Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pumpys ride

Pumpys ride

Thanks to Pumpy and Possu for leading and keeping up all going all day
    Pics linky here will try to work out the videos soon sorry Tina but has to be done)
    http://www.photobox.co.uk/album/376923000

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

A great day out on the trails is always fun but a lovely bunch of people makes it all the better. Thanks everyone, especially Pumpy for the planning and leading and Possum for making sure we all made it through.

Hope to see you all again, Andy

Great weekend, thanks all, had an awesome time. Special thanks to Pumpy and Possum for organising everything, you guys were amazing!

Had a good days riding, enjoyed meeting & riding with new people.

Brillant stuff guys, thanks to everyone for a really memorable day,especially Pumpy and Possu for orginising the trip and supporting us newbies. I think I'll keep the dirt on the bike for a couple more days, just for nostalgia. Looking forward to the next one!

That's short for Pumpernickel Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Thank you all for your company - I really enjoyed Saturday's ride and found it an absolute pleasure to watch our off road virgins improving from lane to lane. Well done, lads, keep up the good work!

Working on the photographic evidence now - watch this space...
    www.pumpernickelontour.com - Four months through South America on a DRZ

The pleasures of trail riding...

You have probably heard that pleasures can double when you share them with someone special? This principle also applies to trail riding...

Contrary to popular belief I actually enjoy spending quality time with my other half and so I was very happy when Possu agreed to take on tail-ender duties on the GSer ride and come to Llangollen with me.

After half a day's work we set off from Oxford on Friday afternoon and even managed the obligatory stop at a garden centre for some tea and Victoria Sponge Cake on the way up north

Saturday morning at The Hand we were welcomed by this more (to the right) or less pleasant (to the left) sight...

Sorry Paul, I know it's mean but I couldn't resist... How does Lu manage to look gorgeous regardless of how much of the cheap Wodka she has consumed the evening before, mmm?

The breakfast room wasn't exactly overcrowded that morning and only a few tough ones had successfully overcome the aftermath of Friday night's debauchery: Ash, Val H, Kleine Blumen and Shugie

In spite of the weather forecast, all my riders gathered in good spirits at the Market Street car park for 9:45 - left to right: Andres, Mark H-W, Tinatrim, Rsstler, Possu, Finn, Sarah Teach, Aidjay and Rowan

After a quick briefing and some road work via the Horseshoe Pass and Nant-y-Garth, we arrived at 'Miracle Lane' near Ruthin - Rowan

Mark - you wouldn't have noticed that it was his first day on the trails!

The sheep didn't seem impressed though...

What took you so long, Aidjay?

Now there's a clue...

Not sure if Tina was telling Andres or Sarah off here - probably both...

The next trail was 'Moel Famau' - and for quite a while it felt very lonely on top of the hill...

Oh brother, oh sister, where art thou?

Tina and Sarah came first - shall we carry on and turn this into a 'Dirty Girls' ride-out?

Aidjay was clearly chuffed about having conquered the mountain - on road tyres!

And here is Rsstler with his personal mountain-climbing-coach Possu

Even the sun came out to shine on Rowan and Finn

... and Sarah, Tina, Mark, Rsstler and Possu, too, of course

The third lane was 'Cilffordd Byway' - a nice combination of mud, roots, hedges, ruts and lose stone climbs which was going to be the watershed - would ALL riders in the group make it to the end of the trail?

Don't miss the next episode...

An excellent days riding in great company......thanks Ela and Possu
    Unfortunately i was too busy laughing, talking and picking my bike up that i didnt take many pics.
    Waiting for next installments.....keep them coming (This does not apply to Finn and his video)

'Don't mess with me' Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pumpy View Post
    The breakfast room wasn't exactly overcrowded that morning and only a few tough ones had successfully overcome the aftermath of Friday night's debauchery...
    The tough ones had had their breakfast and were already on the trail!

Greg
    Thomas! There's a mouse duck in the house!

Rowan

Many thanks

Many thanks to Steve and Ella for an excellent day out, thanks too to the GSers for the gathering, the 'talk to the Hand' session ended with the hotel staff going above the call of duty, did anyone else see that. Great trails and a great weekend. Cheers Rowan

videos

some here and there cant remember the lane

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Masters View Post
    The tough ones had had their breakfast and were already on the trail!
    Yeah, and they were already back by mid afternoon...

I thought our timing couldn't have been better - we started at 10 on the dot and were back at 17.00, missing most of the rain that morning, having time for breathers between the lanes and treating ourselves to a proper lunch break.

Had we have had more time, I'd only have felt obliged to do the more technical trails west of Ruthin - such as Efenechtyd, Pentre Potes and Cyffylliog Bridge - and that wouldn't have gone down well with our friends on Tourances...

On we go - the next lane was 'Cilffordd Byway' - or 'Byway Byway', as 'Cilffordd' does actually mean 'Byway' in Welsh...

On second thoughts, Tina wasn't too sure anymore that letting Mark ride her 1150 was such a good idea - considering that it was his first day on the trails...

I bet Aidjay was kicking himself by now why he hadn't bothered to read the small print about "TKC's or similar"...

At least Rsstler was sharing the same boat...

Look ahead, Andres! Don't stare at the stone under any circumstances or you will - - - too late!

And here emerges Tina's bike from the undergrowth - unscathed and with Mark still on it!

Rowan seemed really pleased that he wasn't riding a lardy GS - just a lardy KTM...

Oh dear, it's not even midday and Sarah is already on the Red Bull...

Coming down from Moel Arthur - Rowan

Mark - on his own bike again - followed by Finn and Andres

Btw, has anyone mentioned the fantastic views we had that day?

Despite the earlier doping, stunt monkey Sarah was on her best behaviour and even took on special gate duties on the "sharp-bend-with-the-nasty-drop" part of the lane...

On to the 'Clwydian Way' which was amazingly dry this time...

Still, I generously allowed the group a little breather...

You never know what's waiting around the next corner...

To be continued...

A Hoot! of a Day

Diolch yn fawr (Big Thanks) To both Ela and Steve for a well organsed day. Still grinning at the fun that was had. Looking forward to more of the same

A good read Ela - all those bikes to clean tho' guys!

looked fun!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast