It was a good 7 hour ride yesterday - I'm off to clean the bike
    Another couple of hours of fun!

2nd time on the trails

Hello chaps. Nice to put some faces to the names. Only my second time trail riding and it was good stuff! I only fell off half the times I did on my first outing. Luckily some of them were after Spout and I headed off back to my car so most of you didn't see them

You can just about see Timolgra and his KTM having a lie down in this one

Name:  Photo017 2.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  92.0 KB
    And the things Spout will do to get Timoglra to give up the details of a new trail

Name:  Photo020 2.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  68.9 KB

vincent adv
    lol