report on my new schuberth c2

malc

Reaction score
I ordered my c2 from sherlocks on the day stated so no problems with delivery.
Ive done 300m in it now & my first impressions are its light all the vents work very well but not tried in the rain yet but cant steam the visor up any other way & its not noisy its quieter than my shoei xr 800 & the flip down sun visor is excellent why has no one done it b4?
so up 2 press i am very very happy with it i will keep you posted.

malc said:
I ordered my c2 from sherlocks on the day stated so no problems with delivery.
Ive done 300m in it now & my first impressions are its light all the vents work very well but not tried in the rain yet but cant steam the visor up any other way & its not noisy its quieter than my shoei xr 800 & the flip down sun visor is excellent why has no one done it b4?
so up 2 press i am very very happy with it i will keep you posted.

Got any photos or a link to more info?

Schuberth Aerodynamics

Morning fellow GSer`s
A note of caution regarding Schuberth visor design.
If like myself you prefer to ride with your visor up, breeze in face, then do not buy a Schuberth with the C2 visor arrangement. The designers have gone to great lengths to make these lids very aerodynamic for F1 drivers, BUT, only when the visor is fully closed. Can`t say I`ve ever seen Michael Schumacher driving around an F1 circuit with his visor up either. The GS screens create loads of turbulence, this combined with my concept lid, flimsy visor arrangement up, made for big wobbly head vibrations and blurry vision. Even more frustrating given the almost £300 price tag. My other gripe is that the over shoulder vision is reduced greatly due to the enormous chin piece.
I have bought a new lid now, BMW system standard jobbie. Very comfy, very light, very AeroD, good price and the visor, when up, rests at two points against the plastic spoiler arrangement to give extra support. No wobbly head or vibrating visor. Splendid.
It may just be because I`m a short arse as Malc seems to be happy with his but I thought I should tell you lot about my experience for what it`s worth.
:moped:

Re: Schuberth Aerodynamics

lukate said:
Morning fellow GSer`s
A note of caution regarding Schuberth visor design.
If like myself you prefer to ride with your visor up, breeze in face, then do not buy a Schuberth with the C2 visor arrangement. The designers have gone to great lengths to make these lids very aerodynamic for F1 drivers, BUT, only when the visor is fully closed. Can`t say I`ve ever seen Michael Schumacher driving around an F1 circuit with his visor up either. The GS screens create loads of turbulence, this combined with my concept lid, flimsy visor arrangement up, made for big wobbly head vibrations and blurry vision. Even more frustrating given the almost £300 price tag. My other gripe is that the over shoulder vision is reduced greatly due to the enormous chin piece.
I have bought a new lid now, BMW system standard jobbie. Very comfy, very light, very AeroD, good price and the visor, when up, rests at two points against the plastic spoiler arrangement to give extra support. No wobbly head or vibrating visor. Splendid.
It may just be because I`m a short arse as Malc seems to be happy with his but I thought I should tell you lot about my experience for what it`s worth.

Check out Tobinators to eliminate the buffeting problem. You may have found a helmet that helps, but to make your bike better, the Tobinators are the way to go.

Attachments

• tobinators.jpg
    tobinators.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 276
Tobinators

Thanks Bob,
I`ll look into tobinators. Do you need to buy a new screen to fit them?

schuberth C2

I own a 1150R with the touring bmw screen fitted & i have had no trouble at all im 6"2 & have used the helmet with the visor up to around 70 mph & had no trouble.
My dad has a GS & will be trying my lid as he is interested in buying one so I will let u know the out come.
I got mine from james sherlocks for £269 & I realised it was a bargain so I thought I would treat myself (again)
will keep u posted Malc

Re: Tobinators

lukate said:
`ll look into tobinators. Do you need to buy a new screen to fit them?

Tobinators - got them on my R1150GS and I'm in Cheddar like you. Feel free to pop round if you want to see them or give them a go. 07802 797486 - any time as I work from home.

b.t.w. Will be in Chew Magna on Tuesday but possibly not with 1150 as it is going in for some warranty work.

Mike

prices on c2 helmets

was in SPC last week and they are charging £50 for a C2 helmet, loots like Sherlocks is a much better price !

schuberth C2

Yes I thought that when I recived the email reply telling me how much it was cause the one I tried on was £350 so I was a bit too good to be true so I rang them to double check the price & model & it was right so I ordered one there & then. It came when promised & at that price & yes its a C2 without a doubt I put a post up in the bargain bit of this site so dont know if anyone else has bought one at that price or not cause I have not had any replies as yet my guess is that because they had only been out 3 week when I got mine (last bank holiday) sherlocks did not realise how much the retail was so priced to the old model & add a bit so I bet the price has gone up now.

A very happy Malc

Back
Top Bottom