Thread: Bike bits from Sherlocks

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Bike bits from Sherlocks

For anyone who needs bits for their bike over the weekend, they can be ordered from Sherlocks as they are close to here.

If you like, you can order the bits direct from Sherlocks and I can collect the orders in my car to save on having the bits posted to your home and then having to bring them on your bike.

We plan on having a ride out to Sherlocks in South Moltan as its a great road from here to there.

Last year Pete from Sherlocks came along and also brought any last minute items that people needed but it is obviously easier if bits are ordered in advance incase anything is out of stock.

They can supply the service kits for all airheads and have the correct spec oils as well.

Please let us know if anyone is planning any major jobs so that we can ensure that we have all the right tools needed.

Cheers

Sid

This is a great part of the weekend, last year we replaced my pushrod tubes, and did various other work on different bikes... this year I would like help wiring in some driving lamps.. and a power outlet, along with a full service and changing the fork oil

Quote Originally Posted by England-Kev View Post
    This is a great part of the weekend, last year we replaced my pushrod tubes, and did various other work on different bikes... this year I would like help wiring in some driving lamps.. and a power outlet, along with a full service and changing the fork oil
    I'm planning on doing the pushrod tubes on my R80 so will appreciate your help Kev.

Cheers

Sid

At the moment nothing specific needs to be done on my bike, but would be very keen just to watch and learn ;

how to set valve clearances,
    adjust/change final drive bearing etc (paralever),
    repair punctures on tubeless ( I have Plug 'n Go kit),
    set up and balance carbs (Mikunis)

So I'll be lurking around the bikes in bits !!!!!

Anyone setting up a Bring 'n Buy stall of used or surplus Airhead bits perhaps ?

Sounds like a great weekend, and a chance to meet the Gurus
    Kite Recording Studio
    www.kitestudio.co.uk

Thrower of cats at pigeons Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Chatterton View Post
    At the moment nothing specific needs to be done on my bike, but would be very keen just to watch and learn ;

how to set valve clearances,
    adjust/change final drive bearing etc (paralever),

repair punctures on tubeless (I have Plug 'n Go kit),

set up and balance carbs (Mikunis)

So I'll be lurking around the bikes in bits !!!!!

Anyone setting up a Bring 'n Buy stall of used or surplus Airhead bits perhaps ?

Sounds like a great weekend, and a chance to meet the Gurus

I've done a few tyre plugs, so I can talk you through it if you like Roger

If someone reminds me I'll bring a gash tyre down you can practice on (it might be a car tyre, but the principle is the same).

Sid, do you want me to bring my tyre leavers etc?

Val.
    You know!?, it's the people who live in the land that always seem to make it more beautiful than it already appears.

Quote Originally Posted by VAL. H. View Post
    I've done a few tyre plugs, so I can talk you through it if you like Roger

If someone reminds me I'll bring a gash tyre down you can practice on (it might be a car tyre, but the principle is the same).

Sid, do you want me to bring my tyre leavers etc?

Val.

Thanks Val
    Kite Recording Studio
    www.kitestudio.co.uk

Hey Sid have you informed Sherlocks of the arrangements as I've just tried to place an order and they (Peter) knows nothing about it.

Maybe the message hasn't got through to all the troops.

Is there a name we should ask for to hold our parts.

25 Mar 1949 - 10 Nov 2016 Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by PW Cymru View Post
    Hey Sid have you informed Sherlocks of the arrangements as I've just tried to place an order and they (Peter) knows nothing about it.

Maybe the message hasn't got through to all the troops.

Is there a name we should ask for to hold our parts.
    All cleared up now
    I think Peter was doing a "wind up"
    Sid will be collecting ALL parts ordered for the weekend if you require him to

James is looking forward to attending in person as well

Thanks Proff,

Ill try again tomorrow