Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thank you one and all

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Thank you one and all

So glad I finally made it to the site.

Sid, bloody marvellous of you & your family to allow so many tossers onto your property. You Sir, are a Gent.

Thanks Bumpmuncher (already forgotten your real name!) Rob Farmer, James.

My bike is idling far better than it has done before.

thanks for looking at the rusty silencer brackets, and giving me alternative ideas of making them good.

It was nice to put faces to names, some were not as I imagined I am obviously as handsome in the flesh as in my avatar.

Att was about 3 feet shorter than I thought he was going to be.

Rob Farmer didn't turn out to be the middle aged greying bloke I thought he'd be either! (Well OK, he fits the bill for the middle aged bit)

The ride in the passenger seat of Tarka's outfit was a great experience, unlike his hairstyle! Steve, you'll have to reverse it before much longer, shave the middle, let the sides grow It will be good to see the video of Steve wearing hi-viz waistcoat, at the time Steve thought Brassmonkey was pointing a still camera at him. (My crap memory for names strikes again, sorry Brassmonkey!)

glad I took earplugs with me, Att's tent was quite close

Proff, the cider tasted nice, but didn't have the effect that i thought it was going to Although I should add, when I tried to juggle with the balls, I couldn't do it at all I can usually do this when I'm drunk, so maybe it was stronger than I thought

All in all a great experience. If I haven't mentioned anyone who I met, or helped, I apologise, I'm just crap with names.
    1150GS , Yamaha FJ1200. Moto Guzzi California 3.

I can only echo what Eliminator has said a truly GREAT Wee-Kend, thanks to Sid and Ann, and Proff and Babs, who carried on with the event through the difficult circumstances leading up to it, continued best wishes to both Pete and Chris for a complete recovery. Also thanks to everyone else who helped and came along all of you are ladies and gents.

Big thanks to Sid & Ann for hosting the event again and Barb (Hope you had a great birthday) & Proff for all your hard work, it was a great weekend.

Thanks to Rob Farmer for setting up the carbs, I give them a thorough testing on the way home and they worked just fine .

Can't remember your name but the B3227 back to Taunton was a good alternative to the A road .

hi all.. sounds like i missed a good do..

mind you...................

648 miles yesterday and got well and truly lost at Umberleigh? i asked a nice old yokal type but he didnt know where i needed to be either

but what i did learn from this is

1) get better directions/ use a map/ or sat nav
    2) get a phone number from someone else whos going
    3) my ass can survive 14 hrs in the saddle (not full time)
    4) my old bike never missed a beat and ran loverly, and used 60 quid in fuel.

5) southern fuel prices stink

harry

Relative numpty Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    A huge thank you from me to all involved!

First and foremost, thanks to Sid & family for throwing open their home, workshop, gardens and all for the weekend - you are legends and wonderful hosts

Thanks to Ann, Barb, Proff and all for all the lovely food & drinks - brekkies, curries, BBQ, scones & cream, teas, beer..... The list goes on - we could not have wanted for more!

Thanks to everyone who helped this particular numpty sort out his steering head adjustment, shock bolts, carb balancing, throttle springs, satnav bracket..... England-Kev, Abrasion, Rob Farmer, Flip-fly (and I'm sure there was more - you know who you are). Cheers! (I went up to the tent to sort that out and when I came back my bike was already being worked on ). I've got a few jobs to do on the bike and thanks to the advice from knowledgeable dudes this weekend I now know where to start....

Great to meet some old faces and some new ones. All-n-all, a fecking top event....

(Pics tomorrow - I need my laptop to sort through them....)

After getting home & nodding off, I went out on the bike again. Returned home, tyre didn't look to be sitting right......................................... 18 PSI It needed replacing anyway as the tread depth is er

Quote Originally Posted by ELIMINATOR View Post
    After getting home, I went out on the bike again. Returned home, tyre didn't look to be sitting right......................................... 18 PSI
    What air did you put in it

the temporary stuff, that finds it's way out again. Tyre is beneath the wear bars anyway.

Elevensies, ouch!

My thanks also to Sid and Anne, Proff and Barb and all the tossers who made this another exceptional dooooo. it was brilliant.
    from the building of Sheps stunning bike to the experience and laugh of riding in a sidecar while Tarka hoisted the chair in the air. The excellent food and drink and the very memorable Jaffa cakes, monkey juice,and bumpmuncher trying to master the unicycle whilst pissed. all in all a great event.

I would also like to add my thanks and gratitude to the folks that had any input to this event
    Ann and Sid, Proff and Barbara, were of course the main event top folk but I recon the wonder of this meet is that everyone helps everyone else with whatever they can - whenever they can
    So Thanks to everyone who attended as well as the orgernisers
    Best event this year for sure !!!
    380 miles on devons finest roads, plotted by Proff and assisted by Eng Kev
    A few trails and tracks chucked in as well
    I did stop for a couple of pictures
    I will post them later

Jaffa cakes

Blog Entries
    A huge thanks to everybody for making my weekend just what I needed, chilled, relaxed and full of laughter.
    Sid & Ann.....Words cannot adequately describe the thanks and appreciation....Keith & Barb, same again, just lovely people

It was brilliant to meet faces new and old, mostly old, but that made me feel better

Guzzi covered nearly 600 miles without a glitch....And I bonded with it even more, even scraped the stand on a corner

Google.....Empowering idiots since 1998

what a brilliant wee-kend.

huge thankyou to Sid & Ann (plus Sids mate, sorry forgot his name) and Proff & Barb for all the hard work.

food was spot on

company great

ride out good

tinkering with bikes and learning a lot

massive thanks to everyone who helped make this such a cracking do...

it is nice to know there are such selfless generous people that make life so much better for their generosity

thankyou Sid, Bill, Keith et-al

David

Big thanks to everyone who turned up and made it such a great weekend. Last years event was good but I think this years was even better especially as we had good weather this year.

Just over a week ago I thought we might have to cancel this event after my son's accident and Proff and Babs son going into hospital as well. Thanks to massive effort from both our wifes we were able to carry on although I'm sure both Ann and Babs thoughts were elsewhere.

I really enjoyed the whole weekend as we had such a fantastic group of people. Everyone mucked in to help each other so much. Numerous people got stuck in to fixing up Ann's bike whilst I was busy making sure everything ran smoothly. Big thanks to all who had input into building up her bike.

The food as usual was top quality. Most of that was down to Proff and Babs sourcing of the meat from local butchers. Big thanks to Bakerman for donating the scones which went down very well with jam and Devon cream. I don't think anyone went hungry with some superb breakfasts prepared by Simon (Sumprat) and Ann.

Thanks also to James Sherlock for supplying all the bits we needed even opening up on Saturday and bringing the bits around personally in the evening.

I've just had a quick add up of the takings and the costs and it looks like we have raised around £800 for Calum's Road. This is stunning! A massive thank you to everyone of you for your excellent generosity. I was worried if we would break even as the substantial costs of the food and drink mounted up and we kept prices down to an absolute minimum. Of course the good nature of airhead tossers has meant we have a sizeable amount to go towards Calum's Road. I will finalise all the costs in the next few days and post on here the exact figure and it will be paid into the Justgiving account.

There are probably other people I should mention to thank so apologies if I've missed anyone.

It was a brilliant weekend and a real pleasure to have so many friends around to enjoy it all.

Thanks to sid/ Ann Proff /barb and all of the other "backroom boys/girls"

Excellent food , company and not forgetting Sids special unicycle birthday cake destruction stunt act

Next time can we tell Flipfly and ATT that the main camp area is full and there is only the overflow field available, that way lots more people can get lots more sleep
    My other bike is ........... in pieces

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast