Tossers on Tour v1 ...The Italian Job 9th-19th June 2011

how about

9th june thru till 19th june , the snow should have melted in the passes, its clear of the kids summer hols,the hotels shouldnt be too bad, its clear of august, and only seven working days off work.
thats gives us 5 days to see how far we can get,turn round and run for home.
we could leave mega early on thursday morning, and be on the boat at 6am, and be on the late boat on sunday evening.

One of our trips is always around the first week of July and I have never had a problem finding a hotel at that time of year.

The killer is the weather, very hot, too hot really.

Early or mid June could be just the ticket.

Italian job

Well. all sounds good to me, all be EU so ins not a prob trip on the puff puff sounds good, a german I met at garmish the other year does it and though it brilliant. Slogging through froggie land can be tedious when you've done it a few times. So, lets have a go, plenty of hairpin bends for Paul;!!! (you'd better get going on that gear box!), but then you could always go on the bantam? good fuel economy leave a month before us and we'll see you there.
Dave GS (time for an italian rave!!)

The Italian Job

I may be up for this one in June; I like the thought of the train as I’ve done the slog through France a few times, although I’m easy as I’ve got an Airhawk on the GS so the 500 miles a day should be OK .

easy peasy

I may be up for this one in June; I like the thought of the train as I’ve done the slog through France a few times, although I’m easy as I’ve got an Airhawk on the GS so the 500 miles a day should be OK .
Our longest day mileage to date was 932 miles in one day with an airhawk, mind you when the day was over i didnt know where my arse was,it was dead.
We ended up south of madrid in one day, a very long day.
Ive yet to conquer the 1,000 mile day.:blast

wappings wanderings

Richard is sorting a trip in april to jolly france, could be handy practice for this trip for the euro virgins, ive volunteered to arse end charlie.....again.

Richard is sorting a trip in april to jolly france, could be handy practice for this trip for the euro virgins, ive volunteered to arse end charlie.....again.
Euro virgins! Where, when, how many? This trip is getting better by the minute.
And SWMBO believed me when I said it was just a bunch of Tossers going to Italy ...........................

Virgins?

Euro virgins! Where, when, how many? This trip is getting better by the minute.
And SWMBO believed me when I said it was just a bunch of Tossers going to Italy ...........................
Virgin lover?
This man obviously can't take critisisam.

Virgin lover?
This man obviously can't take critisisam.
Clearly some crossed wires here
still-virgin-call-for-help.jpg

Dooocatee

Great Idea, show them whata REAL motorcyle looks like!
Dave GS. (10 euros!!!!!! have to start saving up).

Sounds like a straight forward trip to me ,but 900 odd miles in a day ?? Used to do those things but lately common sense has taken over and the train down south sounds interesting as I always find the trip south mostly boring .
Agree with wheeedwidewebb The Splugen is one of the most picturesque of all the passes I have been to ,and I have done most in the Alps.
Will keep my eye on your thread

Milages

Sounds like a straight forward trip to me ,but 900 odd miles in a day ?? Used to do those things but lately common sense has taken over and the train down south sounds interesting as I always find the trip south mostly boring .
Agree with wheeedwidewebb The Splugen is one of the most picturesque of all the passes I have been to ,and I have done most in the Alps.
Will keep my eye on your thread

900? that's only before lunch.

Dave knows... he's proper hardcore...gonna try and beat our best of 932 miles in one day..or so:augie

What are you going to see doing 900 miles plus a day ? could just get on a plane and save some time :)

well...

What are you going to see doing 900 miles plus a day ? could just get on a plane and save some time :)
Theres sun sea sand sky snow and sangria to wash it down, and some of the most beautiful scenery in the world.
Mountain ranges seen first hand are just a spectacle to behold, weve been 9000 ft above sea level, so high, that the bikes didnt want to restart.
Me and"bandits at 12 o clock"(aka george) know ,weve been before, it was a hard ride, but we loved it, if i had wanted a safe holiday, weve have gone to pontins.
I would expect to do at least 500 miles a day, you have to,these are big countries.
Weve done geneva in one day, it wasnt too bad, geneva was fab at night.
I think we can do Austria in one day, a place called innsbruck, should be do-able.
It will be a great place to attack the fluellapass, the offenpass, the stelviopass to name a few, these will be awesome, trust me.
I'm not trying to sell the trip here,quite the reverse, if youre not hardcore stay at home, and prune the roses.
The last person i would like to bring along is a rose pruner.
Ive yet to map out the mileage, but if you aim to do 250 miles in a day,go on a round trip to birmingham and go see the nec, cos youre on the wrong trip here.
You have to accept if you are to get to rome and bologna and back, you will have to give it some welly.
If you want to go on a riding holiday this is it,what its not is a propping up the bar trip, i can drink myself silly in a field, and regularly do.
Campout v4 in the planning btw.
There are 5 definates at the mo,we'll be riding in small groups around 10 mins apart , ipods are a must, its along fookin way.
If you have no euro experience mr wapping is sorting a wee euro blast for a spot of duty free as a taster.
There we are , the lie of the land...Paul.
Let the countdown begin.
ps please note the new dates 9th-19th june.2011
I will modify the title asap.

Theres sun sea sand sky snow and sangria to wash it down, and some of the most beautiful scenery in the world.
Mountain ranges seen first hand are just a spectacle to behold, weve been 9000 ft above sea level, so high, that the bikes didnt want to restart.
Me and"bandits at 12 o clock"(aka george) know ,weve been before, it was a hard ride, but we loved it, if i had wanted a safe holiday, weve have gone to pontins.
I would expect to do at least 500 miles a day, you have to,these are big countries.
Weve done geneva in one day, it wasnt too bad, geneva was fab at night.
I think we can do Austria in one day, a place called innsbruck, should be do-able.
It will be a great place to attack the fluellapass, the offenpass, the stelviopass to name a few, these will be awesome, trust me.
I'm not trying to sell the trip here,quite the reverse, if youre not hardcore stay at home, and prune the roses.
The last person i would like to bring along is a rose pruner.
Ive yet to map out the mileage, but if you aim to do 250 miles in a day,go on a round trip to birmingham and go see the nec, cos youre on the wrong trip here.
You have to accept if you are to get to rome and bologna and back, you will have to give it some welly.
If you want to go on a riding holiday this is it,what its not is a propping up the bar trip, i can drink myself silly in a field, and regularly do.
Campout v4 in the planning btw.
There are 5 definates at the mo,we'll be riding in small groups around 10 mins apart , ipods are a must, its along fookin way.
If you have no euro experience mr wapping is sorting a wee euro blast for a spot of duty free as a taster.
There we are , the lie of the land...Paul.
Let the countdown begin.
ps please note the new dates 9th-19th june.2011
I will modify the title asap.

Enjoy yourselves, I know I wouldn't with those miles each day and I have no roses:rolleyes:

I'm definately not hardcore http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?t=188518&highlight=100,000

milages

Ifwe are going to do this kind of miles I'll be out, have done it all before over far worse roads than europe and it is not enjoyable. Just rushing around from pillar to post is not relaxing or enjoyable, 400 max miles is enough. How can you enjoy all the sights when your just belting through everywhere?. It may be some sort of macho thing but I don't get it, if your short of time prune the trip to suit. Did a high speed tour of italy once and complete wast of time in my opinion.
Dave (not a kiill joy) GS

Back
Top Bottom