US National Parks - National Parks Pass

Sigster

Reaction score
Hi,

seems if you guys add a couple more National parks to your trip it might be worth buying the 'America The Beautiful - National Parks And Federal Recreational Lands Pass'

It's nowadays $80 (used to be $50 :mad:)

http://www.nps.gov/fees_passes.htm

MC entry fees:

$10 Yosemite NP
$10 Sequoia / King's Canyon NP
$10 Death Valley NP
$12 Zion NP
$12 Bryce Canyon NP
$12 Grand Canyon NP
$00 Canyon de Chelley NP
($10 Rocky Mountain NP)

Seems at least some parks charge per person if on a motorcycle, meaning a passenger pays the per-person fee as well. If anybody's going two up, the pass seems to cover up to 4 adults (at least that's how I'd interpret the small print).

Monument Valley is 'run' by the Navajo tribe and not part of the National Parks system. And it's $5 per nose.

Note also that some parks can be state parks and are also not part of the National Parks system. So the pass wouldn't be valid there.
E.g in CA: http://www.parks.ca.gov/parkindex/region_info.asp?id=4&tab=1

have fun
Siggi

I can confirm and endorse the OP comment... It is a sensational bargain.

I picked mine up in Denali when I passed through Alaska.

25 National Parks and 12,107 miles later as I exited Shennandoah National Park on the final leg to New York later on that trip and i didn't even have to do the maths to know it was a fantastic bargain...

It was still valid this year when I returned to ride round Moab...

You can't buy it as an "alien" before your trip - i tried that - but you can buy it at the entrance of what is your first park visited...

Thanks Sigster andf I think one ticket may cover a couple of bikes and I'll have a real dig into it.

Oy Simon, who are you calling aliens:augie

Bilco - I couldn't get 2 vehicles in on 1 pass when Susie was with me...

They allowed the pass to be applied to the more expensive car, and charged me for the bike...

But try as i might at the "bigger, more famous parks" I couldn't wrangle a 2 for the price of 1 entry !!

Here is the quote from the official site http://store.usgs.gov/pass/general.html so I'm hoping it's still valid:

# How is the new Annual pass different from the former National Parks Pass and Golden Eagle Passport?

* Passes are validated at the time of purchase (not at time of first use).
* Passes allow 3 adults in with pass owner (where per person fees are charged). Note: adults don't have to be related to one another.
* The pass has two signature lines, and the signers don't need to be related to one another.
* The Annual Pass permits two motorcycles to enter on one Annual Pass.

Will have to use the old charm offensive if not:augie

As I said - I was on my bike and Susie was in the Mustang... That's probably why i couldn't get the rules bent...

If the rules allow a couple of bikers through you can follow the rules and save your endless reserves of charm for other scenarios Bilco... :augie

Back
Top Bottom