Tossers-on-Tour: The BIG one - 2005

Mr Masters,

If my memory serves me right and given your age mine should be more reliable, we were waiting for Matt and Sharon who apparently had overslept :sleep Not to mention Gary who was also :barf.

Yeh well i'm sure i had a good time:drinkinpa
Lucy xx

I am interested. No need for ferry bookings justa quick ride up to wherever the ferry arrives. Let me know before the deadlines arrives please....

Oh God there are just too many places to go.

McSharry and his pheromones eh?

bob

Lucy said:
Mr Masters,

If my memory serves me right and given your age mine should be more reliable, we were waiting for Matt and Sharon who apparently had overslept :sleep Not to mention Gary who was also :barf.

Yeh well i'm sure i had a good time:drinkinpa

Lucy xx

Yeah, I knew that, but Matt had drunk enough to sink the Nimitz (so he had half an excuse) and Gary was late every morning - so no story there!

:duck:

Greg

Well i didnt drink that much,
and i can remember the young lady in question waving us out off the gate:D

so all i can say is the next time we are in poland first round is on me:beerjug:

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM VODKA :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

A word of warning on security

A few words of caution to you guys considering the Baltic trip. Some friends of mine have recently returned from a BMW organised Baltic tour and had this tale to tell. Some of the party had panniers broken into and various items stolen - including a helmet when staying at one of the hotels in the Baltic states - I think it may have been in Estonia. The bikes were parked in the hotel carpark which was supposedly secure (barrier access etc). Some of the group made the mistake of fitting their panniers, luggage etc to the bikes between getting up and having breakfast. In the time it took them to have breakfast the bikes were robbed. Fortunately my friends were not one of those robbed but they are convinced it was an inside job because the perpetrators had to know the gear was on the bike and the window of opportunity was available.

This was at a hotel that had been researched and validated by BMW. So take care out there and don't leave anything on the bikes when they are unattended.

although i can't join your group, i am still interested in the trip you're planning. can we talk about it?
catherine

i am a bit concerned about security and theft: a lot of people have told me i am taking the risk to have my bike stolen (a meager ER 500 kawa) and i could run into quite some rough spot where i'd be perfect target for muggers.

i tend not to be scared easily and not te believe such urban legends.

what is your take on security of people and belongings ?

thanks,
catherine

Go by your gut instinct..........

If it feels wrong, it probably is wrong.....if your hackles rise as you walk down a street, gtf out of it as soon as you can.......too many people don't listen to or trust their instincts though.

Walk with your head up and with confidence and you won't appear to be a victim.......others walk around looking all timid and weak and they will be the targets.....muggers etc are cowardly.

As for bike security, daisy chain them together so they can't lift them away seperately, and just be sensible....park near lights, front doors etc.

Ultimately, don't take anything that you can't afford to lose....but get out there and enjpy it all!

i thought you lads were the long distance touring champs:D
those people on the little baby bumby f650
as touring this year
Total millage is about 5500kl, in 10 days riding
:D
The trip will leave from Hull in the Uk to Rotterdam.from here we head for Berlin, with a stop over on the outskirts.
From Berlin we head south east to Prague, in Czech Republic, then north east to Warsaw ,in Poland. from here into Lithuania, then onto Latvia keeping to the Baltic coast,up into Estonia,

At Tallinn we catch the Ferry over to Helsinki in Finland.
from here we head North west to Oulu through the heart of Finland.
here we hug the coast round to Sweden.
Then we head South east to Trondheim in Norway,and then we catch the Ferry home from Bergen

:(
so come on peeps wot about an increase in distance :rolleyes:
lol:D :D :D :D :D

Please dont worry about getting stuff nicked in any part of europe.
Over the past 20 years I have been riding through, Europe,and morocco,and the States, and to be honest Ive had more things nicked in.........................................................Fecking England .

just be smart.I dont ware a watch or jewellery.
I have a wallet in my pocket with a small amount of money in it ,That way if i did get held up,i would hand that over, i dont think they would hang around to look for my stash of cash.
Never park your bike in the same place twice, if more than one of you are traveling ,then one always stays with the bike, the other does the bringing the things down from your room.
Pay extra attention at filling stations, anything lose on the bike is a east target,and if they grab it and jump into a car,they are well on there way,and your still inside paying.
remember not everyone in the world wants to be your friend,if you think they are asking to many questions about where your heading ,tell them a little white lie.never tell them where you intend to spend the next night.
lots of Hotels are cheap once outside western Europe,and if you offer them what to them is a lot of money they will find you somewhere inside the hotel to lock your bike in.Ie in Morocco,we paid about £5 a night for a room,and a extre £3,to lock the bikes in the KITCHEN ,It may be alot to them but well worth paying to have your bike safe.

if you want to know anything else ,please ask...:beerjug: Dazzer.

thanks for the GREAT advice! very sound, very streetwise, more or less what i always do, except i never thought of paying a bit extra to secure the bikes in a locked room :)
what's your middle name? Lifesaver? ;)

:cool: :cool: Catherine:cool: :cool:

wedgie said:
i thought you lads were the long distance touring champs:D
those people on the little baby bumby f650
as touring this year
Total millage is about 5500kl, in 10 days riding
:D
The trip will leave from Hull in the Uk to Rotterdam.from here we head for Berlin, with a stop over on the outskirts.
From Berlin we head south east to Prague, in Czech Republic, then north east to Warsaw ,in Poland. from here into Lithuania, then onto Latvia keeping to the Baltic coast,up into Estonia,

At Tallinn we catch the Ferry over to Helsinki in Finland.
from here we head North west to Oulu through the heart of Finland.
here we hug the coast round to Sweden.
Then we head South east to Trondheim in Norway,and then we catch the Ferry home from Bergen

:(
so come on peeps wot about an increase in distance :rolleyes:
lol:D :D :D :D :D

Hi Wedgie!

Did I told you I have a friend in Vilnius, Lithuania?
He is from Norway, riding a Scarver, and I'm sure he is going to be happy if you have a pint with him! :beerjug:

I'll send him a link to this page!

:) Liv.

Liv said:
Did I told you I have a friend in Vilnius, Lithuania?

The Tossers staying in Vilnius!!

How good a friend is he??

:confused:

Is he like you??

:eek:

Greg

Hi Greg!

My friend in Vilnius:
He is not like me! He is unique, and so am I! :)
There may be a lot of tossers in Lithuania, but Rolf is not a tosser!

He is a Norwegian man, married to a woman in Vilnuis, and he ride one of his bikes over here two times a year.
He rides a Dnepr sidecar and a Scarver.

I liked him from the first time I saw him, and from the e-mails.
We found each other in the website The Chain Gang and started to send e-mails.

Last year I started Club Scarver, and he's the ''office'' in Lithuania!

I'm 100% sure he really would love to meet you guys!

I'll send him a link to this thread!

:) Liv.

Back
Top Bottom