Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Post your weather forecast for the weekend here

Unhappy Post your weather forecast for the weekend here

Looks like it hasn't changed since last year to me

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    It will be cold and will piss down..... there, you have it and its statistically proven to be correct taking into account the last 50 years weather in the UK
    R100GS PD 1993
    Moto Guzzi 1200 Sport 2010
    Triumph 900 Scrambler 2014
    Yamaha Delight 115 Scooter 2013

Citroen DS3 120lux 2015
    Knaus Sun Ti 650 MG 2017

20c and sunny with a light southerly wind
    Dont knock on my door.

1100 Rider Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    If you can see the other side of the valley its going to rain, if you cannot see the other side of the valley it already is

Stewart
    Old Stew
    Canbus fluid degausser hire PM me .
    You cant "Dust" for vomit

I should change this Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Glorious sunshine for me please. Or just dry will do nicely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronno View Post
    Then I remembered. He doesn't ride a GS. Therefore he aint at the sharp end of Dudeness...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wapping View Post
    'Where there's offence, there's brass'

It's May.

It's Wales.

It'll rain.

The End.

2008 R1200GSA
    "Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much" Oscar Wilde
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe"Albert Einstein
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius, and a lot of courage, to move in the opposite direction."Albert Einstein

One advantage of staying in the hotel over a tent is that you get some chance of drying stuff off. Looks damned parky for May too, might need to sort out some way of running my heated jacket without the canbus turning it off every few miles.

anything is better than last year. brrrrr
    Onward and Upward
    2015 R1200GS TE
    2014 BMW 800 GSA T (PX)
    2012 1200 GS in Silver (PX)
    Bandit 600 03 (Sold)
    KTM 400 EXC 07(sold)
    KTM 690E 2010(sold)
    KTM 400 EXC 05 (sold)
    DRZ 400 S K3 (Sold)
    1200GS 2 1/2 years (sold)
    Dakar 650 P/X for the 1200
    DR350 (sold)

Im considering changing my plans given the weather, you tend to miss out on so much fun staying in a warm dry bed with an on suite and actual dry carpet on the floor. Plus you miss out on carting all the camping paraphernalia around. Who needs a bar downstairs when you can have sheep shit for stepping stones across the mud.
    Dont knock on my door.

Son of Ah Knah Yee Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by WOODY View Post
    Im considering changing my plans given the weather, you tend to miss out on so much fun staying in a warm dry bed with an on suite and actual dry carpet on the floor. Plus you miss out on carting all the camping paraphernalia around. Who needs a bar downstairs when you can have sheep shit for stepping stones across the mud.
    Have the best of both worlds: Cart all your camping gear down there .... and book into a room because you're feckin' soaked....

PUI since 2004

[url=https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

2008 R1200GSA
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe"Albert Einstein
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius, and a lot of courage, to move in the opposite direction."Albert Einstein

28-32 degrees with occasional showers.

What a waste. Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by WOODY View Post
    Don't forget the unadulterated pleasure of cooking your breakfast on a single gas burner as the pure welsh rain dribbles down the back of your neck, and then sitting in your tent porch with your chin on your knees with a plastic plate full of deeply fried items, as the kettle takes 20 minutes to boil for a cup of tea. And the washing up of cutlery is an experience not to be missed.

All that ray mears back to nature stuff beats the hell out of the hotel experience of walking downstairs in your dressing gown and slippers (after a piping hot shower), sitting at a table with a fresh orange juice and a cup of tea while flicking through that days papers after perusing the breakfast menu. Like being in a noel coward play.
    And putting your bike gear on in the warm hotel lobby before going out in the rain, phaa, thats for wimps.
    All your BMW servicing needs at the .gsshop.biz, including 1200 models

Recommended as an "excellent independant" in Ride magazine 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by Steptoe View Post
    Don't forget the unadulterated pleasure of cooking your breakfast on a single gas burner as the pure welsh rain dribbles down the back of your neck, and then sitting in your tent porch with your chin on your knees with a plastic plate full of deeply fried items, as the kettle takes 20 minutes to boil for a cup of tea. And the washing up of cutlery is an experience not to be missed.

All that ray mears back to nature stuff beats the hell out of the hotel experience of walking downstairs in your dressing gown and slippers (after a piping hot shower), sitting at a table with a fresh orange juice and a cup of tea while flicking through that days papers after perusing the breakfast menu. Like being in a noel coward play.
    And putting your bike gear on in the warm hotel lobby before going out in the rain, phaa, thats for wimps.
    Remember that this is at The Hand......

So, you'll wake up in a run down pokey room, with a luke warm shower, and back ache from a mattress that's almost as old as the hotel.

You'll have long walk down tired corridors and creaky staircases.

You'll have to pass through the bar, unsticking your feet from the carpet with every step.

Finally you've made it to the dining room where a helpful but hopeless Polish teenager will point you at limp tastlesss bacon and toast that went cold several hours earlier.....

Let's face it, it's hardly the Ritz.......

Still - It'll be great at my B&B
    2008 R1200GSA

What a waste. Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Toad View Post
    Still - It'll be great at my B&B
    Is that the one run by the brother and sister who sleep in the same room, and own a dog which has the brownist arse in the world.

Make sure they wash their hands before cooking the breakfast.
    All your BMW servicing needs at the .gsshop.biz, including 1200 models

Recommended as an "excellent independant" in Ride magazine 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by Steptoe View Post
    Is that the one run by the brother and sister who sleep in the same room, and own a dog which has the brownist arse in the world.

Make sure they wash their hands before cooking the breakfast.
    That picture is a Kodak moment......etched in my mind forever...perfect and priceless
    Dont knock on my door.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast