Camping in lakes with off road 29&30th May

Stevie73

Reaction score
Probably going camping on the 29th & 30th in the lakes because I love it up there!!:thumb:D Obviously weather dependant, but intend to take in 4 green lanes on the way up. Salter Fell, about 8 miles long. Another lane near Slaidburn about 1 mile long, a short lane near Caton, and the old coach road near Keswick which is about 4 miles long and similar to salter fell. They're all doable fully loaded with a bit of care, but nobblies are a must. I'd say if you haven't ridden off road before, then with the bikes loaded up, this isn't for you.

If anyone fancied coming along, but doesn't want to do the lanes, then they can ride the route upto Slaidburn and meet us at Caton cafe after we've done the off road bits, from Caton we'll head up to the lakes on some lovely roads and do a nice loop of the passes. Once in Keswick, the off roaders can take in the coach road before getting to the camp site.....

Let me know who's up for this, and we can keep an eye on the weather nearer the time....:thumb

Steve

absolutly gutted :(:( i was on my days off to. instead i will be off work from now for a while. apperanly i've just had a heart attack!!!!. so i cant drive/ride for at least a month. lease do R.R. CHEERS john

Bloody Hell John!! That's not good mate :eek:

Take it easy cocka, I'm not subscribed so can't pm ya

Pugs that's bad news mate. Keep yourself well and get fit for the next one then.

Take care...

Steve

Atttack

absolutly gutted :(:( i was on my days off to. instead i will be off work from now for a while. apperanly i've just had a heart attack!!!!. so i cant drive/ride for at least a month. lease do R.R. CHEERS john

Sorry to hear that pugs:eek: you looked fit as a fiddle when i spoke to you at the windmill, take it easy and will catch you for a rideout later on in the summer:thumb

count me on this one Steve. I have to come to see if what i have heard is true "that you ride like a girl"
Have the weekend off for a change so have to make the most of it.

count me on this one Steve. I have to come to see if what i have heard is true "that you ride like a girl"
Have the weekend off for a change so have to make the most of it.
:( It's true!! I'm a lady don't you know...

:thumb2Me and Yoz are on our way back from the highlands:flag that weekend so will stop and camp and beer :beer:on the saturday night if thats ok let us know what site your planning on staying at (the one where we had the fire was cool nice stroll to the pub)

Doc savage on road riding

If you like I'll lead the on road portions whilst you go and get muddy with the rufty tufties, put me down for camping.

Would like to join you for the on-road parts and camping if that's good with you guys?

The more the merrier...let's keep an eye on the weather.

Jon, good idea mate, what we can do is meet at Caton butty stop. For the off road ride, we can set off an hour before the road group in the morning. That should mean that we'd get to Caton around the same time, then all do a nice loop in the lakes together...

Anyway, we can sort minor details out nearer the time...

Thanks for the text Stevie, yea I saw this & I'm looking to get cover in work 'cos I should be working that weekend.
I'll get back to you. (tbh, I owe too many hours & it doesn't look good - especially as I'm taking 3 weeks off at the end of July)

The road sections on last year's ride were fantastic! :thumb2

-0050Medium.jpg

Thanks for the text Stevie, yea I saw this & I'm looking to get cover in work 'cos I should be working that weekend.
I'll get back to you. (tbh, I owe too many hours & it doesn't look good - especially as I'm taking 3 weeks off at the end of July)

The road sections on last year's ride were fantastic! :thumb2

-0050Medium.jpg

Hope you can make it........we missed you at the last one....

The more the merrier...let's keep an eye on the weather.

Jon, good idea mate, what we can do is meet at Caton butty stop. For the off road ride, we can set off an hour before the road group in the morning. That should mean that we'd get to Caton around the same time, then all do a nice loop in the lakes together...

Anyway, we can sort minor details out nearer the time...

Great stuff - fingers crossed on the weather! :)

Stevi,
last time you went camping you talked about disposable bbq,s did it work out ok or should i contact my army mates and order my m.o.d rations, just like to pre plan things. also is it ok being a shandy drinker?
think my liver is fooked after my extended stay in lanzarote.

Probably going camping on the 29th & 30th in the lakes because I love it up there!!:thumb:D Obviously weather dependant, but intend to take in 4 green lanes on the way up. Salter Fell, about 8 miles long. Another lane near Slaidburn about 1 mile long, a short lane near Caton, and the old coach road near Keswick which is about 4 miles long and similar to salter fell. They're all doable fully loaded with a bit of care, but nobblies are a must. I'd say if you haven't ridden off road before, then with the bikes loaded up, this isn't for you.

If anyone fancied coming along, but doesn't want to do the lanes, then they can ride the route upto Slaidburn and meet us at Caton cafe after we've done the off road bits, from Caton we'll head up to the lakes on some lovely roads and do a nice loop of the passes. Once in Keswick, the off roaders can take in the coach road before getting to the camp site.....

Let me know who's up for this, and we can keep an eye on the weather nearer the time....:thumb

Steve

hhhmmmm wll have to check the diary:thumb

Stevi,
last time you went camping you talked about disposable bbq,s did it work out ok or should i contact my army mates and order my m.o.d rations, just like to pre plan things. also is it ok being a shandy drinker?
think my liver is fooked after my extended stay in lanzarote.

Faggot shandy drinker!!!??:eek::eek:

LOL! Drink what you want mate....no obligation to get blind drunk like the rest of us, and fall in the camp fire like a certain member of this parish....:augie

I think the BBQ thing is a top idea. To be honest, I'd be more than happy having a load of beer at the camp site instead of the pub....

Finn, hope you can make it...:thumb

steve
i will be going in 4x4 to the camp site so i will bring bbq
and goose ,hare ,rabbits,duck,:augie
oh and beer:blast
IMG00114-20100411-1724.jpg

IMG00203-20100504-2133.jpg
or should i come on a trade in rs125 my be you can keep up den:hide

Back
Top Bottom