Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Workshop is ready.

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by ELIMINATOR View Post
    Hmm, I have some tie wraps that are rated at 300 c, I might dwell on this a while longer. the availability of welding and someone who knows what they're doing is a bit of a draw!
    Hey ! We have all been following the trials and tribulations of you bike for months now, you cant let us down now. as someone said, tie the bugger up with wire, get yerself to ASDA and buy a little electric pump, £6. bloody fantastic value, and ride the bugger down , you know it makes sense.

Shep of the Dessert Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Picked up all the painted parts for mine last night, they look good to me.

It will all be put in a van ( a proper basket case) and hopefully put together (mostly) over the wee-kend. I think I'll be missing some parts but there is lots to do so at least i'll be busy.

Is it OK if I bring my guitar for the evenings?

Hopefully i will set off from here early friday and be with you all before lunch

Can't wait

Shep

Quote Originally Posted by pastyman View Post
    I picked up a scrap valeo starter today. Its knackered but if anyone is interested we could dismantle it and show those that dont yet know, how easy and cheap it can be to repair. I will bring it up if anyone is interested
    Yes please !! My pal's PD Classic had a knackered starter which I helped him change, but no idea really of how to overhaul a Valeo, so will be very interested.
    Weekends looking better and better.
    Kite Recording Studio
    www.kitestudio.co.uk

bumpmucher, it has ultraseal in it already, put in by the previous owner. if the bike is ridden enough, the tyre doesn't deflate. But, leave it for a while & I can see the Blue ultraseal around the rim!
    1150GS , Yamaha FJ1200. Moto Guzzi California 3.

25 Mar 1949 - 10 Nov 2016 Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Hic Hic :)

Just got back from tasting the Beer that we will be drinking..
    2 [TWO] 9 gallon Barrels this year.
    Cider Mine + beer barrels is next Thursday collection.
    Needs only 1 hours rest before drinking
    So Early arrivers will be able to sup it OK
    Beer is from >>
    http://www.thebeerengine.co.uk/
    PISTON
    Cider from >>
    http://www.winkleighcider.com/
    Autumn Mix

Quote Originally Posted by Proff View Post
    Just got back from tasting the Beer that we will be drinking..
    2 [TWO] 9 gallon Barrels this year.
    Cider Mine + beer barrels is next Thursday collection.
    Needs only 1 hours rest before drinking
    So Early arrivers will be able to sup it OK
    Beer is from >>
    http://www.thebeerengine.co.uk/
    PISTON
    Cider from >>
    http://www.winkleighcider.com/
    Autumn Mix

bumpmucher, it has ultraseal in it already, put in by the previous owner. if the bike is ridden enough, the tyre doesn't deflate. But, leave it for a while & I can see the Blue ultraseal around the rim!
    just need to get a pump then

i have an elecric pump.

is it realistic of me to hope that this bracket could be repaired while at the weekend? i have some guilotined 16 gauge steel, but it need sto be drilled and slotted, as per the original mounting arrangement.

Take the tyre off and wirebrush the rim? Or am I missing something? If it still leaks, spray clear lacquer on the inside of the rim, a few coats and it will seal if its porous.

Shep, that is what I will get around to doing, although I have no tyre levers at the moment, and I've never removed a tyre before.. Oooh, spray with clear laquer, that sounds promising.

Take the wheel with a few beers to your local tyre guy he'll whip it off and clean it up for a few scheckles, if he's cheap bung him a beer or two, it will be worth it just develop a nice working relationship

Shep

Thrower of cats at pigeons Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Shep, that is what I will get around to doing, although I have no tyre levers at the moment, and I've never removed a tyre before.. Oooh, spray with clear laquer, that sounds promising.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shep View Post
    Take the wheel with a few beers to your local tyre guy he'll whip it off and clean it up for a few scheckles, if he's cheap bung him a beer or two, it will be worth it just develop a nice working relationship

Shep

Alternatively ride it as it is (stopping every now and then to add air as required ) and we can sort it at the wee-kend. I'll have my tyre leavers etc with me. I'll try and remember the special rim cleaning tool too

I think I've promised to show interested persons how to plug a tyre an-all

Val.
    You know!?, it's the people who live in the land that always seem to make it more beautiful than it already appears.

Quote Originally Posted by VAL. H. View Post

I think I've promised to show interested persons how to plug a tyre an-all

Val.
    I think you have too !
    Kite Recording Studio
    www.kitestudio.co.uk

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232348 machine taps, anyone have a need for anyof these, I'll bring them along for you to use if you have a need.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12