Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Classic airheads and Norwegians invade Morocco

Toubab Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Classic airheads and Norwegians invade Morocco

In March, after 18 months build-up, 9 Norwegians, a Swede and some classic airheads invaded Morocco...It turned out to be the best trip we've done, with more miles off-road, some amazing riding and a cracking laugh with a great bunch of guys.

I'm going to do this report as I do it on the Moto-Morocco website as well, so it may take a while, but here are a few tasters

Hey Liv.......here ya go.....

सत्यमेव जयते

'Don't mess with me' Member

Snoopy - take note!

This is how to prep a bike!!

He should have used a provincial beer can though:

Thomas! There's a mouse duck in the house!

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Masters View Post

Snoopy - take note!

This is how to prep a bike!!

Actually the result of a very tough two weeks with all the Viking's bikes meticulously prepared......ie. no flat batteries etc
    KEA

A little over a week before the start of the trip, 9 Norwegians and one Swede gathered their bikes in -20c and several feet of snow...they arrived from all over Norway

The bikes had, as Tim said, been very very well prepared.....the guys had got together in small groups for months before the trip for fettling and farkling, and there was some very nice (and shiny) machinery there waiting to go and beat up the pistes in Morocco

Spot the mods.....

And something to make Proff wet himself

The bikes were loaded and despatched- most of them hadn't been ridden in the Norwegian winter , so the guys were happy to see them go, knowing that very soon, they'd be riding in Morocco, a continent and hopefully 40 degrees warmer

सत्यमेव जयते

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    ... and waiting for more

Keep em coming!

Hi Bill
    What was the route this trip

Quote Originally Posted by JALFREZI View Post
    Hi Bill
    What was the route this trip
    Patience Nickol'arse......all will be revealed
    सत्यमेव जयते

I notice the exhaust has had work done since it went out (compare the two photos) including the zip ties and masking tape.

The outcome of a piss poor choice of exhaust can.

Just wait till I get my upcoming diesel out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanum View Post
    Patience Nickol'arse......all will be revealed
    feck the Patience.................crack on my love............

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Stromfulltrator View Post
    feck the Patience.................crack on my love............
    +1
    Dont Bogart that joint my friend, pass it over to me

Oh Yes.... Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by chad View Post
    +1
    + 2....... COME ON !
    Perfekt ist nicht gut genug.

UKGSER-A place where I've wasted so much time, learned so much, laughed a lot and cried a few times.

Every bed of roses has pricks in it!

Nice but unfortunate husband.
    Do come along Billiam dahling, your audience awaits.
    There are two opinions of the GS. There are those who have ridden one who think its fantastic and there are those who haven't who know its crap.

Sorry...been a bit busy

Anyway....

Ian and I arrived three days early at the Golf Hotel Alhaurin El Grande.....we wanted to find a loading ramp at the airport for the bikes to be taken off from, as the wagon trailer it was coming on didn't have a tail lift, and we also had to fit a chain and sprocket set on my DR650 before the Vikings arrived.

On the way down, Spain was as flooded and wet as i've ever seen it......half of the vineyards down south seemed to be underwater and there were places where the flatlands were just covered in it, looking like a huge mirror stretching to the horizon.

We met up with our friend Steve Larkin, general fixer, parts supplier and all round-good guy, and he told us that several horses had been killed in Alhaurin after the valleys had been flooded out , and several people killed in Andalucia with mudslides and so on.....it was certainly very very wet, with torrential rain for three days solid....our contacts in Morocco said that the north of the country was extremely wet as well, with some of the classic pistes we wanted to do and had been telling the Vikings about under threat

This is what the Golf Hotel normally looks like, with some great views rightdown the valleys almost to Malaga

But this is what it looked like for the 5 days we were there

A little chap had to come out every hour or two to fish the seats out of the pool, as the wind was also blowing a hoolie

It wasn't looking good for the start of the trip, so Ian and I sat down with a map and did some thinking.....
    सत्यमेव जयते

Tim arrived at the airport a good few hours before the Vikings, so we got him sorted out and discussed options for a while, then headed back down to the airport to meet the Norwegian truck with the bikes on, driven by a jovial trucker who , as all the gang did, spoke good English..A good job really, as our Norwegian was somewhat non-existent

We found a loading dock at the cargo terminal and with the driver, managed to persuade the coppers there to let us use it to unload the bikes.

We met the guys from their 'plane, then piled them into three taxis for the 1/2 mile ride to the cargo terminal while we waited for the truck to come from the industrial estate where he had parked up.

Introductions were made all around, and wry smiles from our side greeted all the names that we knew we would find hard to pronounce, let along remember

Unloading the bikes went smoothly, then we piled all the luggage in the trailer and set off for the hotel, in the dark and the rain, but the guys all grinning at being in Spain and back on their bikes after a long Norwegian winter off the road

सत्यमेव जयते

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast