Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pumpys ride

That's short for Pumpernickel Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    There is a special - some may call it strange - attraction between GSs, GSers and water. This means that every decent ride-out must incorporate at least one ford.

Happy to oblige, I led the group to the crossing of the River Alun - which can be treacherous at certain times of the year and especially after heavy rain...

This time, the ford looked pretty tame and Aidjay was already through before I could get the camera ready. Here comes Rsstler!

Rowan - the only one with his feet on the pegs, IIRC...

Mark's R100 didn't seem to be aware that the law about smoking in public places had changed since it was first registered - tss tss tss...

Tina fully focussed on the perfect line

Sarah showed us how to keep your boots dry...

And tail end Possu - what is all this sticking-out-your-feet-business about?

The last lane of the day was 'The Piggery'

... and where it crosses Offa's Dyke Pass, we stopped for a group photo - look nice!

Then it was down into the valley...

... and back to The Hand Hotel.

What a wonderful day - we were very lucky with the weather (which can be a real dealbreaker in this part of Wales), we enjoyed glorious trails, views and camaraderie, and I think everyone was pretty happy with their achievements eventually.

Heroes of the day: "Team Tourances" Aidjay & Rsstler. Well done, guys!

Thank you all for giving it a go, hanging in there, helping each other, and for making this ride-out such good fun!

Hope to see you soon again on the trails!

Ela
    www.pumpernickelontour.com - Four months through South America on a DRZ

videos

Forgot about these not very good but you get an idea 12 in all so will embed as they upload all from a little camera on the handlebar so sorry about quality and verbals

really bored by 12

r u bored yet

more vids

last ones

What videocam did you use & how did you mount it?

I've just bought a cheapo Oregon thing & had 1 play with it so far with mixed results - poor & bad.

Hi cheap £50 Oregon from aldi kept forgetting the on and off button it came with a mount for the bike if you look at of my pics of the bike you can see it stayed in place all day chewed a set of batteries but that's my fault for forgetting to turn on and off just left it on all day pressing when I remembered.

Quote Originally Posted by the beer hunter View Post

What videocam did you use & how did you mount it?

I've just bought a cheapo Oregon thing & had 1 play with it so far with mixed results - poor & bad.

Quote Originally Posted by finn View Post
    Hi cheap £50 Oregon from aldi kept forgetting the on and off button it came with a mount for the bike if you look at of my pics of the bike you can see it stayed in place all day chewed a set of batteries but that's my fault for forgetting to turn on and off just left it on all day pressing when I remembered.

I see it, same as mine.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123