a question for brummie tw@ts on here? moving to Kidderminster area....yay or nay

y2blade

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
more specifically "Wolverley" "Fairfield" and "Franche"

any good?

Go to Bewdley, just up the road and forget you even considered Kiddy!!:comfort:augie:D:D:D

All those places are nice and way out of my price range.... and theres a great biker cafe at Quatt a few miles away. I wouldnt class any of them as kiddy..

All those areas you mentioned mate are ok.

Fairfield really is Wolverley, it's the cheaper side, mainly with generously sized ex council houses and housing association. Fairly rural too.

Franche is ok, again quite a small estate and closer to the town centre (about a mile), and Bewdley being about 3 mile away.

Both these areas are certainly not 'rough'!

Big Si lives in Pershore, his opinion won't count...:hide

DD...:thumb

I grew up in Stourport and then Kidderminster. Left as soon as I could and never went back.

Bewdley is nice but a bit overrun with tourists in the summer, and occasionally floods in the winter.

As mentioned, Kiddy isn't the best of towns. Wolverley is fine, have a couple of mates there. Bewdley is nice too. In laws live in Kinver which is quite a nice large village just to the North of the area you're looking at. I'm South of Kiddy just outside Ombersley, again nice area with decent amenities and close enough to the motorway.

thanks all. it is the surrounding area that is the option, NOT Kidderminster itself

a member of family is moving up there with a new job ...the job is in based around Kidderminster,they are currently living in a town but would like something a little bit outside of Kidderminster itself, the villages I mentioned are what they are looking at and have an open mind to suggestions , looking to move during the childrens summer holidays

Bewdley is nice but a bit overrun with tourists in the summer, and occasionally floods in the winter.

thankyou, will pass it on

any other areas worth a look?

If they are working in Kiddy then most of the surrounding villages on the main routes into the town are pleasant. It depends on how rural they want to be. Fairfield et al are now more like suburbs than true villages.

If they are working in Kiddy then most of the surrounding villages on the main routes into the town are pleasant. It depends on how rural they want to be. Fairfield et al are now more like suburbs than true villages.

they don't like it "too" quiet :confused: unlike me.....my village is as rural as you can get...when they are at my house visiting they stand out in the garden and comment about it being far to quiet :eek: bloody townies ;)

thanks for the PM

Has half this thread disappeared …or am I imagining things….again?:confused: Anyway, not too far from Kiddy is Cleobury Mortimer….worth a punt as a “civilised (I use the term loosely) but rural type place….:)

Update

they are now all moved in and very happy in a lovely rural area
they settled for a nice house about 20mins from Kidderminster

thanks all

Back
Top Bottom