Fireman - Fire Chief & safety officer
Tarry - Posh scouser & thief
Gavbo - Fire starter
Yoz - lesbo detector
Dakar dude - sheep herder
Melly Senior - Chicken herder

Is that it? Anybody else coming along?

The plan is:

Saturday - great roads up through lancashire and yorkshire into the lakes & Keswick.

Saturday night - big barbecue and piss up at the camp site, with nightcaps in the pub for those left standing, and a late night camp fire.

Sunday - plenty of coffee and a big slap up breakfast before heading off into the lakes to ride the passes and take in the scenery...:D

Roll call....

Stevie73 - Navigator
Doc Savage - Co-ordinator
Rudiemoto - Logistics
Beerhunter - Beer Tester
Gavbo - Fire starter
Yoz - lesbo detector

:( Can't make this one Stevie.

I'm working nights Sat & Sun but as it rolls into a Bank Holiday I get time & a half off my bank of hours owed.

Roll call....

Stevie73 - Navigator
Doc Savage - Co-ordinator
Rudiemoto - Logistics
Beerhunter - ministry of balance
Gavbo - Fire starter
Yoz - lesbo detector

Is that it? Anybody else coming along?

me, and mattw.....possibly :D

wot time are the non off road contingent meeting and where ?
I may have to meet yaz there...:rolleyes: wot camp site?
:beerjug:

Phil, that'd be fecking great if you's could make it...:D

Here's the camp site

http://www.stayinthornthwaite.co.uk/

Suggest we all meet at Haydock Island at the Shell garage on the East Lancs Road (A580) J23 off the M6 at 9am on Saturday 29th. We can pick up Dakardude at the Tickled trout at 9:30

Phil, that'd be fecking great if you's could make it...:D

Here's the camp site

http://www.stayinthornthwaite.co.uk/

Suggest we all meet at Haydock Island at the Shell garage on the East Lancs Road (A580) J23 off the M6 at 9am on Saturday 29th. We can pick up Dakardude at the Tickled trout at 9:30

Perfect :thumb2 - I will be there at the Tickled Trout for 09:30 - lets hope the weather is good.

Checked all my camping gear in readiness last night - all set.

Just checked the campsite website re. the tariff:

"Minimum of 2 nights for a pitch booking, except over Bank Holiday weekends when a minimum of 3 nights can be booked. "

Per adult per night low season £7.50
Per adult per night high season £8.50

..spotted it also says "Sorry, No Groups." - I guess that's boll*x and we'll be fine?

Last edited:
Perfect :thumb2 - I will be there at the Tickled Trout for 09:30 - lets hope the weather is good.

Checked all my camping gear in readiness last night - all set.

Just checked the campsite website re. the tariff:

"Minimum of 2 nights for a pitch booking, except over Bank Holiday weekends when a minimum of 3 nights can be booked. "

Per adult per night low season £7.50
Per adult per night high season £8.50

..spotted it also says "Sorry, No Groups." - I guess that's boll*x and we'll be fine?

BUGGER!! Didn't see the minimum 3 nights thing...makes it a bit steep for one nights camping...as for the group thing. We've been a few times and never had any problems..I'll give em a call and see what I can sort out...

I can't make it I'm afraid - dad's retirement party that weekend :(

BUGGER!! Didn't see the minimum 3 nights thing...makes it a bit steep for one nights camping...as for the group thing. We've been a few times and never had any problems..I'll give em a call and see what I can sort out...

Not to worry, I must admit I only spotted it by chance - I bet they will be OK with it if there are enough of us staying the one night?

Be a shame not to stay there, looks the business! :thumb2

Dakardude dont get your hopes up to high about this site lets just say its a field a toilet and its close to the pub:thumb but bonus you can have a fire in the field.But bet you have the best laugh you have ever had camping:beerjug:.Steve,Jon call you saturday to meet up somewhere in the lakes Gav

Dakardude dont get your hopes up to high about this site lets just say its a field a toilet and its close to the pub:thumb but bonus you can have a fire in the field.But bet you have the best laugh you have ever had camping:beerjug:.Steve,Jon call you saturday to meet up somewhere in the lakes Gav

The campsite has got a lot better since we were last there - new showers and washing area - little shop...

not that anyone uses them:drool

Back
Top Bottom