Camping in lakes with off road 29&30th May

Lakes

Like the idea of option 3 stevo, but the forecast looks poor and dont fancy the idea of ridin round in the pissing rain, feck am sounding like a soft southerner

Like the idea of option 3 stevo, but the forecast looks poor and dont fancy the idea of ridin round in the pissing rain, feck am sounding like a soft southerner

I believe we have a landy at our disposal...

Quick updated list - wow this should be good! - Correct me if I missed anyone or if anyone cant make it..

Stevie73
Doc Savage (meeting up Sat. pm after clay shooting)
Rudiemoto (4x4)
Fireman
Tarry
Gavbo
Yoz
MellySenior
Stretchamus
gzpainter (hoping to cross our paths Sat.?)
philzafuka (possibly)
and myself

..So 12 in total!

Campsite if anyone needs the location is:

Lanefoot Farm
Thornthwaite
Keswick
CA12 5RZ

£8.50 / night

(They ask that you call at the white farmhouse on arriving).

Seeing as I am only part time (Not Camping) I am going to give this one a miss.

Hope the weather gods are al lot kinder to you Guys than Met Check is predicting in Keswick on Sat.

Best regards Stretchamus (Alias Wimpamus)
PS will try much harder when I get my Camping Gear. :)

Hope the weather gods are al lot kinder to you Guys than Met Check is predicting in Keswick on Sat.

Hi Stretchamus
You know your going to miss a good time:beer:

Dakardude and i both live in the Preston area; why don't we meet up sometime:thumb2

<iframe src="http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/338/Next3DaysEmbed.xhtml?target=_parent" allowTransparency="true" width="306" height="435" frameborder="0">You must have a browser that supports iframes to view the BBC weather forecast</iframe>

Not good enough Stretch. We'll see you at 09:15 at the Trout. No excuses. :)

Hi Stretchamus
You know your going to miss a good time:beer:

Dakardude and i both live in the Preston area; why don't we meet up sometime:thumb2

Thank you kind Sir's for your social generosity. :thumb2

I would have come down to the Trout @ 9:15 just to meet you Guys and say hello, however, since my initial decision to wimp out, I have been asked to work Sat. and have accepted:eek::confused:

I know from previous piccys you Guys are going to have a Great time whatever the weather gods chuck at you :beerjug:

Best regards Stretch :)
PS will be watching the N. West threads for the next trip.

Latest weather (Beeb) showing it to be wet Saturday, but Sunday/Monday much better and dry.

..We're a day early - everyone still up for it Saturday?

Latest weather (Beeb) showing it to be wet Saturday, but Sunday/Monday much better and dry.

..We're a day early - everyone still up for it Saturday?

yep; JD & plastic tumblers ready; i'll probably stop over till Monday anyhow (although will still ride out Sunday with everyone):thumb2

i think the weather improves as afternoon/evening comes on

yep; JD & plastic tumblers ready; i'll probably stop over till Monday anyhow (although will still ride out Sunday with everyone):thumb2

i think the weather improves as afternoon/evening comes on

Good one - I think I'm up for staying over the Sunday aswell, sounds a good plan - we'll get a dry night Sunday after a dry rideout during the day. Monday is also good.

Rain tomorrow is "light" but at times heavy from early Sat until approx 17:00 Sat. then it eases right off for the night.

Bike prepped and ready tonight - see you at the Trout at 09:15 Melly and the rest of you at 09:30! :):):)

Last edited:
Lakes

All packed just getting me waterproofs ready:blast see you all later:thumb

Back
Top Bottom