zip repair gizmo

ronnie69

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
not sure if I'm in the right place or not :nenau

I'm sure I've seen a thread on here about a handy dandy zip repair doofer - if your zip is goosed, you put this gizmo over the original and hey presto, yer zip is fully functional again.

I've had a good search but to no avail.

I'm looking to repair a leather jacket zip. Still functional but fiddly as part of it has come off.

Does this mean anything to anyone on here and, better still, can you remember the name of the product or the maker / seller of it or have a linky ? :comfort

If it is the pull tab that is broken like mine. I just used a zip tie through the ring that was still attached to the zip combiner cut to about an inch in length (if that make sense).

If the whole pull tab has gone try these

http://www.mandp.co.uk/productinfo/205100/Clothing-and-Helmets/Accessories/On-Two-Wheels

Thanks :thumb2 It does make sense and I've done some thing similar before, but in this case, there is nothing left on the zip 'runner' (IYSWIM) to attach anything to.

The linky you added isn't for the product I had in mind, but looks like it could do the job. I can't quite see how it fixes to the damaged runner, but it's got to be worth a punt. Nice one :clap :beerjug:

The gizmo I had in mind was a kind of oversized zip which attached completely over the original zip runner (IIRC) and kind of made it work even if the original runner didn't zip/unzip at all. I'm not even sure I need it on this job, but I'd like to know where to get one. Ring a bell with anyone else ?

I bought some of the zip repair things from Hein Greicke, TBH a paperclip works just as well.
Stewart

I bought some of the zip repair things from Hein Greicke, TBH a paperclip works just as well.
Stewart

Even better - the ring part from a keyring.

Thanks for replying. :thumb2

However, my problem is that there is nothing left on the front bit of the zip runner to fix a paperclip or keyring to. :(

Back
Top Bottom