Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trains Planes and Automobiles

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Bilco View Post
    The bikes will be released today. Somehow, the container got all the way to SF without clearing customs which is very bizarre! It's caused a bit of a stir with the authorities to say the least so everything came to a halt.

Anyway, the good thing about the US is everything is black and white and I've been up most of the night making things the right colour for them

Just off down to Oakland to clear them now so all should be well in the next few hours.

Go kick some ass dude....

Nice but unfortunate husband.
    Quote Originally Posted by the lost soul View Post

Go kick some ass dude....
    The ass kicking hasn't had the desired effect. Still bikeless.
    There are two opinions of the GS. There are those who have ridden one who think its fantastic and there are those who haven't who know its crap.

Gee.......I just love your accent...

Dream Maker
    Quick update and customs have changed the rules a bit to make it easier for us to get the bikes quicker. We will be running on a carnet which is strange in teh US but at least we will get the bikes.

I'm with them early doors tomorrow so fingers crossed all will run smoothly

Right, that's me off for a quick drink and a long sleep
    www.unchainedtours.com

"Of all the forces that make for a better world, none is so powerful as hope.
    With hope, one can think, one can work, one can dream.
    If you have hope, you have everything."

http://www.unchainedtours.com

Dream Maker
    The bikes have finally arrived after 2 days of pleading and begging with US customs so all is well.........almost

The container took a hit somewhere so the bikes had moved. All OK but mine and Aidans have broken side stands which is a pain but mendable thank goodness.

Quick look round Alcatraz tomorrow and then head off on Sunday
    www.unchainedtours.com

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Bilco View Post
    Quick look round Alcatraz tomorrow and then head off on Sunday
    At the risk of teaching my grandmother to suck eggs, have you booked tickets ?

When I was over there a while ago, mate of mine from the area said it's sometimes wise to book ahead "to avoid disappointment". He could have been bullsh1tting me cos he didn't fancy going there for the gazillionth time of course , but maybe worth a call today if there's any doubt, especially if you're going in numbers

edit: your post quoted above is timed at 06.23 Saturday but says Alcatraz tomorrow then head off Sunday, so maybe your 'tomorrow' is Saturday due to time difference so this may be too late. Either way, hope you see it and have a good one.
    Here: 12(62) R1200R Smoke Grey ABS,ASC,OBC,TPS,B&Q,FBI,P45 .
    Gone:10(10) CRF230F Red / 92(J) VFR750FL 'Pearl' White/ 04(04) XR250R Red /98(R) R1100GS Kalahari Yellow/11(60) KTM 990 ADV Orange/07(07) CBF1000A-7 Black/03(03) R1150GS Black/84(A) MBX125 RWB/ 80(V) MB-5 Red

Dream Maker
    Ronnie

All tickets pre booked for Alcatraz. Whether they let us all off the island again is another matter........

Remember we are 8 hours behind you so the posts will reflect that.

Anyway, another lovely sunny California morning so better get my stuff together and head south the SF
    www.unchainedtours.com

oooh ya lucky buggers your going to have a feckin ace time
    Dont Bogart that joint my friend, pass it over to me

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12