Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Workshop is ready.

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

The Workshop is ready.

With Proff's help, we have got the workshop ready for the event.

We now have FOUR workstations including a super duper electric lift which my fireblade is on in photos. We have the two foot operated lifts and a smaller bike lift to the left.

We should have plenty of space to get all the jobs done over the weekend.

We have two compressors, welding gear, tons of tools and lots of other bits and bobs.

Really looking forward to it all now

looks good!!!

I'd buy an airhead if I could find one cheap enough just to come to the weekend!

From what I have read, it sounds a bit like a bikers nirvana... having a laugh with some good people and sharing years of expertise and knowledge helping people put bikes back together. Heck I bet many people would pay good money just to come and watch the bikes be fettled and fixed... not to mention learning a few tricks here and there.

Have a good weekend and I'm already waiting to see some photos!

25 Mar 1949 - 10 Nov 2016 Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Bloody hell it was hard work yesterday

The electric ramp is amazing. I've got the "cross lift" for it in my cars boot at the mo'....
    My other one [with monkey on it] may be for sale after the WeeKend, as I will not have room for both at Chateau Proff et Barb..

Only problem I'm going to have, is getting the 'leccy one back off Sid

So 4 bikes on lifts, plus several work stations all around, means a lot of work should be done

Plus lots of refreshing real Ale and Proper Apple juice to quench our thirsts

Sids right, we are REALLY looking forward to this years event, reacquainting ourselves with the gentlemen [and ladies] of the site and meeting others who will be attending for the first time...

Looks great.. wish I had a workshop half as good!
    Might have to have a go at adjusting the ate front brake whilst I'm there and have the aid of advice/guidence.. As however hard I try I just dont think I've got it at it's best!

North Wales TRF Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Ahhh bollox, I'm gutted I can't attend.......
    Hope it all goes well......

Timpo.

I picked up a scrap valeo starter today. Its knackered but if anyone is interested we could dismantle it and show those that dont yet know, how easy and cheap it can be to repair. I will bring it up if anyone is interested

25 Mar 1949 - 10 Nov 2016 Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by pastyman View Post
    I picked up a scrap valeo starter today. Its knackered but if anyone is interested we could dismantle it and show those that dont yet know, how easy and cheap it can be to repair. I will bring it up if anyone is interested
    Great idea Pastyman
    also have you got the cross ref of all the old froggy motors that used same starter as airheads ??

wow thats impressive count me in.
    now what job can i ask for help with?
    "Happy GS ing , G/S ing and StreetCarving! (colt)

Sorry Proff. I know that the small citroen and peugeots used the Valeo D6ra starters, possibly renaults as well. Unfortunately the one they gave me is goosed but I think will get the gist.

One of the reasons I doubt making it, is due to the rusting away of the left hand silencer mounting bracket. It's currently only held on by one bolt! plus, I have a slow puncture, due i think to the rear wheel being coroded internally. the idling is also a bit erratic.

1150GS , Yamaha FJ1200. Moto Guzzi California 3.

Hmm, I have some tie wraps that are rated at 300 c, I might dwell on this a while longer. the availability of welding and someone who knows what they're doing is a bit of a draw!
    1150GS , Yamaha FJ1200. Moto Guzzi California 3.

I shall stick a set of carb balance gauges in the panniers if anybody wants to use them

Quote Originally Posted by ELIMINATOR View Post
    Hmm, I have some tie wraps that are rated at 300 c, I might dwell on this a while longer. the availability of welding and someone who knows what they're doing is a bit of a draw!
    put some ultra seal in the tyre and dont forget a pump as for the exhaust wrap some wire around it forget tie wraps and the run will proably give it a good clear out. think of the Beer

Quote Originally Posted by England-Kev View Post
    I shall stick a set of carb balance gauges in the panniers if anybody wants to use them
    I'm hoping to retrieve the ones I left there last year..

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Farmer View Post
    I'm hoping to retrieve the ones I left there last year..
    They are on the worktop where you left them ready for you. I might even clean them for you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast