Thoughts on the 1150 after 2400 mile Tour

The more "Titty bars" the better, I say. :)

raginmund, I've never really analyzed my GS that much...except the "picking it up part."

Glad BMW fixed that one.

I just twist and go...sort of got used to the rest over time. Hope the bike likes me as much as I like it.

:thumb

Oh yes you are!:augie

Oh no I'm not......:comfort

I just think that as this is a mixed forum, let's keep it (reasonably) clean. I can swear at least as well as the next tosser, but there is a time and place where it is appropriate.

In a public place or amongst a mixed audience isn't the time or place...... Well it may be alright for you if you want to eff and blind and call the missus a c***, each to his own and it's none of my business what you do at home and maybe she likes you talking dirty and treating her accordingly, but I don't want my missus or kids reading it on here. :beerjug:

Been a while since I posted but I have to say I agree with Longdog. This is supposed to be a forum of like minded people. Sure people disagree with views and I have no problem with this as I am sure some people will disagree with my comments.

What I do object to is people becoming personal and insulting when they have probably not met the person.....for goodness sake there is enough anger and conflict in this world (and I have seen allot in former career) without bringing it into this forum.

As it happens I love my 1150 and wouldn't change it for the world...agree with some of the comments made and disagree with others....what I don't feel the need to do is go into a character assassination.

Agree, I am surprised at the level of abuse here and that a 'moderator' (!) has condoned part of the response.

Pannier liners, they're the future :thumb

Liners fert panniers, what wilst da think next....:D

Panniers wi liners in'em....Liners!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OTxL6DaOs74&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OTxL6DaOs74&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Well, after two years and a bit I sold the GS and the next owner is happy.

Loved, loved the bike.

I do hope kirky got some help :beerjug:

Well, after two years and a bit I sold the GS and the next owner is happy.

Loved, loved the bike.

I do hope kirky got some help :beerjug:

I liked your narrative, what have you replaced her with?

Your mate is beyond help I fear. That much hatred in such a small mind. tsk tsk.:rolleyes:

I liked your narrative, what have you replaced her with?

Your mate is beyond help I fear. That much hatred in such a small mind. tsk tsk.:rolleyes:

I now have a 2007 Versys; flat income and rising costs sent me the way of a bike that does 55-60mpg, insurance group 9, jap reliability, and still happily sits at 80-90mph.

It's a better bike than I expected tbh, but I will miss the torque, stability, and comfort of the GS.

Oh, and £20 bar risers from Jaws gave me better leverage and meant I didn't drop it..much.

I did 14,000 miles on the GS in the end, and only minor bits went wrong (throttle potentiometer, seat lock, and a head-light bulb).

Btw, this is what the tour was like in 100kph winds, sleet, and rain:

056.jpg

067.jpg

Back
Top Bottom