BMW Tank Bag for GS

Motorworks Magnetic Tank Bag

Don't know about the BMW tank bag but I recently bought the Motorworks Magnetic tank bag to replace the crap Wunderlich one.

The Motorworks TB fits the GS very well and comes with small but powerful magnets and a strap to go around the yoke. I've never needed to use the strap (except to loop the bag over my shoulder off the bike) as the magnets are so good. Very quick and easy to take on and off the bike. The only feature it doesn't have over the competition is the two side pockets like on the Wunderlich,bmw and touratech bags. Other than that it's a great bit of kit.

The wunderlich bag was poor. The strapping gets caught in the steering lock and eventually the velcro under the seat came away.

Andrew C

I like my BWM Tank Bag........but it was a bit ott at UK prices...

CC

:cool:

I asked as I am in the market for a new tankbag, and am trying to decide between TT, Bagster and BMW.... and there's a BMW one for sale in an Ebay Shop in Germany at a fair loking price (at the mo!)

I had the BMW tank bag last year, but sold it so I could afford to buy the ali top box. I've just come back from a 3100 mile trip to Austria, and really missed it when fiddling about at tunnel terminals, toll booths etc. - it's a handy place for change, tickets, somewhere to put your gloves etc. I think the BMW bag IS expensive, but then again, what BM gear isn't, and it's certainly easy to take on & off the bike.

Regards,

Charles

Cheers Sugar-Ray. I got back a week ago from along trip to Czech and Austria and used my Oxford magnetic bag. This is good but is designed for long flattish tanks and doesn't fit too wel on the GS, but the side pockets and map pocket are reasonable.

I liked the look of the TT bag as the map pocket looks like you can get a Michelin folded to show two segments that doesn't work in the Oxford. And this is worse since they glued that f*cking cardboard cover on to the maps!

Iv'e a Bm tank bag that I have used for the last 3 years, fits dead easy and refueling is not a problem, strange shape to a lot of tank bags more tall than anything.
Works as a good wind deflector and somewere to lean on for the blast down the Autoban but try not to fall asleep

Back
Top Bottom