Where to park in Cardiff

EggChaser

Reaction score
Where's good to park in bike within walking distance of the City Centre/Millennium Stadium - and what's the best route into the location

Have read that

1. Junction of Westgate St & Wood St opposite the bus station - but not on a match day

2. Charles St

3. The Hayes

4. Outside City Hall on the corner of Gorsedd Gardens Road and Kind Edward
VII Ave.

5. Next to the Station

are all possible options - any others.

EDIT: Just found this too: http://www.mag-foundation.org/Parking/Wales.php

Last edited:
Silly Question. Are you going on a match day or not! and for how long are you planning to leave it? And coming in from what direction?
A bike parking BayWinsdor Place is where I normally leave mine. There is a Weatherspoons called the Central Bar on the other side of the road Postcode CF10 3BW, its about a 10 minute walk to the Stadium and right in the middle of town :thumb2
There is a bike parking bay on Wesgate Street, right opp the Stadium too, which is also good.
These are the only two I really use. There has been a lot of restructering of bus stops etc, so some of the usual ones you have listed my not be inuse any more. (No's 2,3 and 5 may be gone. No1 has gone, but you can still park on the Pavement, opp Army/Navy office at your peril on a match day, I never new there was one by the City Hall, saying that its right next to the rossers HQ, so I wouldn't go near it anyway :augie )
HTH's

Being a good boy, I'd use the one next to City Hall as I'd be coming in via North Road.

For certain events, they restrict access to the parking around City Hall, using it for buses or VIPs. In that case, ride between the bollards from Boulevard de Nantes.
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?cid=1...4452,-3.179123&spn=0.000566,0.001206&t=h&z=20

There are bicycle hoops actually outside the cop shop on King Edward VII Avenue which some motorcyclists use, if you are really paranoid about theft.

The other place, just across the river from the Millenium Stadium is the yard behind Hein Gericke. Allegedly has CCTV.

The other place, just across the river from the Millenium Stadium is the yard behind Hein Gericke. Allegedly has CCTV.

I was in there once, and a car had just been done :eek: the cheeky feckers know that the CCTV picture is shite and do cars there quite often (according to the last manager AKA Mouse) Mind you saying that it is right next to the Probation offices :D
Churchill way also HAD some bike spaces. Or leave it in Riders shop front and taxi it from there, about 2 miles max!

It will be a match day and will be coming in (most likely) from Eastern Avenue off the M4.

Currently not sure going on the bike is a good idea so at the moment it is just a feasibiity study - might take a trip over there to survey if I get chance.

Would be nice to be able to filter through any traffic to get away afterwards so bike is prefered choice of travel in one way.

Thanks for responses so far.

The top of Churchill Way has a large bike park area and is easy to access.

There is a car park exit right opposite the main entrance to the Millenium Stadium where we all park between the bollards on Speedway GP weekend. It's just up from the station.:D

I usually use Westgate St (opp millenium stadium) or Churchill Way depending on which end of town I'm going to I've also noticed the one on the Hayes, that'll complete the Cardiff triangle.
In the past I was offered to leave my bike in Hein Gericke whilst I walked into town, but I'm not sure if that would be the norm.

I always park at the back of John Lewis. Follow the signs for "Customer Pick Up" and you will find lots of bikes parked up opposite the Tesco metro on the edge of the pedestrian area - secure and CCTV covered

Hein Gericke no longer there obviously - otherwise I'd still be tempted to park in the Civic Centre near the police station or City Hall as it is easy to get to and get from after a match, Park too close to the stadium on a game day and you will have to dodge the pedestrians - walk an extra 10 minutes and get away easily.

Back
Top Bottom