BA Strikes

Sgt Bilco

Dream Maker
Mod Squad
Reaction score
It seems to cnuts at BA have decided to strike in June and will affect a few of us.

I've been trying to speak with them but they are busy and I haven't the time to hang on the phone all day. I've e-mailed them asking what happens....do they think the flight will go? Do they re-book us? Do we get our money back and have to go on another carrier?

I'll let you know if I get a response but it may be worth you guys affected to double check with them as well.

I'm feckin furious and any slight sympathy I may of had with them has gone and I've a mind to get down to Heathrow and give that union rep and right good kicking. Whist I'm there, I'll give Willie Walsh a right upper cut that he will remember because he's a cnut as well:mad:

I think I'm gonna cry:tears

We're flying from Gatwick and I think they said in the last strikes all the flights were as normal (by that we BA planes/crew or not)..

That or I'll be having a holiday break at Gatwick :tears :Motomartin

Wishing now that I'd gone ahead and riden out to Italy, grrr

I have a student at the mo who is BA crew. I will have a wee chat with her and see if I can get some info :thumb

Think of your blood pressure :comfort

:aidan

Think of your blood pressure :comfort

Blood pressure is Ok but I'm so pissed off that 18 months of hard work could be put at jeopardy by a bloody union:( It's been stressful enough organising the trip without this bollox!

I may need a nice sunday lunch to calm me down:augie

Blood pressure is Ok but I'm so pissed off that 18 months of hard work could be put at jeopardy by a bloody union:( It's been stressful enough organising the trip without this bollox!

I may need a nice sunday lunch to calm me down:augie

I understand your frustrations, what about me. I'm in line for 5 weeks of quietness and total ownership of the TV remote :blast

No bother, but don't be drinking with HWMBO :augie

still hoping that because we're at the back end of the strike that it won't come about, I can't honestly believe that the staff will be able to afford 20 days less pay with the benefits they would earn at the same time, I'm remaining relaxed for now, not going to chase BA as yet, give it a few days to see how this plays out.....the staff at BA are feckers, I'd dismiss them and tell them I would see them at an Industrial Tribunal, probably work out cheaper....:(

Gatwick longhaul flights should be totally unaffected as per last time.

Heathrow longhaul flights will hopefully operate at about 80% as per last strikes.

If the plan is the same,most 777 flights will go but there will be some cancellations,mainly on 747s.

San Fran is a 747 route but my guess is that because the strikes are for such a long period,they will alternate services.

Also there are many volunteer cabin crew trained up so you may be surprised at how many flights are relatively unaffected.

Also there are many volunteer cabin crew trained up so you may be surprised at how many flights are relatively unaffected.

Will you be serving the drinks?:ChrisKelly

Thanks for the info Arsey:thumb Had a long day at the coal face and that was news I didn't need but a cup of tea and a long chat with srace7 and all is well:D.

Do we get our money back and have to go on another carrier?

Financially, that's not an option for me. The price to book flights at this late stage with another carrier would be prohibitive as far as I am concerned.

I'm remaining relaxed for now, not going to chase BA as yet, give it a few days to see how this plays out.....

Same as that Paul.

Thankfully we have a few "spare" days built in to our trip, but hopefully we won't lose any of those.

Heathrow longhaul flights will hopefully operate at about 80% as per last strikes.

If the plan is the same,most 777 flights will go but there will be some cancellations,mainly on 747s.

San Fran is a 747 route but my guess is that because the strikes are for such a long period,they will alternate services.

Thanks for that Martin. :thumb2

Four or five of us will be flying from Heathrow on Monday June 7th, so hopefully we will get away. Plenty of time yet.

I was more worried about the ash clouds to be honest and have an alternative plan worked out to get from Ireland to Heathrow should it be needed. But hopefully that won't be needed either.

I'm hoping that Heathrow will be running broadly ok / just fine....still can't imagine that staff could afford to lose so much money, I know I couldn't I have a mortgage and stuff to pay

Financially, that's not an option for me. The price to book flights at this late stage with another carrier would be prohibitive as far as I am concerned.

Same as that Paul.

Thankfully we have a few "spare" days built in to our trip, but hopefully we won't lose any of those.

Thanks for that Martin. :thumb2

Four or five of us will be flying from Heathrow on Monday June 7th, so hopefully we will get away. Plenty of time yet.

I was more worried about the ash clouds to be honest and have an alternative plan worked out to get from Ireland to Heathrow should it be needed. But hopefully that won't be needed either.

Yes,the ash clod could scupper everything !!

Just been to Barbados and back.

Came back via long routing much further east than normal taking us almost to Cape Verde islands and then up past Tenerife etc.

Flew right over the ash cloud for a few hours

Sandy and I are flying with American Airlines, only 'cos it was the cheapest at the time (felt a bit unpatriotic too when we booked) and had thought the only worry was their flight record..... may just be a blessing in disguise though... having said that we go from Manchester and that shuts first and longest in England when the ash cloud comes over... so who knows?

Hope the news gets better for you guys on BA flights as we will get sooo lost without you! :)

Al

From the ba website this morning

Which flights will be affected during the strike?

Due to the excellent levels of support we have received from cabin crew based at London Gatwick, all flights to and from Gatwick will continue to operate as normal.

All flights to and from London City will also be unaffected.

At Heathrow we plan to operate a substantial part of our longhaul schedule and there will be a number of flights to every destination across our shorthaul network.

We are speaking to a number of carriers about leasing in extra aircraft to support our shorthaul schedule and also obtaining thousands of seats from other airlines to help our customers rebook if their original flight is cancelled.

In the event that cancellations are made due to strike action

You will be able to:

Rebook onto another British Airways flight to the same destination within 355 days of the original date of travel

OR

Rebook onto another British Airways flight to/from the nearest alternative airport (for example, if booked to/from Boston you could rebook to/from Philadelphia or New York)

OR

Rebook onto an agreed alternative airline, subject to availability.

OR

Cancel your booking and get a refund.

All rebooking options will be subject to availability.

from the BA site...information on when we will know about our flights

longhaul flights on the afternoon of Monday 31 May

They are back talking this evening so hope they all see a lttle sense:rolleyes:

Had a chat with BA yesterday and they are pretty well certain to be running the SF flights. Just have to call on 31st to check the schedule and go from there. :thumb

Back
Top Bottom